HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Five Reasons to be Stoked for Next Season

Old
03-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You're talking like we don't have anything to complain about... we do. Management has been largely incompetent for years.
Again like I said it's just a game..I do understand fully where you're coming from I truly do..we also have some players (Floaters) that make more money than brain surgeons,teachers and single moms....well accept for the ones that swing on poles in which I fully support
nevertheless there is nothing us message board hoarders can do about it really so why bother getting yourself down over a little bit of hockey. I'd love nothing more than to see the Habs succeed. I think everyone knows the tradition and what it means to wear the CH and eventually management will get it...hang tight bud life is good

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:55 PM
sharks9

1. High draft pick
2. Two and a half men line
3. Prospects getting closer to the NHL
4. One of the best goalies in the league
5. Markov/Gionta returning from injuries!

I'm truly excited for next year!

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Bullsmith

I'm really looking forward to seeing Hamilton next year. As for Montreal, it all starts with the GM. If I can put my faith in them, then I can live through the long-term rewards of another terrible season, or I can root for the team to get in the playoffs if they're competitive, but honestly right now the only thing to look forward to is competent, aggressive, visionary management. Without that, it's hard to look at our current roster and see how to get all that excited about next year.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Gustave

Reading through this thread, I see some of you are absolutely stressed out because of our team. I came in here to get a dose of optimism and all I got was debbie downers. Visions of doom.

Here, enjoy the first of day of the rest of your lives.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
I only have one reason to be stoked for next year. Nathan MacKinnon, we're most likely drafting him.
I don't know whether we'll suck enough next year for MacKinnon...

Maybe one bad season is enough to rebound in 3-4 years' time.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Zeroknowledge*

I'm looking forward to Gomez living in the beautiful city of Hamilton.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
I'm looking forward to Gomez living in the beautiful city of Hamilton.
Hamilton, the home of the Martian probes' testing ground...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV View Post
1. The Habs are getting bigger and tougher and this trend will continue.

2. The team is always about 20% better with Markov in the lineup, not to mention that Gionta will be back.

3. Subban will put the sophmore slump behind him.

4. Emelin, Eller and Weber (IMO) are coming into their own.

5. The Ghost or his successor will have cap room and a top 5 pick in this years draft.

Exactly a year ago people in Ottawa were ready to throw Bryan Murray into the abyss, and now he's a genius. Kuba and Gonchar were millstones and Spezza should have been traded. Exactly a year ago Yzerman and Boucher were geniuses, and now they have to rebuid. People lose sight of how narrow the gap is between the top and the bottom of the conference. We're not that far away and have lots of good pieces in place. Can't wait for next year.
No more markov and gionta is a smuff, getting older and maybe injury prone. time to move on without that baggage.
Webber needs to go.
Pk will come into his own, not sure what that will be yet, hopefully a few more goals
and along with his defensive play and less time in the box.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:44 PM
onemorecup*

QUOTE=CGG;45378939]Huh?

I know what you mean, DD is plus-9 and only has 33 even strength points. Tied for # 54 in the league in that category with stiffs like Erik Staal and David Krejci, who I guess also could never be expected to be the # 1 centre on a Stanley Cup winning team because they can't do **** 5 on 5.

Oh wait, they both won the cup? Crap, there goes that argument.[/QUOTE]

keep waiting for Markov and DD to lead the parade next June

what a fken joke this is , dd , Cole , and Max are our best line and we are fighting for a top 5 pick and we are praising them

bro fk the points , the above have cups and have won when it mattered
are you going to compare the **** we have with Boston

on what legit contender is the midget going to play on the # 1 line or get top line pp time ?

name one ? other than bottom feeders where is he going to play top 6 minutes ?

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
5 reasons not to be stoked next year

1. New french coach, picked on politics not ability.
2. New french GM, picked on politics not ability.
3. Molson will still be the owner.
4. Gomez.
5. Kaberle.
You sir are correct. Until we put winning first above all else, we'll only win the Cup out of pure luck, if at all.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
We have a lot a problems, a lot more then 5 that's for sure. Far from being "stoked" regarding next year

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This is a pretty funny thread... Good topic.

Even though I can acknowledge that there is a lot to be positive about in this thread, I am at least two years away from being optimistic. We are a low to midling team right now, with too many teams looking better in the short to mid term. Even in our on division Boston and Ott are looking good.

When posters judge PG they should consider his track record against rivals as a proxy for our team status. Being out-traded by Buf at the deadline has us sinking at the moment too. I think we have a lot of ground to make up.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:26 PM
onice

Man, the title of this thread keeps throwing me off. I keep seeing an "r" in stoked.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:27 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

To be honest I'm more interested in the Dogs next season than the Habs. Similar to my interest level in 09-10 when Subban joined the Dogs. Massive infusion of talent there next season; Ellis, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Bournival, Gallagher, Holland, Kristo.

I can't wait.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
To be honest I'm more interested in the Dogs next season than the Habs. Similar to my interest level in 09-10 when Subban joined the Dogs. Massive infusion of talent there next season; Ellis, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Bournival, Gallagher, Holland, Kristo.

