HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Jagr (Offseason)

Old
03-01-2012, 03:34 AM
Madik77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Don't want him back. And really, a Carle fan telling others to give their heads a shake?
So now we are laughing at other fans OF THE SAME TEAM just because they have different favourite player? Hmmm.

Madik77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:29 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madik77 View Post
So now we are laughing at other fans OF THE SAME TEAM just because they have different favourite player? Hmmm.
No, we are laughing at a person who worships a crap player in Carle who tells other people to gIve their head a shake. Jagr is old and while he's fine for the most part in the offensive zone, getting there is a big problem. If he were 10 years younger, sure, bring him back if the price is right but not at 40-41.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

I would have no problem resigning him but not for what he is making no if they are attempting to make any splashes in free agency. He has already said it isn't about money for him, whether that means he would be willing to take a pay cut to stay in Philly or just doesn't want an increase I don't know, but he has proved this year so far that he still has it. He will probably finish just shy of 25 goals/60 points so hes already currently on what I would call a fair deal, but for cap reasons and all the young guys if he really wants to stay here a pay cut would probably be needed, or a two year deal to ease the hit.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Vandalay Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
so if someone is aging.. he gotta have groin injury?
wow

Would you be able to recognize the words "probably" and "more prone" if you went back and read it again???

Vandalay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Vandalay Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madik77 View Post
Keep in mind that Jagr was not injured like 3-4 seasons in a row prior he came to Philly.

Might be right, but he wasn't playing in the NHL. There FAR MORE (FAR, FAR, FAR MORE) physical play in the NHL.

Maybe you should just realize, that the folks who said that he MIGHT be more prone to injuries coming back to the fastest, the best and the hardest league at the age of (almost) 40 COULD have a point. Just maybe.

Vandalay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:01 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Sign Jagr year to year, what's the problem? still one of the best guys out there and draws a lot of penalties.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:17 PM
BringBackStevens

I would take him back but he needs to take a pay cut

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:59 PM
DumpyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
It's weird how those excuses only apply to the Flyers.
Only Flyers players played in the Olympics? Heck I could have sworn the Hawks alone had more players in the Olympics then us
They lost in the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
and numerous players in the next years cup finals were in the Olympics too.
The Bruins were one of the healthiest teams in the league last year, and the Canucks main offensive contributors barely lost any man games.

You "the organization can do no wrong" types are a joke. You can like the new young guys all you want, but sitting there and playing captain hindsight by saying "that team would never have been a contender again" because they lost in the second round is an embarrassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post

I guess some people will just never get it. The Carter and Richards trades were brilliant moves that bode very well for the future of this team. ****ing get over it already.
We're over it. I like Simmonds as much as the next guy. The team is still 20 points behind in the standings where they were a season ago. That "future" you speak of better be all it's cracked up to be, because this team just isn't very good. Oh, wait. We won last night. We must be cup contenders again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
this must be either attempt to become one of biggest troll ever, or you drunk something.

Flyers play with howmany rookies? 8? and you call us a cup contender?

and Jagr blowing flyers down?

wow dude, stop taking that ****, what ever its, have a good day.. lol
English - do you have it in your country?

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:19 PM
JinzoBlaze

I can't believe people don't want to see jagr come back next year... the guy is still one of the better players in the league and you can't deny his chemistry with Giroux. Those kids that are playing bottom minutes for one more year will still learn a lot with a guy like that on their team. Hell it will even make Giroux a better player with another year with jags.

JinzoBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:32 PM
radaposspi

3rd in scoring while missing 9 games and played under 5 min in couple more. Gets a lot of attention from the opponent's defence. His speed is gone but his unexpected passes are still there. All that for less money than Carle gets.

I say resign him given that:
- keeps the pace, avoids injuries and finishes the season somewhere around 60 pts
- solid performance in the playoff
- is willing (as he claims) to go under 3 mil

Next season I would put him into his usual spot on the right side during PP into the first unit and try to take advantage of him there instead of putting him into 3rd line with Briere.

radaposspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:13 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
English - do you have it in your country?
Seriously? Thats just ignorant, obviously English is not his/her first language, it was comprehensible if you can't understand it then just ignore the post rather then make a comment like that.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote