HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread pt. II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2012, 10:37 AM
  #201
Upgrayedd
Earn'em and Burn'em
 
Upgrayedd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
They talked about pubes this morning, first time ever I tune in live and they talk about shaving the pubes.
This, i had to change once the pubic hair and "sneeking a peak" in the locker room talk started...when a 25 year old red blooded male finds it in poor taste, you may want to look at your show content and more importantly whats acceptable on the air!

Upgrayedd is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 11:05 AM
  #202
sens4life
CLASSLESS
 
sens4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 1,559
vCash: 500
Gotta admit the Adelle - Tim Hortons callins were hillarious on TGOR this morning....

sens4life is offline  
Old
02-23-2012, 11:50 AM
  #203
Upgrayedd
Earn'em and Burn'em
 
Upgrayedd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 500
I actually found their "adele" thing to be completely unfunny and a huge fail. Also for a station that tries to promote mental health and were a strong anti-bullying media rep for ahwile, one would figure comparing Adele to the new tim horton's cup size was probably in poor taste and doesnt set a good example. Add to that having customers order an "adele" size coffee at tim's whilst on the air is poor radio quality for a listener and left me cringing. And the icing on the cake the timmies staffer having no clue what the guy is talking about.....woooooo what a zinger! No offense intended but this show is so trashy these days.

Upgrayedd is offline  
Old
03-02-2012, 08:27 PM
  #204
CapitalCityGoofball
Registered User
 
CapitalCityGoofball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Well whadaya know? Was at work a bit late tonight and drove home listening to the game. Dean and Gordo together again! Inside jokes, inane comments. Total garbage.

CapitalCityGoofball is offline  
Old
03-02-2012, 10:32 PM
  #205
ZSensFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Yes! Team 1200 is almost good now. Simpson rocks, seriously he has some great insights, love his tone as well. Don't like the boom shakalacka and el-predicto stuff on the morning show, it's trying way to hard to generate a catch phrase, but isn't funny. You can't force that stuff, it has to come about organically. Overall much better, but the two guys on the radio in the morning should stop trying so hard and just be natural and discuss interesting things, perhaps about sports, but not always about sports.

McGuire and Mackenzie are gold.

We know when you're trying too hard, it isn't good radio.

ZSensFan is offline  
Old
03-03-2012, 12:20 AM
  #206
Tundraman
GoneCountry
 
Tundraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North
Posts: 5,828
vCash: 500
Foremost, what I detest about the Team1200 is the ridiculous background music they play during interviews (I use the term music loosely). Also they play it way too early to announce their end of segment breaks. I don't know if they are trying to watermark their shows but honestly if that's it they shouldn't bother nobody wants to steal them.

Also the output from their mics isn't normalized so the one guy often sounds clearer / louder while others are harder to hear. Playing music on top makes it almost impossible if not uncomfortable to follow the comments especially when there is additional background noise either at their end or the listeners. It's worse when a GM, coach or a remote reporter calls on a cell phone and the signal breaks, pops or sounds like they are talking in a tin can.

Whenever they work onsite for pregame or post game shows their mics pick up way too much crowd background noise. Maybe they think it creates a sense of atmosphere but not when they have to practically yell to make their voices stand out above the din.

Tundraman is offline  
Old
03-03-2012, 08:22 AM
  #207
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,003
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I have like every commercial jingle memorised from driving into work listening to TGOTR each morning. Right now I can't get this out of my head: "Warranty Approved OIL CHANGERS....we're fast n' friendly...you'll be SMILIN' as you're driving away!"

MainDotC is offline  
Old
03-03-2012, 08:23 AM
  #208
CapitalCityGoofball
Registered User
 
CapitalCityGoofball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
LOL, yes it is catchy!

CapitalCityGoofball is offline  
Old
03-03-2012, 08:37 AM
  #209
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,771
vCash: 500
Best thing on the team is Petros and Money. Those guys kill me.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline  
Old
03-03-2012, 09:31 AM
  #210
Yokai
Registered User
 
Yokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
I have like every commercial jingle memorised from driving into work listening to TGOTR each morning. Right now I can't get this out of my head: "Warranty Approved OIL CHANGERS....we're fast n' friendly...you'll be SMILIN' as you're driving away!"
Hey at least they don't have ads for Dilawri Honda or however you spell that god awful jingle's name. That has to be the one commercial played in the city that forces me to turn any radio station off.

Yokai is offline  
Old
03-03-2012, 09:56 AM
  #211
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Best thing on the team is Petros and Money. Those guys kill me.
Petros' voice makes me want to drown kittens. It's just... god, it's the most grating voice I know.

If I'm driving and that show comes on, I immediately want to swerve into oncoming traffic and hope the inevitable collision somehow disables my radio faster than it would take me to just change the station normally.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
03-03-2012, 10:52 AM
  #212
ollie
Registered User
 
ollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
I actually found their "adele" thing to be completely unfunny and a huge fail. Also for a station that tries to promote mental health and were a strong anti-bullying media rep for ahwile, one would figure comparing Adele to the new tim horton's cup size was probably in poor taste and doesnt set a good example. Add to that having customers order an "adele" size coffee at tim's whilst on the air is poor radio quality for a listener and left me cringing. And the icing on the cake the timmies staffer having no clue what the guy is talking about.....woooooo what a zinger! No offense intended but this show is so trashy these days.
Thanks for pointing this out. I totally agree. I lost some respect for JR after this.

ollie is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 04:02 PM
  #213
One Gun Mitty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalCityGoofball View Post
Well whadaya know? Was at work a bit late tonight and drove home listening to the game. Dean and Gordo together again! Inside jokes, inane comments. Total garbage.
INDEED !

Brownie the Clownie - proof positive that you can take the Windbag out of Talk Radio but you can never take the Talk Radio out of the Windbag.

One Gun Mitty is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 11:09 PM
  #214
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Thanks for pointing this out. I totally agree. I lost some respect for JR after this.
But she is fat. So what.

Stylizer1 is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 11:28 PM
  #215
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,423
vCash: 500
Sometimes I'm surprised at how sexest they can be. Don't get me wrong I really just don't give a **** but it does surprise me that it's ok is all I'm trying to say.

BK201 is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 07:39 AM
  #216
ollie
Registered User
 
ollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
But she is fat. So what.
Exactly my point... "So what". Pointing it out in a mocking fashion is mean, puerile and has nothing to do with sports radio.

ollie is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 08:37 AM
  #217
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
But she is fat. So what.
Using the same logic, we could all universally refer to the severely mentally handicapped people in society as "Stylizer1 Smart".

Or, we could refer to the ugliest people in society, and I'm talking "Elephant-Man-Taking-A-Blender-In-The-Face" ugly, as having a "Stylizer1 Mug".

I could go on... Just because it's true, it doesn't mean that it's the right thing to say.


(and I'm just trying to make a point here, not actually calling you dumb & ugly... at least, not severely, haha)

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 08:41 AM
  #218
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Using the same logic, we could all universally refer to the severely mentally handicapped people in society as "Stylizer1 Smart".

Or, we could refer to the ugliest people in society, and I'm talking "Elephant-Man-Taking-A-Blender-In-The-Face" ugly, as having a "Stylizer1 Mug".

I could go on... Just because it's true, it doesn't mean that it's the right thing to say.


(and I'm just trying to make a point here, not actually calling you dumb & ugly... at least, not severely, haha)
Is it right no of course not but the bigger issue is some have the logic its wrong and should not be permitted to mock women or certain groups but all others are fair game.

wjhl2009fan is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 08:50 AM
  #219
FreakyBunny
Registered User
 
FreakyBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Using the same logic, we could all universally refer to the severely mentally handicapped people in society as "Stylizer1 Smart".

Or, we could refer to the ugliest people in society, and I'm talking "Elephant-Man-Taking-A-Blender-In-The-Face" ugly, as having a "Stylizer1 Mug".

I could go on... Just because it's true, it doesn't mean that it's the right thing to say.


(and I'm just trying to make a point here, not actually calling you dumb & ugly... at least, not severely, haha)
Despite this, I think we've made some progress here in Ottawa. The very idea of the TEAM 1200 coming out as anti-bullying, and taking seriously the need to be so, is remarkable. I don't think they would have even entertained the notion a few years ago.

