HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils vs Capitals. 7pm. Verizon Center. 3.2.2012

Old
03-02-2012, 11:58 PM
G3 LesPaul

vCash: 500
Has any team ever fired two coaches in one season?

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:06 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

So wait, homers, what happened on TDL is "okay" right? "Ride the winning against awful teams" wave? How's that working?

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:07 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
Has any team ever fired two coaches in one season?
Heh. Not understanding Hunter's system all that much..much too passive. I'm watching other teams in the league who are defensive oriented and they forecheck 2x more. Just seems like a band aid for this team/for this season.

03-03-2012, 12:09 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

It's only one game and they're still 8th seed fav IMHO....

But they still suck... Bad.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:14 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
NO ***** Troy....how about you do something about it?
What the hell is he supposed to do? Convert everyone to Canadian the way Romney converts people to Mormonism? If only it were that simple.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post

I would much much rather not make the playoffs than to go in as the 8th seed in what would be a very quick and disappointing playoffs...

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:17 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post

Really because I saw this like two weeks ago vs Carolina and Ottawa...

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:20 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Really because I saw this like two weeks ago vs Carolina and Ottawa...
The east blows

Old
03-03-2012, 12:31 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
I would much much rather not make the playoffs than to go in as the 8th seed in what would be a very quick and disappointing playoffs...
It doesn't matter.

Old
03-03-2012, 12:38 AM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

That sucked. That was bad playing, but that was mostly bad coaching: Oh, playing a team who pressures the puck carrier really heavily? Make sure you don't give them any support and keep trying those 80' passes. Especially the last guy back.

PuckBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:03 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

I have no idea whats wrong with this team.

Players not caring is stupid response.

This team used to be the team that always smelled blood in the water, didn't care if they were down 5-0, they didn't ****ing sit back and say oh well we lose lets give our ****ing fans in our arena a terrible showing, no they still went full throttle and would lose 5-3 6-3, didn't matter, they still went out and wanted to give the fans a few goals to cheer about, and say "a loss, so what, that was exciting!"

Quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing this team doesn't have the talent to run and gun with other teams. This team is the best built run and gun team in the NHL, they don't have the ****ing talent to sit back and get out chanced and tell the ****ing forwards to sit back and wait for a guarantee that the entry into the zone won't be a one and out play. ****ing compete, pressure the **** like every ****ing team in top 8.

I've never seen a team let players just come into their zone like the Capitals do and expect to even make the playoffs. The defense, literally needs to go back to basics and learn to ****ing skate, because its pathetic how much this teams defense man are falling. Outlet passes seem to the biggest difference between 2010 Caps and 2012 Caps, they do these stupid ass around the boards passes with no pressure and of course the other team comes and pressures the puck of the player who has to get the puck because you can't expect someone with no ****ing pressure to throw some stupid pass on the boards.

I think everyone has seen it, this team throws some crazy 7 foot high clear and the other teams dman jump and get it and our defense man are at the other freaking blue line fumbling with the puck for 20 seconds during a PP.

Seriously, I'm the optimist around here and I had this larger incomprehensible rant.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Atlas

Lib,

We really don't have the talent. Center position is AHL level without Backstrom. Goalie position is weak. Wings are adequate. D is close to good.

It's all adds up to trouble and another year of Vech burnt.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Atlas

The Center depth is AHL even *with* Backstrom.

Old
03-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
The Center depth is AHL even *with* Backstrom.
Backstrom - Johansson - Laich - Halpern is not bad center depth at all.

But its awful without Backstrom.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Backstrom - Johansson - Laich - Halpern is not bad center depth at all.

But its awful without Backstrom.

I respectfully and emphatically disagree. Mojo is a child. He's not close to ready for prime time. And Laich isn't really a center--is undersized and not very skilled. He's a 3rd line plugger who better teams have and always will exploit. Halpern has been fine at 4C. Nothing special, certainly. But if 2C and 3C were established he'd be ok at 4C.

Old
03-03-2012, 03:20 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Lib,

We really don't have the talent. Center position is AHL level without Backstrom. Goalie position is weak. Wings are adequate. D is close to good.

The Caps did fine being the the highest scoring team since the lockout with Laich as their 2nd center.

Laich wasn't a problem until this season really, hes turned into an annoyance because of how hes used. Seriously, you either need someone like Datsyuk or Toews that can win face offs and take the puck away or your Backes/Kesler type of shut down guy who can win face offs sorta but they molest the person with the puck, going full flight at the puck carrier, best way to shut down any top line is to make them enter the zone sloppy causing turn overs or off sides to frustrate them.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

i had considered the idea that i'd given the caps way too much credit when i said they could limit a limp devils team to 2 goals, or that they'd score so many as 1 whole goal themselves. but i thought, nahh...home ice, surely they can lose in a close game.

heh. good effort captain 10mil and co.

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:38 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
When Laich was our 2C during our high scoring years, who was our 2LW?

I forgot.

Its one loss. We are just a fragile team with inconsistent tending. That when the going gets tough, the tough look at the goalie, who looks at the coach, who looks at Ovi, and then they all look at George, who points to the injury report.

"It's all his fault!"

