HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just musing about some possible minor moves...

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Nemchinov13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419
Please explain to me exactly how it is we are rebuilding? Please dont tell me you fell for all that "talk" of rebuilding from this organization. They all talked a good game to try and convince a jaded fanbase that they were different. We are not rebuilding. Not one of our top 6 forwards is under 30. (Prucha has been moved down to the 3rd line by Renney..God knows why.) We have Neimenen playing over Hollweg. We have Malik, Rosival, Kasperities, Strudwick, and Poti all playing. Only Tjutin can be classified as a young Rookie.

All this while we have dawes, immonen, pock, and even Rullier, who dserve a shot on the big club right now. Not to mention the crime that is the treatment of Ryan Hollweg.
If we are not rebuilding, then we are more screwed than before. But we are rebuilding and we do have 2 forwards who are under 30 - Sykora and Prucha. Yes, he's dropped to the third line. So what? His skills are undeniable and the coaching staff have their own reasons to do that - a more balance scoring, perhaps. After all, Rucchin is not really a top 2 C even though he plays between Rucinsky and Sykora. True, Hollweg deserves and indeed, team needs him in every game. But that decision is not up to us, it's up to the coaches. Fact still remains that he gets regular playing time and he gets enough of it as a 4th liner (which he is). As far as rookies are concerned, for the first time since... 92? 91? we have 5 rookies: Prucha (23 y.o.), Moore (25 y.o.), Lundqvist (23 y.o), Hollweg (22 y.o.), Tyutin (21 y.o.). We have quite a few young players: Orts, Betts, Ward. It's a whole of a lot better situation than what we had before. A whole lot. If you don't call it rebuidling (relatively speaking - in NYR terms), than I don't what would you call rebuilding - a team like Pit which went the NYR way and signed all these FAs and now sucks as much as last year? Anyway, I was going to live with us being dead last, as SI and others have predicted and then cherishing our lottery pick. But this season's success is completely unexpected. Still, this is suppose to be our first rebuilding year.

Old
02-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13
If we are not rebuilding, then we are more screwed than before. But we are rebuilding and we do have 2 forwards who are under 30 - Sykora and Prucha. Yes, he's dropped to the third line. So what? His skills are undeniable and the coaching staff have their own reasons to do that - a more balance scoring, perhaps. After all, Rucchin is not really a top 2 C even though he plays between Rucinsky and Sykora. True, Hollweg deserves and indeed, team needs him in every game. But that decision is not up to us, it's up to the coaches. Fact still remains that he gets regular playing time and he gets enough of it as a 4th liner (which he is). As far as rookies are concerned, for the first time since... 92? 91? we have 5 rookies: Prucha (23 y.o.), Moore (25 y.o.), Lundqvist (23 y.o), Hollweg (22 y.o.), Tyutin (21 y.o.). We have quite a few young players: Orts, Betts, Ward. It's a whole of a lot better situation than what we had before. A whole lot. If you don't call it rebuidling (relatively speaking - in NYR terms), than I don't what would you call rebuilding - a team like Pit which went the NYR way and signed all these FAs and now sucks as much as last year? Anyway, I was going to live with us being dead last, as SI and others have predicted and then cherishing our lottery pick. But this season's success is completely unexpected. Still, this is suppose to be our first rebuilding year.
Its not a rebuild. Its a salary cap era team descision. Just because we have some youg players in the lineup, only a few of them get over 10 minutes a game. Tjutin and Prucha. Thats it. And Prucha has, for some stupid reason, had his ice time reudced after the Sykora trade. If it was a TRUE rebuild, then you wouldve seen Prucha ice time INCREASE and guys like Rucinsky or Neimo time reduced. But, its hasnt. Same old Rangers. If your a VET, you get special treatment. Nothing has changed. Our top 6 forwards as far as ice time goes are...Jagr,Straka,Rucinsky,Sykora,Ruccin,Nylander. What rebuild? On defense, its Malik, Kasper, Poti, and Rosival, although Tjutin has logged major minutes lately. WE ARE NOT IN A REBUILD. It was just a Ploy, IMO, buy the Ranger management to help heal a Jaded fanbase.

Are the Flyers rebuilding? Are the Senetors Rebuilding? No. But they are about the same age in terms of team as WE ARE. But, some of their younger players acutally lead those teams in ICE TIME.

Old
02-01-2006, 10:17 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419
Its not a rebuild. Its a salary cap era team descision. Just because we have some youg players in the lineup, only a few of them get over 10 minutes a game. Tjutin and Prucha. Thats it. And Prucha has, for some stupid reason, had his ice time reudced after the Sykora trade. If it was a TRUE rebuild, then you wouldve seen Prucha ice time INCREASE and guys like Rucinsky or Neimo time reduced. But, its hasnt. Same old Rangers. If your a VET, you get special treatment. Nothing has changed. Our top 6 forwards as far as ice time goes are...Jagr,Straka,Rucinsky,Sykora,Ruccin,Nylander. What rebuild? On defense, its Malik, Kasper, Poti, and Rosival, although Tjutin has logged major minutes lately. WE ARE NOT IN A REBUILD. It was just a Ploy, IMO, buy the Ranger management to help heal a Jaded fanbase.

Are the Flyers rebuilding? Are the Senetors Rebuilding? No. But they are about the same age in terms of team as WE ARE. But, some of their younger players acutally lead those teams in ICE TIME.
Absolutley. Very nice post, especially the last paragraph.

Old
02-01-2006, 10:33 PM
GraveyTrain09

i feel that the only reason our top six forwards are vets is because we surprisingly began to win at the beginning. If we were dead last, like we were suppose to be, then i would imagin that we would see dawes and immonen every once in a while.

Would you rather have had the coaching staff throw away any chance of a playoff berth at the beginning of the year, just to throw in dawes or immonen? The only reason the vets are getting ice time is because a team needs vets to lead teh young kids.

Old
02-01-2006, 10:41 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveyTrain09
i feel that the only reason our top six forwards are vets is because we surprisingly began to win at the beginning. If we were dead last, like we were suppose to be, then i would imagin that we would see dawes and immonen every once in a while.

Would you rather have had the coaching staff throw away any chance of a playoff berth at the beginning of the year, just to throw in dawes or immonen? The only reason the vets are getting ice time is because a team needs vets to lead teh young kids.
Their not even getting a shot on the 3rd and 4th lines (Ward, Nieminen, Betts when he was here, Ortmeyer is now 27ish)

Old
02-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Weller is yes...he was just named captain, there's only one way to find out if he's ready. He plays a more physical game than the others, that's why I'd choose him over them.
Players in the AHL don't get named captain because they are about to make the jump to the NHL. The very fact that Weller was named is a very strong indication that the organization considers him a career minor leaguer. The chances of him making the NHL were slim to begin with and now are just about non-existant. He might get a cup of coffee in the NHL, but he will never be a regular.

Old
02-02-2006, 03:04 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Players in the AHL don't get named captain because they are about to make the jump to the NHL. The very fact that Weller was named is a very strong indication that the organization considers him a career minor leaguer. The chances of him making the NHL were slim to begin with and now are just about non-existant. He might get a cup of coffee in the NHL, but he will never be a regular.

I think he could have been a better option than Purinton years ago. That is just what I think. At least he dont take dumb penalties and a better leader.

Closed Thread