I also think this board is making huge strides. A couple of months ago I PMed a mod about a GDT title that I thought was ant-gay. I also wrote the original poster. The poster wasn't trying to be anti-gay, but the word he used could be seen as that. He totally understood and changed the title. The mod agreed, but the original poster had changed the title before the mad had to.

That was an amazing night for me. Not only did both of them see my point of view, but they went that one step further by not being at all defensive about it. I have to admit I was expecting to be shot down, but instead I was taken seriously.

I don't believe things happen for a reason. But if any good can come out of the disaster that was Jamie Hubly's death, it's going to be in the form a kinder, more considerate city. The "Adele" sized quips piss me off because JR is the program director. If the team is really anti bullying, and not just pretending to be, "jokes" like this have no place on their programming.

FreakyBunny is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 08:58 AM
  #220
sens4life
CLASSLESS
 
sens4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 1,559
vCash: 500
Well done Team 1200, to take the message boards and completely trash them on radio this morning....

You guys are completely clueless...you should be engaging with people here...not everyone "spews hateful venom". ...and I don't hide behind my username. Far from it. I've emailed the Team and JR most recently 2-3 weeks ago, only to have a defensive JR. I wasn't going to post his response, but after the attack JR and Steve had on message boards this morning, i'm really tempted to, just to show you how much JR isn't even willing to *listen* to people that take the time to write in with opinions on how to make the Team1200 better.

sens4life is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 09:03 AM
  #221
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
Well done Team 1200, to take the message boards and completely trash them on radio this morning....

You guys are completely clueless...you should be engaging with people here...not everyone "spews hateful venom". ...and I don't hide behind my username. Far from it. I've emailed the Team and JR most recently 2-3 weeks ago, only to have a defensive JR. I wasn't going to post his response, but after the attack JR and Steve had on message boards this morning, i'm really tempted to, just to show you how much JR isn't even willing to *listen* to people that take the time to write in with opinions on how to make the Team1200 better.
I don't listen to TGOR (because it's, plain and simple, just possibly the worst thing on the radio), but I'm interested to hear what he said, if only to renew my faith in my decision to listen to CBC1 rather than Team1200 in the morning.

Recap?

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 09:04 AM
  #222
Upgrayedd
Earn'em and Burn'em
 
Upgrayedd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
Well done Team 1200, to take the message boards and completely trash them on radio this morning....

You guys are completely clueless...you should be engaging with people here...not everyone "spews hateful venom". ...and I don't hide behind my username. Far from it. I've emailed the Team and JR most recently 2-3 weeks ago, only to have a defensive JR. I wasn't going to post his response, but after the attack JR and Steve had on message boards this morning, i'm really tempted to, just to show you how much JR isn't even willing to *listen* to people that take the time to write in with opinions on how to make the Team1200 better.
That's sad, it's really getting frustrating especially when your in the car for 30-40 mins every morning and simply trying to get a rundown of the previous nights scores but all you get is lame contests, various soundbites, last nights non sports related tv take etc...i feel a shakeup is coming!

Complete side note and couldn't find a thread to post in , anyone hear of an upcoming ottawa sun re-org??? I was reading rumours they may be cleaning house at that clown college?

Upgrayedd is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 09:29 AM
  #223
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
That's sad, it's really getting frustrating especially when your in the car for 30-40 mins every morning and simply trying to get a rundown of the previous nights scores but all you get is lame contests, various soundbites, last nights non sports related tv take etc...i feel a shakeup is coming!

Complete side note and couldn't find a thread to post in , anyone hear of an upcoming ottawa sun re-org??? I was reading rumours they may be cleaning house at that clown college?
Really?

I heard the opposite, actually. A friend of mine works for a design firm, and sent me a sneak-peak of their new logo recently:


BonkTastic is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 09:30 AM
  #224
otown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
TGOR on life support! Is the email segment driving anyone else nuts? "Filler radio" !
When is TSN coming?

otown is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 09:54 AM
  #225
FreakyBunny
Registered User
 
FreakyBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
What did they say about the boards?

FreakyBunny is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.