HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

A top 10 pick to the Flyers

Old
03-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Im a HUGE habs fan and even I know that is just crazy talk right there...The Habs could throw everything of value they have and The Flyers would still say no.
I don't know. I would think if the Habs would be willing to include Price and take Bryzgalov (assuming he'd waive NTC), I would listen to offers for Giroux.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
I don't think anyone is getting excited enough about Varachek to give up a crack at a top prospect. This guy has tools but can't put it together. I know if it's my top ten pick the word Vorachek makes me turn the other way. JVR, Coutourier, Schenn then I'm listening.
Voracek to me is all flash, no finish. I know a lot of my fellow Flyer fans love Voracek's "compete" level and can't stand JvR's, but for all of Voracek's flash, he really doesn't put up the numbers.

Voracek is playing the point on the #1 PP unit, has played 19 more games than JvR and still only scored 10 more points. I can't believe some fans absolutely love Voracek and are ready to trade JvR. I just shake my head at the notion.

Voracek to me is an o.k. 2nd line player and that's it. I just don't think he'll ever reach 60 points in a season.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Psuhockey

Voracek in my opinion is a Tuomo Ruutu like player. He might hit 20 goals a time or two but will be around a 40-50 pt two-way winger with goals in the teens. I think him plus a 1st could land in the 11-15 range considering the Flyers will be picking around 20. Depending on how the draft goes and team needs, maybe the 10th overall.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:50 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
6th in league scoring gives you some value. I think SIDGENO8771's argument is that JVR has a history of concussions and hasn't had a breakout season yet, so the move would be risky for the Leafs.
He's had one concussion and just broke his foot because he laid out and took one for the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
We wont send a top 10 pick for an often injured player. We are gonna lose a lot more games than we r gonna win. I wont be surprised if we get a top 5 pick. Maybe JVR + 1st or Couturier+1st or Schenn + 1st. If we win the draft lotttery, we could draft Yakupov. You guyz wont trade any of JVR, Schenn, Couturier and a 1st for our pick. JVR is a bust, while Schenn and Couturier is too valuable to u guyz. Our pick is just as untouchable as Couturier is 2 u guyz.
Flat out awful post

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:56 AM
SeriousHabs

Talks start with Couturier. Add if Habs pick top 5. Voracek not wanted for our 1st.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:34 AM
TOGuy14

Don't see the reason Philly would make this deal considering how many good young guys they have on the team right now (Giroux, Schenn, Couts, JVR, Voracek etc) unless they are specifically targeting one of the D like Dumba to replenish the back end.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Voracek in my opinion is a Tuomo Ruutu like player. He might hit 20 goals a time or two but will be around a 40-50 pt two-way winger with goals in the teens. I think him plus a 1st could land in the 11-15 range considering the Flyers will be picking around 20. Depending on how the draft goes and team needs, maybe the 10th overall.
Ruutu and Voracek are different kind of players.

Flyers will not move Voracek and their 1st round pick just to get in 11-15 range. Got to be some sick joke there.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Dr Robot

If we go off the assumption that the flyers get bounced in the first and pick 20th, we would have to find the value of vorachek(sp). He is 22 and has been hitting the 45-50 point pace for a few seasons and can probably bump it up to 50-55 as he gets older. If I had a pick around 14-16 I think depending on the team they would consider trading it for Vcheck. So the question is can the 20th and 15th pick get you 9 or 10. I think its a good possibility if you have the right trading partners. Win, Wash, Cal, Buf, Min, Tor, Tampa have the chance of being in that area. Some of those teams might win out, some might tank I dont know but right now those are the teams that are in the 8/9/10 range. I think 15+20 or 20+Vor can be had for one of those teams draft pick.

Dr Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:15 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Don't see the reason Philly would make this deal considering how many good young guys they have on the team right now (Giroux, Schenn, Couts, JVR, Voracek etc) unless they are specifically targeting one of the D like Dumba to replenish the back end.
The way I see it is; yes we have a lot of young talent up front, but our D is getting old, and the young defensemen we do have (Coburn, Meszaros, Carle etc) are what they are. 3rd or 4th defensemen. They aren't going to get much better IMO. We are in a position to be able to sacrifice a piece of our young forward core to add a young potential top pairing defenseman like Reinhart. I think it's a trade the flyers would make. Voracek is great young player and he will get better, but he is going to want a bit of a raise this offseason and I'd rather the flyers use that money to bolster the defense and trade him for a crack at a young defensive prospect that can grow with our young core. We have young forwards who will most likely be able to make up for Jakes production next season (read, schenn, couturier, Jvr). And for the record, I do like jvrs upside and potential a lot more than voraceks. He is not a bust, he's just had awful luck this season with injuries. I completely have faith in his ability to become the player we see in him.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 0
Isles have the 4th pick as of right now but if they had the 8th-10th pick I'd move it for Voracek plus the Flyers 1st, I really like Voracek.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:19 PM
rockinghockey

If EDM has a top 3 pick what would the trade look like for Couturier

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Isles have the 4th pick as of right now but if they had the 8th-10th pick I'd move it for Voracek plus the Flyers 1st, I really like Voracek.
Of course you would? Anyone would.

What's not to like? 22yo 50pts scorer and 1st round pick for enigma pick/player/potential. Hmmm..

Old
03-02-2012, 03:26 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Talks start with Couturier. Add if Habs pick top 5. Voracek not wanted for our 1st.
Is it me or do these types of requests just not make sense?

High draft pick, with proven NHL ability and still immense potential, for high draft pick, with unproven NHL ability and at best similar potential?

??

Do people really think that's logical for teams trading the former?

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Of course you would? Anyone would.

What's not to like? 22yo 50pts scorer and 1st round pick for enigma pick/player/potential. Hmmm..

I wouldn't and doubt Snow would,with the chance to land Murray,Dumba ,Trouba or one of the other quality,potential top 4 blueliners.

24 yrs old and under forwards:Tavares ,Grabner ,KO ,Martin ,Bailey ,Cizikas ,Nino ,Ullstrom,Strome ,Kabanov ,Lee ,Petrov ,Brock Nelson,Rkhanshani(sp).8 of them are in the nhl right now contributing.

24 yrs and under defensemen:Hamonic ,De Haan ,Donovan ,Ness. 1 of them is in the nhl right now contributing.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Where do the flyers project to draft ? Around 20th ?

As a hab fan, Voracek and a pick around 20th isn't enticing enough for me.
Why?! You get a 20th overall and an already very good player for a pick maybe 10 places above?

Who in their right mind would turn it down? I wouldn't even like us offering it. Picks are so mindlessly over-rated on this forum.

I mean, adding Couturier??!?!? So for your very good first round pick you want our slightly less awesome pick and a player who was picked at that same spot last year?!?

Mental.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:55 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Why?! You get a 20th overall and an already very good player for a pick maybe 10 places above?

Who in their right mind would turn it down? I wouldn't even like us offering it. Picks are so mindlessly over-rated on this forum.
Yeah,that's why the press tells us Snow shopped his 5th overall picks in each of the last 2 drafts,but passed up all trade proposals when he didn't get the deals he wanted.

Teams holding the 20th pick are not getting a Murray,Dumba,Forsberg or Trouba at #20.

Old
03-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsands View Post
JVR is a young 20 goal scorer with size and immense potential. You won't get anyone at #8 better than him.
uh yes you do ...

Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Murray, Reinhart, Dumba, Forsberg, Faska, Gaunce, Girgensons, etc ...

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:00 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Schenn for Leafs 1st and 2nd. Leafs is sitting 8th right now, could be 6 by the end of tonight. Package it with your own 1st and you could probably be top 5.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
uh yes you do ...

Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Murray, Reinhart, Dumba, Forsberg, Faska, Gaunce, Girgensons, etc ...
None of those players have done anything at the NHL level yet. Ironic when talking about JVR, but all they have is potential whilst you talk like they've already done it.

JVR has done it and I firmly believe will do far more.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:26 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

It would have to be a perfect fit, still I think the Flyers are giving up a little too much if it's a pick outside the top-6

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I wouldn't and doubt Snow would,with the chance to land Murray,Dumba ,Trouba or one of the other quality,potential top 4 blueliners.
who cares? I know I do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
24 yrs old and under forwards:Tavares ,Grabner ,KO ,Martin ,Bailey ,Cizikas ,Nino ,Ullstrom,Strome ,Kabanov ,Lee ,Petrov ,Brock Nelson,Rkhanshani(sp).8 of them are in the nhl right now contributing.

24 yrs and under defensemen:Hamonic ,De Haan ,Donovan ,Ness. 1 of them is in the nhl right now contributing.
wow really? must be awesome to have all these picks prospects and not making playoffs for 5-7 years

bragging about prospects. Awesome?
So why did you post all of it here?

Old
03-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Exit Dose

I find it funny that some of you are berating people for placing the value of their top ten pick over Voracek, but at the same time you're not offering up a player whose value is mostly locked up in potential, ie. Schenn and Couturier. That really adds up.

Last edited by Exit Dose: 03-02-2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: It was meant to be more general
Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:54 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
who cares? I know I do not.

wow really? must be awesome to have all these picks prospects and not making playoffs for 5-7 years

bragging about prospects. Awesome?
So why did you post all of it here?

The OP is a Flyers fan ,asking what team holding a top 10 pick ,would move that pick for Voracek and what likely will be a pick somewhere in the 20-25 range.

No bragging about the NYI prospects.A NYI fan posted,saying he'd take the OP's offer.I said I wouldn't and doubted Snow would. I pointed out that with a glut of young nhl forwards and forward prospects,the Isles would rather land a potential stud d-man,then the OP's offer.

And the 2007 playoffs were the last time the NYI made the postseason,since you are wondering

Old
03-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
I would give 4-10th overall it for couturier
i'd give up 2nd OV for Couturier.

except my team needs D...but yeah ill take him over Grigorenko/Galchenyuk/Forseberg

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:45 PM
RussianRocket10

If the Flyers traded Couturier or Schenn I would riot, and I hope other Flyers fans would too.

RussianRocket10 is online now   Reply With Quote