HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#64 | New York Islanders vs. Philadelphia Flyers | Mar 1 | L 3-6

Old
03-01-2012, 10:42 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I was a volleyball, basketball player as a kid. Was captain of my volleyball team in college my last 2 years. I almost killed this guy in my first ever collegiate tourney when I spiked one into this guy's face and knocked him out - the guy wore eyeglasses too, blood everywhere, it was a mess. I dabbled in hockey, but I was a goon RW - skating backwards was and still is a disaster.

That's hilarious about the avatar and image. I just like looking at pretty girls. You indeed do need an avatar petro. Surprised you didn't do it earlier.

EDIT: Haha, nice avatar.
Love the story.... sounds like something straight out of a Ben Stiller movie.... being that I'm 5'6, basketball and volleyball never were the games of choice..... high school baseball and roller hockey were my games.. and in my old age, I've taken up running.. just ran the NYC marathon in November and I'll be up in your neck of the woods next month to run the Boston Marathon in April.

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:20 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Mac View Post
flyers fan coming in peace, how does okposo still wear an A on his jersey? the guy doesn't seem assertive at all and doesn't lead by example on the ice.. he looked promising, but that has faded
Just look at the Captain, and realize they had to pick someone more disappointing than him to be the A.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
This is so true..

The Isles should have a built in rule to protect themselves: When Garth Snow deems a prospect ready, that prospect should automatically have to play another two seasons of junior/college/AHL hockey before he could be called up..
Maybe it's just my paranoia or something. But I almost would rather draft a very good, albeit not great prospect like say a Brock Nelson over a Nino Niederreiter. This way I can feel safe that the prospect will be developed properly. and I like Nino. I don't think he's ruined or anything. But it's pretty damn clear that he should spend the entire season in Bridgeport next year. Even if there are injuries, he should stay down there.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:09 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Maybe it's just my paranoia or something. But I almost would rather draft a very good, albeit not great prospect like say a Brock Nelson over a Nino Niederreiter. This way I can feel safe that the prospect will be developed properly. and I like Nino. I don't think he's ruined or anything. But it's pretty damn clear that he should spend the entire season in Bridgeport next year. Even if there are injuries, he should stay down there.
Nino would probably be best served spending the year at Bridgeport next year. If he really excels there then maybe he'll earn a promotion to the big club. This year has really been a lost year for him. I do have faith in the kid and he'll rise above this circus in the coming years.

The Isles have rushed every first rounder since 2008, we're lucky JT is just a special talent because he was put in a bad situation with very little chance for success. Hopefully they've learned their lesson and leave Strome alone as well as whoever we draft this year. I really do think that since our prospect pool is so much deeper than it's been in a long time that the days of rushing these kids is over. Maybe it's more hope than belief.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:40 AM
SthlmNYI

Seeing Bailey in the last two games has been a real treat if you compare to the season as a whole.
Furthermore it made me realize that if Okposo, and Bailey was putting up numbers at their projected pace we'd be in "good" (Islander good, that is) shape.
Not to mention Grabner..

SthlmNYI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:24 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Flyers/Winterhawks fan here.

So....... does Nino still play for the Isles?

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:33 AM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthlmNYI View Post
Seeing Bailey in the last two games has been a real treat if you compare to the season as a whole.
Furthermore it made me realize that if Okposo, and Bailey was putting up numbers at their projected pace we'd be in "good" (Islander good, that is) shape.
Not to mention Grabner..
Maybe if we had a coach who managed the team instead of acting like a soulless cheerleader, that would have happened.

Even Butch pointed it out "Imagine if Cappy had tried putting Bailey on the wing earlier." Yeah, imagine that. You'd have to, considering Capuano's inability to strategize and adapt.

I knew the danger when JT said after Gordon was fired that the players got to just play and do what they want now. That never works, especially with young players.

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:59 AM
miscreant
Charles in Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROCKS View Post
thank goodness the Flyers flew in from the west coast, and got in late !!!

Cappy--- "they outmuscled us"--- what a shock----

A peewee team could outmuscle them.....

Yet he gives Martin the least ice time of any player on the team.

On a positive note, Ullstrom is catching on better to the pace of the game. Made several nice plays with the puck when he had limited time and space.

miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Isles1983

We seriously need to get rid of Wang, Cappy, and Snow. Well I am working this weekend. Wont have to go through the aggravation.

Isles1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Veteran journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
Yet he gives Martin the least ice time of any player on the team.

On a positive note, Ullstrom is catching on better to the pace of the game. Made several nice plays with the puck when he had limited time and space.
The second goal in particular. Nice short little pass from Ullstrom to Streit set that whole play up.

Veteran journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:13 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthlmNYI View Post
Not to mention Grabner..
KO and Bailey have a COMBINED 22 goals this year. Not good enough. Add in Grabner's huge number of 14 and thats 36 goals between 3 guys that were really counted on to score goals this year. Didn't happen.

This team is waaaaay to soft to compete in the Atlantic division as it is comprised today.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:38 AM
VAIsles
Mickey Mouse FO Yay!

I laughed hardcore last night when during the second intermission when the Isles had a playoff push ticket promotion to the final eight home games... Who are they kidding playoff push, almost broke a rib laughing that hard... Yay, flying up to TD Garden tomorrow to watch us get throttled... No Isles gear for me don't want to deal with the bleep, plus going with my GF Bruins fan and the fact that I am 5'8" and a buck fifty, haha... We have ATT Sportsdeck tix cost me some serious $$$...

VAIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:26 AM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAIsles View Post
I laughed hardcore last night when during the second intermission when the Isles had a playoff push ticket promotion to the final eight home games... Who are they kidding playoff push, almost broke a rib laughing that hard... Yay, flying up to TD Garden tomorrow to watch us get throttled... No Isles gear for me don't want to deal with the bleep, plus going with my GF Bruins fan and the fact that I am 5'8" and a buck fifty, haha... We have ATT Sportsdeck tix cost me some serious $$$...
8 points (9 now) from a playoff spot - 5 teams to hop over. Yet, they have been 1-5 points from LAST overall in the conference. Love the spin job on this bs.

Wait, a 'perimeter' playoff team somehow ends up in the lottery?

The sad part is the ONLY reason the 8th seed is 'up in the air' is because of WASH's horrid play.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:11 PM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs View Post
8 points (9 now) from a playoff spot - 5 teams to hop over. Yet, they have been 1-5 points from LAST overall in the conference. Love the spin job on this bs.

Wait, a 'perimeter' playoff team somehow ends up in the lottery?

The sad part is the ONLY reason the 8th seed is 'up in the air' is because of WASH's horrid play.
its laughable but we are actually in quite a good position to end up last in the east. We can do it!

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:53 PM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
Now that the Islanders season is pretty much over, and this game has been pretty much decided, I thought it might be fun to suggest what you would like to see the Islanders lines look like for the next game. I have one stipulation, Moulson and PAP can't be on JT's lines.

Ullstrom - Tavares - Bailey
Moulson - Nielsen - Nino
Martin - Cizakas - Grabner
Haley - Reasoner - PAP
How about:

Martin / JT / Nino
Moulson / Frans / Bailey
Grabner / Cizikas / Pap
Okposo / Reasoner / Rhakshani

Okposo and Rhakshani had a terrific chemistry on the US Junior team at the WJHC; it would be interesting to see if they can rekindle that.

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:07 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Didn't watch the game, been tuning out of anything NYI. That said, KO's goal was vintage KO before his injury; on one knee, one-timer.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:59 PM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
How about:

Martin / JT / Nino
Moulson / Frans / Bailey
Grabner / Cizikas / Pap
Okposo / Reasoner / Rhakshani

Okposo and Rhakshani had a terrific chemistry on the US Junior team at the WJHC; it would be interesting to see if they can rekindle that.
yeah, the 4th line is not what stuck out to me. except maybe that it is apparently now in our first line

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote