HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

A top 10 pick to the Flyers

Old
03-02-2012, 08:58 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Talks start with Couturier. Add if Habs pick top 5. Voracek not wanted for our 1st.
Couturier isn't going anywhere.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:59 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Talks start with Couturier. Add if Habs pick top 5. Voracek not wanted for our 1st.
If our talk is starting with couturier, then it is also ending with couturier, followed closely by the sound of the phone hanging up.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 04:07 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Draft picks are so overrated on these boards it's hillarious.

We'll give up a 50 point winger that does everything right, plus our first rounder, which is possibly 10 spots lower, for a random chance at getting a superstar, a good chance at getting another voracek, or a small chance of getting a complete bust.

Get real people. The flyers are never going to offer up Couturier, Schenn, Voracek or JVR for anything like a draft pick. All four are playing in the NHL and contributing. Oh, look how Cam Barker has turned out.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:16 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Draft picks are so overrated on these boards it's hillarious.

We'll give up a 50 point winger that does everything right, plus our first rounder, which is possibly 10 spots lower, for a random chance at getting a superstar, a good chance at getting another voracek, or a small chance of getting a complete bust.

Get real people. The flyers are never going to offer up Couturier, Schenn, Voracek or JVR for anything like a draft pick. All four are playing in the NHL and contributing. Oh, look how Cam Barker has turned out.

That is a perfectly reasonable response. However I will just say that a flyer fan asked what it would take and for The Habs, its looking like a lottery pick. If they end up in the top 2 there is zero chance they trade it away, but top 4-5 and the 2 Centers they wanted might be gone.

habs need a top end center prospect, Flyers need a top end d-man prospect. Kinda makes sense to me.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Exit Dose

There should still be some very good defensemen available in the mid-first. Trading up into that range isn't going to bleed you dry, like going into the top ten would. Maybe you'll luck out and Reinhardt will fall into reach.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:17 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
That is a perfectly reasonable response. However I will just say that a flyer fan asked what it would take and for The Habs, its looking like a lottery pick. If they end up in the top 2 there is zero chance they trade it away, but top 4-5 and the 2 Centers they wanted might be gone.

habs need a top end center prospect, Flyers need a top end d-man prospect. Kinda makes sense to me.
The Flyers could use a top d-man prospect, but the more pressing concern is to get a top pairing defenseman that can contribute immediately.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 02:20 PM
LordClaudeAlmighty28
I believe in G-sus

The Flyers would only have to move up about 5 spots, depending on where they end up if they even have to move up at all, to get someone like Slater Koekkoek or Olli Maatta. You won't hear a complaint out of me if they get either of those guys.

LordClaudeAlmighty28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:24 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnonymousPoster View Post
The Flyers would only have to move up about 5 spots, depending on where they end up if they even have to move up at all, to get someone like Slater Koekkoek or Olli Maatta. You won't hear a complaint out of me if they get either of those guys.
Do you see top pairing potential in either koekkoek or maatta? I do not. Maatta may have the potential but I have doubts about his ability to reach that potential. He may be the most raw of the defensive prospects in the draft IMO.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:57 PM
LordClaudeAlmighty28
I believe in G-sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Do you see top pairing potential in either koekkoek or maatta? I do not. Maatta may have the potential but I have doubts about his ability to reach that potential. He may be the most raw of the defensive prospects in the draft IMO.
Top pairing, sure, in the sense that someone like Karl Alzner is a first pairing defenseman. Certainly not a franchise building block like a Pronger, but I'd rather trade a little piece to move up slightly to get someone like Alzner than trade the farm for the chance at a franchise defenseman, because I don't see any franchise defensemen in this draft.

And just so people don't misunderstand, I love Alzner and this is not meant to diminish his talent in any way.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Gibbs18

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
The value of your proposal isn't too bad, but the bottom line is teams in the top 10 would only take Couturier or Schenn or add to their top 10 for Giroux.

For fun...Montreal offers 1st round pick (2nd overall) + Beaulieu for Giroux.

Quit being so greedy Philly fans, you guys are stacked enough with young talent.
You might have to give us your whole team if you want Giroux...and TBH i probably wouldnt do that either

Gibbs18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:52 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I know Reinhart would be damn awesome, but if we could give up something a little less of a risk, such as Carle's rights + 1st for a mid 1st, and try to get us either Ceci or Maatta or Koekkoek, it might be a bit safer.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:46 AM
JVR-Kadri-Kessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Often injured player? One year of injuries and that player if often injured. By that logic, Jeffrey Lupul is made of glass with his injury history and has next to no value..... I agree that in a normal draft year, JVR might not be worth a top ten pick, and absolutely not top 5, but this year is looking devoid of top end talent, specifically offensive. After Yakupov, Forsberg, Galchenyuk, and Grigorenko, there is a serious drop off in offensive talent after that, especially if Toronto is looking for a prospect with size.
Yeah i heard that Jeffrey guy is made of glass, but i am not sure if you have heard of his brother Joffrey Lupul, Joffrey is tearing up the NHL. So how about we trade Jeffrey Lupul for JVR Because both are made of glass. lol

Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 09:23 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJIMODIERE19 View Post
Yeah i heard that Jeffrey guy is made of glass, but i am not sure if you have heard of his brother Joffrey Lupul, Joffrey is tearing up the NHL. So how about we trade Jeffrey Lupul for JVR Because both are made of glass. lol
I think he is confusing Jeffrey Lupul, his brother, to Joffrey Lupol, his second cousin. But not really sure.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Sundinisagod
just give'r

My guess is that it would cost one of Schenn, Coutourier, or JVR to get a top 10 pick in this draft...teams aren't biting on the quantity packages these days.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:00 AM
JVR-Kadri-Kessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
I think he is confusing Jeffrey Lupul, his brother, to Joffrey Lupol, his second cousin. But not really sure.
lol common mistake, I last heard that Jeffrey was playing over in African Hockey league tearing up that league with like 10 points. But he is also playing on a team that is last place in that league, so that's pretty good. The African League is pretty good competition, better than most people think. He plays on a line with the convince store clerk and the goat sellers son, so i think Jeffrey is doing pretty good for himself

Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:23 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Top pairing, sure, in the sense that someone like Karl Alzner is a first pairing defenseman. Certainly not a franchise building block like a Pronger, but I'd rather trade a little piece to move up slightly to get someone like Alzner than trade the farm for the chance at a franchise defenseman, because I don't see any franchise defensemen in this draft.

And just so people don't misunderstand, I love Alzner and this is not meant to diminish his talent in any way.
I don't know that I see franchise defensemen in this draft either. But I do think Reinhart could be a very good too pairing #2 type guy. I see maattas potential at about a #4 type defenseman. I don't think he'll be on alzners level

Old
03-05-2012, 08:50 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Actually, if Bryz really does come in clutch for the rest of the year, would Bob + Flyers 1st at least get us into the top 15? Possible top 10? I'd say top 15 is way more probable.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:52 PM
LordClaudeAlmighty28
I believe in G-sus

I've been saying use Bob to trade up for months now.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:55 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
I've been saying use Bob to trade up for months now.
I'm saying if Bryz is really the real deal for the rest of the season I'd do it.

Old
03-05-2012, 11:19 PM
phlocky

While the OP's proposal is more than fair (in 3 years the value the flyers give will be more than they'd likely be getting) a trade like this will never happen. The flyers simply won't give up that much for a question mark and the team with the pick won't trade it for that package because they will be hoping to hit a homerun with the pick. Voracek would have to be replaced with a much more established player like jeff carter last year.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote