HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do NYR need extra FWs / call ups

Old
03-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Dorado*

vCash: 500
Do NYR need extra FWs / call ups

With a very compressed schedule down the stretch does any one beside me feel we kinda blew it not picking up any depth players beyond John Scott at the deadline . Who is the next call up in case of injury ? Couldn't we use to give some players a rest down the stretch ? Feds def comes to mind as he's been banged up and looking old , slow and brutal lately .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:28 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

That's the one negative I had about the lack of deadline activity. It's fine not to break up the team but they really could use a few extra bodies. Other than Zuc, they have no one else in the AHL at the moment who could play anything other than 4th line minutes (Deveuax, Newburry). Bourque's had a tough year, JAM doesn't have an NHL contract, and Wellman?

Brad Boyes? Even Brian Rolston; I know he can't skate anymore but just to have a warm body who could shoot would have been so useful. If they knew it was Nash or bust, they should've claimed Rolston. Even Pahlson for a few fourths.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:47 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Bickel and Scott can both play up front in a pinch.

With Woywitka, Eminger, and Erixon as viable defense depth even if Bickel and Scott play up front.

Essentially we have 15 capable forwards (including Bickel and Scott, and Newbury as an emergency call up, and if things get desperate Avery and Zuccarello, which would make 17).

And 10 capable defensemen (including Erixon as an emergency call up).

Our depth is fine.

Anisimov. Stepan. Gaborik
Hagelin. Richards. Callahan
Dubinsky. Boyle. Prust
Rupp. Mitchell. Fedotenko
Bickel. Scott. (Newbury, Avery, Zuccarello)

McDonagh. Girardi
Del Zotto. Stralman
Staal. Bickel
Woywitka. Eminger. Scott. (Erixon)

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Dorado*

While Bickel and Scott can and have been Playing FW , I'm talking about an NHL caliber player capable of doing more than dropping the mitts or cycling . Just surprised NYR didn't pick up a FW that could play top 9 with a modicum of skill .

Old
03-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Dorado*

While Bickel and Scott can and have been Playing FW , I'm talking about an NHL caliber player capable of doing more than dropping the mitts or cycling . Just surprised NYR didn't pick up a FW that could play top 9 with a modicum of skill .

Old
03-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

he's coming...don't worry.

:-P

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 02:43 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

This! Sather has openly admitted we will be signing Krieder as soon as his school year is over. Although we don't know how he will adjust in the pros I believe he could/should be considered when we discuss our depth

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 02:53 AM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:

if i close my eyes i can see CK climbing out of a pool in slow motion.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

We we have two 4th lines out there all the time, so it would be nice to call up some more skill. Like Zuccerello

Could you imagine how Zucc would thrive would all the wasted ice time Torts gives Mitchell? Esp PP time.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Vitto79

No worries on D really. Bickel seems to have earned a spot. Eminger is a good back up. I dont love Woywitka but he has experience. Scott can also play back there. If anyone important went down for a long period then I would call up Erixon. Thinking DZ is day to day and its nothing major but he rests till he's 100%. Sauer is the wild card but a long shot to come back

As for up front Scott can do fine on the 4th line. If anyone else goes down then Zuccarello needs to get a shot. He's the best option. If Torts can call up Avery like he did this yr then he can call up Zuke..............Wellman has NHL experience and Newbury/Deveaux as wel.

If anyone of those guys play at the end of the yr because of nagging injuries so be it

10 pt lead in the East.........crazy nice cushion

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:

This makes me feel warm and fuzzy

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:04 AM
drewcon40

This is a very good thread Dorado. Del Zotto is obviously banged up and Girardi looks like he could use a rest as well. He looked like he isn't 100%. I believe Tortorella alluded as such in his presser. This is likely commonplace for this time of year but I am slightly concerned with the health of this team going forward.

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Gatorade*

The compressed schedule leading into the playoffs and all the shot blocking could become an issue health wise.

Gatorade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:53 AM
TheRedressor

Andre, Avery, Zuc and Krieder when he's signed will be plenty of F depth. Diverse group depending on who goes down to injury

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:54 AM
pld459666

BC is 1st in the nation, it's probably more likely that Kreider is NOT available until after April 7th

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:14 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Andre, Avery, Zuc and Krieder when he's signed will be plenty of F depth. Diverse group depending on who goes down to injury
I'm not sure why Avery is mentioned in these scenarios; he's definitely gone, NFW he is on the NYR

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:41 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I hope that was the last we see of Woywitka. I like the guy but I'd rather play Emminger on his off side for 12 minutes a night with the chance of taking a penalty than Woywitka for 8 minutes a night.

Forwards are MZA, Wellman, Deveaux, Thurreson, Newburry.

I'm not counting JAM and Avery due to obvious reasons.

Any Kolarik news? Is he close? I'd rather he play 3rd line minutes than overplay everyone else and only give 5 minutes a night to the pugilists.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Dorado*

Really surprised Anthony Stewart wasn't claimed . He had Slats reclamation project written all over him . He also pulled a Teen Wolf against us last season and had a monster " no pun intended " game .
I understand he is another non self motivated enigma and hind sight is 20/20 . For every commendation Slats gets for not gutting the team , having all his eggs in the proverbial Nash basket potentilly leaves the team wanting in case of injury .
I guess it's Newbury-3 , Andre " clothes line " Deveaux , to the rescue if we god forbid lose another top 6 player.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Gatorade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
I thought Avery was sent home a couple of months ago?

Old
03-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Honestly, even if you're a Wolski hater, it would seem like a luxury at this point to have him as an option.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Vin2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
This is a very good thread Dorado.
Agreed.
I've been thinking about this ever since Sather unloaded WW and EC and Torts banished MZA and Avery to oblivion and then followed that up by doing absolutely nothing to address our lack of depth at forward. Callahan's injury just shows what a fine line we're walking with regard to finding goals on this roster. Maybe Dubi finally steps up like he did last night but I'm scared this lack of forward depth is gonna bite us in the ass hard in the playoffs. I'd love to see Kreider this spring but it's still a bit of a gamble that he's going to produce right out of the gate.

Vin2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:28 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
With a very compressed schedule down the stretch does any one beside me feel we kinda blew it not picking up any depth players beyond John Scott at the deadline . Who is the next call up in case of injury ? Couldn't we use to give some players a rest down the stretch ? Feds def comes to mind as he's been banged up and looking old , slow and brutal lately .
We definitely didn't blow it by not overpaying for ANYONE.

That said, however there could have been more addition by subtraction. Buh-bye to Wolski not enough. If SJ etc was going to give bupkus for Avery but get him off our roster, we should have done it.

I now have GAGLine correctly reminding me we have 49 contracts out of 50, the last on wait + see for Kreider this year --- so no reason not to move Avery.

Should have moved Zuc. Defense aside, MZA does not have enough foot speed to create separation to be offensive threat. Somebody takes him 4th line checking and for shootout, we're better off with the space.

Depth is useful, of course, and we needn't spread the D corp too thin; but could we have dealt any 2 or 3 out of
Woywitka
Eminger
Stralman
plus some throw-in, and upgraded 1 D or 1 F position?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Vin2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Honestly, even if you're a Wolski hater, it would seem like a luxury at this point to have him as an option.
Ditto.

Vin2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:33 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
We we have two 4th lines out there all the time, so it would be nice to call up some more skill. Like Zuccerello

Could you imagine how Zucc would thrive would all the wasted ice time Torts gives Mitchell? Esp PP time.
Agree, Dorado, this is a good thread.

Disagree, Badgerfan, Mitchell way WAY more productive than MZA.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Gatorade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
For sure. Two of the Rangers potential forwards are D men.