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:45 AM
fsnoles98

Huge issues when Hendricks and Aucoin are on the top 2 lines, not that I don't like them, but top 2 lines??
Green is short of pathetic defensively and always has been. Not sure how this team lacks the intensity of how Hunter played, without him not going ape-$h@t on the bench. to me he is very passive when mistakes are made by pro's, not his junior players.
This team does not deserve to back into the playoffs with its effort. Let Ted suffer as well with the cash loss, maybe he will open his eyes that DC is still not a hockey town.

fsnoles98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:45 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
There isnt anyone. Not that Ovechkin, Semin, Green will listen too. I purposely leave off Backstrom, as I think he is cut from a different cloth than the rest, but he's only one guy.

Knuble? Obv not, he's been there the entire time.

Laich? Ditto the above. Fat chance

Chimera? Wish it was, but thats not his role, never has been.

Brouwer? He commented tonight, will see what that does?

Erskine? He's not playing

Halpern? 4th line grinder, just got here, no Cups

Hamrlik? He's not playing, just got here

Vokoun? He's not playing, just got here, no Cups

The Caps real vets (Hamrlik, Vokoun, Halpern were brought into this mess, save Knuble, and have voiced wanting out or are ex Caps/Hometown boy who wont rock the boat.

Maybe its Dale?

You hit the nail on the head, and the issue McPhee simply WILL NOT address, and has never done so save Federov.

Veteran Cup winners that can show this team how to win when it matters, and who has their head on straight.

Fire George, use the talent we have to trade for some new dynamics, and get a new coach. This team needs a full frontal lobotomy, and a great big enema.

Then we might have something.
Listen to his interview tonight and there is your answer. He stresses getting off to a good start so much that when they fail it seems hard for them to recover. It's one of the reasons 44 is in the pressbox. Sitting 44 didn't remedy the problem with the same coach behind the bench.

This game is a carbon copy of Carolina. Take penalty, puck in back of net, opposing goalie makes big saves. Oh.......and give up shortie. Wideman on ice for ES and PP shortie goals. Escapes wrath of coach who says goalie would like to have a few back. Wideman plays next game and is on ice for more goals.

WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THE POWERPLAY?????????????????? Don't mean to yell but the Caps I think lead the league in one area of the PP - giving up shorties. I never see any accountability there, never. The same players making the same mistakes.

Geez use the timeout early in these games because the game ends by the second period anyway if you don't Hunter.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
Quote:
Lib,

We have the talent. This is pretty much the same '09-'10 team that scored what, almost 4 goals a game or something? It's just that BB got swept up in the whole "offense will never win the cup" phase when we lost to Montreal, so he tried to change the team to defense, which we aren't built for. Unfortunately i think it's much too late to change back. GMGM doesn't have the balls to trade pieces that don't fit to actually build a team that can play defense, nor will he go to a coach that will play run and gun.

Dr John Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
The Caps did fine being the the highest scoring team since the lockout with Laich as their 2nd center.
This is the most remarkable thing I've ever seen said on here. That is really saying something. I almost can't bring myself to correct you, but I guess I have to: Their second-line center that year was Tomas Fleischmann about half the time, and Brendan Morrison about half the time. Laich may have played a game or two there. He never got a long look because he was clearly horrible at it.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:58 AM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
I have no idea whats wrong with this team.

Players not caring is stupid response.

This team used to be the team that always smelled blood in the water, didn't care if they were down 5-0, they didn't ****ing sit back and say oh well we lose lets give our ****ing fans in our arena a terrible showing, no they still went full throttle and would lose 5-3 6-3, didn't matter, they still went out and wanted to give the fans a few goals to cheer about, and say "a loss, so what, that was exciting!"

Quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing this team doesn't have the talent to run and gun with other teams. This team is the best built run and gun team in the NHL, they don't have the ****ing talent to sit back and get out chanced and tell the ****ing forwards to sit back and wait for a guarantee that the entry into the zone won't be a one and out play. ****ing compete, pressure the **** like every ****ing team in top 8.

I've never seen a team let players just come into their zone like the Capitals do and expect to even make the playoffs. The defense, literally needs to go back to basics and learn to ****ing skate, because its pathetic how much this teams defense man are falling. Outlet passes seem to the biggest difference between 2010 Caps and 2012 Caps, they do these stupid ass around the boards passes with no pressure and of course the other team comes and pressures the puck of the player who has to get the puck because you can't expect someone with no ****ing pressure to throw some stupid pass on the boards.

I think everyone has seen it, this team throws some crazy 7 foot high clear and the other teams dman jump and get it and our defense man are at the other freaking blue line fumbling with the puck for 20 seconds during a PP.

Seriously, I'm the optimist around here and I had this larger incomprehensible rant.
I have a pretty good idea. We are an offensively built team for a high powered offensive system that is playing a conservative defensive system.

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

I had a feeling we gonna get smacked... but not like this... what a pathetic performance, this team needs winners, players with pride, proven track record, and most importantly cups.

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Roughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
I have a pretty good idea. We are an offensively built team for a high powered offensive system that is playing a conservative defensive system.
Yep. It's really not that hard. Add in lots of youth and he we are.

Roughing is offline   Reply With Quote