HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Norris Trophy - Pie

Old
03-01-2012, 05:42 PM
stlweir

vCash: 500
Norris Trophy - Pie

TSN list Karlsson as the front runner- geat offensive season, doesn't play on the PK. 4-5 months younger than Pie.

Nick Lidstrom - he'll be 42 in a few months. How does he do it? Retire already(I wish)

Shea Weber - Stud, 27 yrs old.

Chara - 35ish, monstor

Don't you think Pie is just a step under these guys? He just turned 22 in January, Plays in all situations. As the Blues do some damage in the playoffs he should get more recognition. Who knows, he may be a future Norris winner.

Shattenkirk is no slouch either.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:49 PM
SoulChaser17

Step under? No. I think he's better than all of them. And if he isn't now, he will be.

SoulChaser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Petrangelo is just as good as Karlsson, he just doesn't play on a Canadian team nor put up the points Karlsson does. Neither of them deserve the Norris over Weber.

Thallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Iron Fist
Walnuts

Karlsson is amazing offensively and average defensively. The Norris is given to the defense player who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position. It is not given to the defense player who records the most points. I think Pie has played the blue line better than Karlsson.

Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Alklha

vCash: 50
It will be a joke if Weber doesn't win it this season.

Lidström is still very good, but he is no longer the best. Karlsson is good defensively, and his offensive abilities are obviously outstanding. However, I'll take the elite defenseman with 0.67PPG over the good defenseman that is PPG. That said, I don't think the criticism about Karlsson not playing any time on the PK is valid.

Next season is when I expect Pietrangelo to start getting talked about seriously. Weber will undoubtedly be there again, the only question is whether or not Karlsson will be able to keep up his offensive numbers to be in the mix again.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Blues0307

He's the top defenseman on one of the best teams in the NHL, playing in the toughest division in the toughest conference. The kid deserves consideration. Doesn't mean he should win, but he's right there with all those guys. If he continues to improve each year, he should be a Norris winner no doubt.

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:16 AM
jimmykay

eventually? sure. But this year? nope.

jimmykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:17 AM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
I don't think Weber deserves the Norris over Suter. And if Green didn't win the Norris with over 30 goals in 2009, I don't see Karlsson winning it this season.

It'll probably go to Lidstrom again.

Pietrangelo doesn't have near enough recognition to win it. He'd have to have an amazing playoff run just to have talk for next season.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:50 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Fans may not have caught on quite as widely but the hockey cognoscenti know exactly how impressive he is. By this I mean broadcasters, writers, team personnel. In chat the other day I asked JR if he had noticed growing buzz among out of town folks and he said they "LOVE" Pietrangelo.

I think Weber should win it this year.

I mainly came over to the thread because I'm noticing a trait the kid seems to have which is emerging in games like last night. Here he is, barely leaving the ice by the end, obviously gassed, not his most perfect night of execution, and understanding inside himself that he must get the puck and take it to the net and score. Did anybody else get that sense? He was a hair's breadth from making a play or two, obviously influenced by being so tired. I just thought it showed his exceptional competitiveness. He badly, badly, badly wanted to tie that game.

What it says to me is that while he's got all that skill and high IQ for the game, just as elite is his competitive will. The Blues lost last night but Pietrangelo showed me something impressive. We are never going to lose because that guy didn't do everything in his skillset and willpower to win.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:15 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
He was the catalyst for the comeback at home vs the Oilers earlier this season, too. It was like he just got pissed and started playing at a higher level. I want more of that!

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Blues0307

Great point about his compete-level, one I hadn't thought of.

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote