HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL) - Part II

View Poll Results: Does the MHL need a NEW thread for the 2013/2014 season?
Yes, it would be more convinient 1 25.00%
No, lets keep everything in one place 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-01-2012, 01:44 PM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
VICTORY for Hk Juniors! Great feat!
A really superb achievement. I'm glad that their season isn't over. Tasting some (relative) success, could motivate them to work even harder in future.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:35 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

only one game today
Vlci won over Sibir Snipers

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:12 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
wow, nice job by Riga knocking off Baltica, the Lithuanians had other plans for this season. Now what happens if Juniors promote to MHL-A will they actually go through with it?

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:37 AM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
wow, nice job by Riga knocking off Baltica, the Lithuanians had other plans for this season. Now what happens if Juniors promote to MHL-A will they actually go through with it?
Meh, judging by their website, Lithuanians stopped caring a long time ago.

The rulers of club haven't said anything publicly, so we can only speculate. If the unlikely happens and Juniors somehow got promoted, I think club would say, no thanks. It's not like Juniors were outplaying the opposition in every game this season, so the competition is good enough for them and the added cost of shipping another roster around Russia doesn't make it worth it.

Old
03-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I don't see them moving any further, to the 1/2 finals. "Batir'' will be too good for them. At least guys will be able to travel a bit and finally play against some good Eastern team and compar how's the level there.

But if they somehow gain a possibility to go to MHL, I'd say they won't go. Latvia's hockey is not as strong to support two successful MHL teams (if we really play with 92,93,94 born guys, not with that many overagers) and, as it was already said, MHL B is good enough for a team based on 93,94 guys to play in.

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:25 PM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
I don't see them moving any further, to the 1/2 finals. "Batir'' will be too good for them. At least guys will be able to travel a bit and finally play against some good Eastern team and compar how's the level there.
After a closer inspection, Batyr doesn't look like a much better team than Baltica. Most of the team leaders are 20-21 year-old cast-offs from Ufa, though the whole roster on average is a fair bit more younger than Lithuanian. If Juniors will manage to take at least one game from the in Neftekamsk, it could go both ways.

Old
03-02-2012, 02:15 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

MHL today
Goalies Ustinskij (Gazovik) and Šaryčenkov (MVD) had A
F Kugryšev (Červená Armáda) and Tuljakov (Ruskí Víťazi) with hattrick
Bučnevič (´95) game winning goal, he has 14+25 and should be best among his age group (I will make stats after regular season ends). He has more pts than Mikhail Grigorenko had last season (17+18).

Old
03-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
A really superb achievement. I'm glad that their season isn't over. Tasting some (relative) success, could motivate them to work even harder in future.
Their season will not end for some time, they still have Latvian league play-offs aheah. I was wondering, if they get past Batyr or have a longer series, how will it affect their Latvian league play-offs that should start a bit later...

Guys have a lot of games this season... 36 MHL B regular season games + 38 Latvian league games= already 74 games + play-offs in both leagues, it could amount to around 90 games at the end of the season. Huge strain on young players There's also U18 WC coming and 5-6 guys could be there from HK Riga...

Sure they can get some reinforcements from HK Riga if HK Riga season ends early but still it might get pretty confusing/ bad if they get past Batyr, HK Riga has longer play-off series and Latvian leagues play-off comes up too. They already postponed Latvian league game for MHL B play-off.

Last edited by Latgale_fan: 03-02-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old
03-02-2012, 03:00 PM
ozo

Quote:
Their season will not end for some time, they still have Latvian league play-offs aheah. I was wondering, if they get past Batyr or have a longer series, how will it affect their Latvian league play-offs that should start a bit later...

Guys have a lot of games this season... 36 MHL B regular season games + 38 Latvian league games= already 74 games + play-offs in both leagues, it could amount to around 90 games at the end of the season. Huge strain on young players There's also U18 WC coming and 5-6 guys could be there from HK Riga...

Sure they can get some reinforcements from HK Riga if HK Riga season ends early but still it might get pretty confusing/ bad if they get past Batyr, HK Riga has longer play-off series and Latvian leagues play-off comes up too. They already postponed Latvian league game for MHL B play-off.
You absolutely had to find a negative in this, didn't you? Dunno, it's better like this, than like some 5-6 years ago than we had to play Energia and LM 5 times per season and call it a season. If worst comes, and success becomes unbearable (the most absurd thing I've ever written in my life) they can always throw a series in one competition.

Old
03-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
You absolutely had to find a negative in this, didn't you? Dunno, it's better like this, than like some 5-6 years ago than we had to play Energia and LM 5 times per season and call it a season. If worst comes, and success becomes unbearable (the most absurd thing I've ever written in my life) they can always throw a series in one competition.
Don't necessarily find it negative, only the fact that they might be too tired at the end to go much further in play-offs.
And I don't know how's it with other MHL B teams. Do they play, say, in Russia 3rd tier leagues or somewhere else except of MHL B. Cause 36 games for a season seems too little but as I said, 74 in the regular season might be ok for NHL but I don't know about young players who still also need a lot of time to practice and tone their skills, not only to play every day... Even in CHL they don't play as many games.

Old
03-02-2012, 03:35 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Do they play, say, in Russia 3rd tier leagues or somewhere else except of MHL B.
I dont think so. IMO MHL B will have more games next season because it will have more clubs.

Old
03-02-2012, 03:58 PM
ozo

Quote:
Don't necessarily find it negative, only the fact that they might be too tired at the end to go much further in play-offs.
And I don't know how's it with other MHL B teams. Do they play, say, in Russia 3rd tier leagues or somewhere else except of MHL B.
If MHL B clubs parent team, doesn't have proper MHL affiliate, than said youth team acts as one, for example, Oktan - Molot (VHL), Altay Barnaul Jr -Altay Barnaul (Russia3) . None team's fully participates in two tournaments simultaneously with the same roster, but Moscow team players can play and odd game in regional championships as well (especially younger players).

Old
03-03-2012, 06:41 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

MHL today
F Pankov and Emelin has been playing for Tolpar since february..both started season in VHL/KHL.
It seems Kazakhs wont make play-off, MHK Spartak will make it.

EDIT:
Vlci vs Omsk

Last edited by vorky: 03-03-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old
03-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Don't worry about HK Juniors busy schedule, they have a big roster and a good rotation (about 40 players if you count OLC & MHL-B together).

Plus HK Juniors will get a boost from HK Riga in the Latvian play-off later rounds (management added 10+ players at the deadline, mostly '92s and older). Podzinsh will play for them no doubt, to become eligible to play for Team Latvia.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:54 AM
Latgale_fan

Buchnevich is a beast, 45 games 15g+29a= 44pts. Few more games and by PPG he could become top scorer of MHL ijn U17 group, beating Kucherov's 54pts in 53 games in 2009/2010. Also considering how relatively weak he started the season and has now become a point machine, today it was 1+4 or sth.

Of course he's playing on a great team but so was Grigorenko last year. Though he doesn't seem as good as Nichushkin or Tolchinsky when it comes to national team games.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:23 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

MHL today
MHK Spartak makes play-off, fight for last spot in divisions is among HK Riga/Lions Pete, Čajka/Reaktor and Mamuty Jugry/Gazovik

hattricks Artjom Fjodorov (´93,MHK Chimik) and Alexej Trandin (´90, Almaz)

Rihards Bukarts (´95) 0+1
Pavel Bučnevič (´95) 1+4 - he has played 45 games/44 pts, Kučerov (´93) played 53 games/54 pts in 09/10, Mikhail Grigorenko played 45 games/35 pts last seaon.

great attendance in Bobrujsk and Voskresenk

Old
03-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Latgale_fan

HK Riga almost guarantees play-offs. 2 games left, 5 points ahead of "Silver Foxes'' who also have 2 games... and Riga has two home games vs outsiders, Vlci.

Old
03-04-2012, 01:33 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
HK Riga almost guarantees play-offs. 2 games left, 5 points ahead of "Silver Foxes'' who also have 2 games... and Riga has two home games vs outsiders, Vlci.
yes, HK Riga makes play-off for sure

Old
03-05-2012, 08:17 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

MHL today
last week of regular season has just started
F Matvej Tymčenko (´95) of Amur played 2nd game in MHL, had A

Old
03-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Vasilevski would probably be better off playing in the VHL if his VHL affiliate is in the playoffs.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 12:13 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
they have decent goalies in the V

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 02:20 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

MHL today
big victory Red Army over Olympia (12:3) - Gusev (2+4),Kučerov (3+1)
Slepyšev (´94) scored 2 goals
Tolčinskij (´95) 1+1, he has 33pts, Mikhail Grigorenko had 35pts
other 95guys: Ilja Ivanov (1+0), Rihards Bukarts (0+1)

Old
03-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Vasilevski would probably be better off playing in the VHL if his VHL affiliate is in the playoffs.
Toros is one of the strongest teams in the V, no way would they put an 18yo in goal (even if he is very talented; well, maybe Tretiak would do ). Besides, the kid still has room to grow in the M.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 03:22 PM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
MHL today
big victory Red Army over Olympia (12:3) - Gusev (2+4),Kučerov (3+1)
Slepyšev (´94) scored 2 goals
Tolčinskij (´95) 1+1, he has 33pts, Mikhail Grigorenko had 35pts
other 95guys: Ilja Ivanov (1+0), Rihards Bukarts (0+1)
Seems like the only competition CSKA can win nowadays is MHL. How the might have fallen

Old
03-06-2012, 03:54 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

seems this Buchnevich guy is clever one

Quote:
Вы закрепились в «Алмазе». Какая следующая цель?
Хочу сыграть в КХЛ. Надеюсь этим летом попасть на сборы основной команды.
You are key guy of Almaz. What is next aim?
I want to play KHL. I hope I will make training camp of senior team in summer

Quote:
Есть ли игроки, игра которых вам импонирует?
В НХЛ нравится, как играют Дацюк и Малкин. А в КХЛ – Вадик Шипачёв. Было бы здорово сыграть с ним за «Северсталь».
What player do you like?
I like play of Datsyuk and Malkin from NHL. From KHL I like Shipchyov, would be great to play with him for Severstal