I can't wait.
Hopefully we bring in a competent GM and someone who can take care of these kids and make them develop

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan2992 View Post
Again like I said it's just a game..I do understand fully where you're coming from I truly do..we also have some players (Floaters) that make more money than brain surgeons,teachers and single moms....well accept for the ones that swing on poles in which I fully support
nevertheless there is nothing us message board hoarders can do about it really so why bother getting yourself down over a little bit of hockey. I'd love nothing more than to see the Habs succeed. I think everyone knows the tradition and what it means to wear the CH and eventually management will get it...hang tight bud life is good
I'm not slitting my wrists anytime soon. But to post that if the club went 82 people would still complain? Dude... that's silliness. And it puts blame where it doesn't belong.

Don't blame the fans for wanting a competitive team.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:46 PM
sharks9

Quote:

what a fken joke this is , dd , Cole , and Max are our best line and we are fighting for a top 5 pick and we are praising them

on what legit contender is the midget going to play on the # 1 line or get top line pp time ?

name one ? other than bottom feeders where is he going to play top 6 minutes ?
No ones saying we're winning the Cup, we're just saying that we'll have a competitive team.

I don't see the problem with this, they're a ****ing amazing line!

Points matter more than cups when talking about players. Or would you rather have Moen over Iginla? Krejci over one of the Sedins?

He's top 15 in points for centers and NO TEAM IN THE LEAGUE has 2 centers with more points than him. He could DEFINITELY be a #2 center on a contending team and who knows how he'll do next year? Maybe he'll be even better!

Looking forward to seeing him help us back into the playoffs next year!

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:06 PM
76ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
QUOTE=CGG;45378939]Huh?

I know what you mean, DD is plus-9 and only has 33 even strength points. Tied for # 54 in the league in that category with stiffs like Erik Staal and David Krejci, who I guess also could never be expected to be the # 1 centre on a Stanley Cup winning team because they can't do **** 5 on 5.

Oh wait, they both won the cup? Crap, there goes that argument.

name one ? other than bottom feeders where is he going to play top 6 minutes ?[/QUOTE]

You do realize only one number one centre can win the cup on any given year right?

To everyone who is pessimistic about next year shake your head and start cheering for another team. Are you this negative in life too? Jeeze.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 03:46 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

2. The team is always about 20% better with Markov in the lineup, not to mention that Gionta will be back.

5. The Ghost or his successor will have cap room and a top 5 pick in this years draft.

Exactly a year ago people in Ottawa were ready to throw Bryan Murray into the abyss, and now he's a genius. Kuba and Gonchar were millstones and Spezza should have been traded. Exactly a year ago Yzerman and Boucher were geniuses, and now they have to rebuid. People lose sight of how narrow the gap is between the top and the bottom of the conference. We're not that far away and have lots of good pieces in place. Can't wait for next year.
i like your ottawa comparison but we don't have a spezza, or even an alfredsson, let alone a karlsson (unleash the subby!). so yeah, some people might step up, but the more i like at next year's roster, the more i get depressed and not see the habs make the playoffs.

in my honest and sincere opinion, it will all depend on how will the new coach fare. martin had them play boring hockey but above their heads, randy has them playing under, find somebody really good for this roster for once.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 04:10 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

Weber?? Yannick Weber?

Unless we draft Yakupov, what is very unlikely, the guy we are going to draft wont play with the Habs next year..

We have alot of holes in our roster for next year, we will see what they do on the UFAs market but Im not fixing my hopes too high.. I think we could suck for another year, then it will get better with the new wave of kids coming..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

title should read "Five Reasons to be Stoned for next Season".

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:07 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
title should read "Five Reasons to be Stoned for next Season".
Now would that be the Biblical stoning or the Jamaican brand?

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:24 AM
HeShootsHeScores

The best case scenario for next year is a 2007-2008 type of season. For that, we would need a charismatic talented vet (but younger and more consistent than kovalev), and a young emergin superstar that builds into a 70-80 pts consistent player (a kostitsyn better than kostitsyn).

So we start 2012 as underdogs, our young guns are pumped up by the Montreal hype in the province, we get big guys, and our vet, along with cole, lead this team to unexpected heights.

A so-so start of season, letting time for the new coach and GM to put an identity to the team. An incredible 60 games stretch would ensue, where the team is flying going into the playoffs. This time we get better and better every year.

Now let's hope our young guns will be well surrounded.

The worst case scenario is we become the leafs 2.0 and every year we think our team will be that much better, ending up being disappointed because of a ****** second half of season.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Now would that be the Biblical stoning or the Jamaican brand?

Anything that dulls the pain.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
5 reasons not to be stoked next year

1. New french coach, picked on politics not ability.
2. New french GM, picked on politics not ability.

3. Molson will still be the owner.
4. Gomez.
5. Kaberle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
You sir are correct. Until we put winning first above all else, we'll only win the Cup out of pure luck, if at all.
You'd have thought a terrible unilingual anglo coach who singlehandedly tanked our season would have quelled those type of posts but I guess not.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote