HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"..buzz in the United Center press box indicated the Leafs coach could be fired

Old
03-02-2012, 10:39 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

vCash: 500
I am in agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
Then it's on Burke.

He's the one who's invested so much in Phaneuf. He's the one who decided to roll with Reimer and Gustavsson. He's the one who brought in Connolly and Lombardi to address the lack of depth at centre.

This has always been a "retool," not a "rebuild" under Burke, and missing the playoffs year after year was absolutely not what he intended. So if it ain't Wilson, it's Burke.
So my question to you is should he be allowed to make decisions on UFA's, the entry draft, and July 1st? They are too important to let a incompetent GM try and manage. Do we clean house on the coaches, and management?

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:41 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Sorry I guess there is more than one question.

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:58 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Thanks for the compliment I know I have such great insights, makes you think I'm an insider or something.

But it is Burke' ego, he drank the kool-aid thinking because he led the ducks to the cup with his accelerated retool, he could replicate that success here. He was probably lucky in Anaheim, though in Toronto a few important things did not turn out how he hoped. And he lacked a sufficient backup plan likely because from his duck experience he didn't think failure was really possible.
It's more like reading what you write makes me think that English is your second language.

You are still writing stuff that you have no way of knowing which is common around here but why do you you do that? I'm curious.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:17 AM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
It's more like reading what you write makes me think that English is your second language.

You are still writing stuff that you have no way of knowing which is common around here but why do you you do that? I'm curious.
Shows what you know - English is my first language.
As for the reason - probably the same as you do though I'm better at this.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Calacatz
Pak-trick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Thanks for the compliment I know I have such great insights, makes you think I'm an insider or something.

But it is Burke' ego, he drank the kool-aid thinking because he led the ducks to the cup with his accelerated retool, he could replicate that success here. He was probably lucky in Anaheim, though in Toronto a few important things did not turn out how he hoped. And he lacked a sufficient backup plan likely because from his duck experience he didn't think failure was really possible.
Burke likes to build from net out out so he said and when he was with the ducks he had a conn smyth goalie in giggy that was already there for him.

Pronger and S.N. on D anda great supporting cast that was all half there for him.

In Toronto, he has failed HUGE! our strenth in forwards if anything of the 3 categories. Goalies are average, D is a mess and the coaching he has here is horrible.

Look at the Monster for example, came here with his raw talent and skill we all seen from sweden and stopped everything in site until his 1st heart issue & when trying to recover and getting direction from allaire he was ruined.

Burke's ego has in deed ruined this team as he doesnt admit his mistakes he tries to prove everyone wrong and we just keep falling because of it. Right after that west coast swing a huge move should have been made & even if that was enough to get us playing .500 hockey since we are in playoffs.

Calacatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Calacatz
Pak-trick!

BURKE IS A FAT PIG PERIOD! #firewilson

Calacatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:39 PM
achtungbaby

Looks like some people in this thread owe Berger an apology.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Winreims

Looks like Berger was right...

Winreims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience