HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dubinsky to Caps

Old
03-03-2012, 07:33 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
Dubinsky to Caps

Yes, he's having a bad year. Yes, he's fought Alex Ovechkin in the past. But I still think Brandon Dubinsky would be an awesome pick up for the Caps in the summer. I think with that second center, Caps should go with more of a grit guy, and I like that type of guys, they make awesome leaders usually. Caps can't get ELITE gritty player (Callahan / Lucic / Mike Richards / Getzlaf are four first names popping up in my head), but Dubinsky is good enough to center the second line. And if there's a team that he will bounce back on, I think it's the Caps. Give guy a chance, he's not old, he has a great future. He's just in the wrong place right now. The question is, what would NY Rangers ask in return?

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:13 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Yes, he's having a bad year. Yes, he's fought Alex Ovechkin in the past. But I still think Brandon Dubinsky would be an awesome pick up for the Caps in the summer. I think with that second center, Caps should go with more of a grit guy, and I like that type of guys, they make awesome leaders usually. Caps can't get ELITE gritty player (Callahan / Lucic / Mike Richards / Getzlaf are four first names popping up in my head), but Dubinsky is good enough to center the second line. And if there's a team that he will bounce back on, I think it's the Caps. Give guy a chance, he's not old, he has a great future. He's just in the wrong place right now. The question is, what would NY Rangers ask in return?
NYR isnt giving up on hi neither are fans..But,i would say there pateince are running out.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:15 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
NYR isnt giving up on hi neither are fans..But,i would say there pateince are running out.
I think he is not to blame for that. Or not 100%.
He isn't used as he should be.

Old
03-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Bacchus

And he is a winger (and better suited as one).

Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:47 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
And he is a winger (and better suited as one).
I think he could share center duties on our 2nd line with Marcus Johansson, situationally changing places. Johansson is a smarter player, Dubi is better on the faceoffs, bigger and more defensively sound.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Only roster player that would interest me from the Caps is Johansson to fill that 3C slot.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:21 AM
bernmeister

Not looking to give him away and while we'd like more production for that salary, we don't see large number of assets immediately available to step in and replace.

However, with that as a given while showing an open mind respectful to your inquiry, what is your draft situation like. You gave away your first> Got 2 firsts?

I'm thinking not 1 for 1 but see what you have, then maybe dubi + X for pick(s) + Z
(maybe just pix, depending)

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:28 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Not looking to give him away and while we'd like more production for that salary, we don't see large number of assets immediately available to step in and replace.

However, with that as a given while showing an open mind respectful to your inquiry, what is your draft situation like. You gave away your first> Got 2 firsts?

I'm thinking not 1 for 1 but see what you have, then maybe dubi + X for pick(s) + Z
(maybe just pix, depending)
We have two firsts, I'd give one in a heartbeat. We also have an NHL-ready prospect Cody Eakin, who is speedy and versatile energy player.
And what about Mike Green? It'd take a huge + from your side, but I'd not mind parting with him. It's more of overhaul tactic though which is less realistic.

Last edited by fedfed: 03-03-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old
03-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
We have two firsts, I'd give one in a heartbeat. We also have an NHL-ready prospect Cody Eakin, who is speedy and versatile energy player.
And what about Mike Green? It'd take a huge + from your side, but I'd not mind parting with him. It's more of overhaul tactic though which is less realistic.
i dont want Green. too much of an injury prone player lately although he does have talent, not worth the risk...if dubinsky gets dealt to the Caps, only Caps players on the roster id like is Eakin, Brouwer, Johansson, Orlov, Wideman,and Shultz.. ive only put players that would most likely be dealt

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:54 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
The only two Caps players that I would be interested in would be Brouwer or Carlson (I know).

03-03-2012, 09:56 AM
coolbean04

If WSH wanted Dubinsky, I would trade him for WSH's worst of the two 1st round picks and gailev. Dubinsky is the best player in the deal and gailev is still a question mark. It's a nice chance for the Rangers to take since I think they will go hard after Parise in the offseason.

Dubinsky is exactly the type of player WSH needs. A guy that plays a great 2-way game, shows A LOT of energy and passion while also being a great PKer for them. WSH's 22nd ranked PK would improve significantly with Dubinsky.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:58 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Thanks. Thought so, didn't want to jump to conclusions. Seem to remember one is higher, Avs, I think, and other is yours. If memory correct this is a top 10 and a top 20ish, ballpark, we're looking at, right?

How about something simple?
Rangers next two firsts, i.e., 2012 and 2013 + Dubinsky
for
Caps two firsts this year...

Rangers 1st will likely be very late both years, but you are getting Dubi upfront at season's end.

I make it a habit not to speak for my Ranger brethren, just myself, but I'm guessing they'd get down with this if your side is as well.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:02 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Thanks. Thought so, didn't want to jump to conclusions. Seem to remember one is higher, Avs, I think, and other is yours. If memory correct this is a top 10 and a top 20ish, ballpark, we're looking at, right?

How about something simple?
Rangers next two firsts, i.e., 2012 and 2013 + Dubinsky
for
Caps two firsts this year...

Rangers 1st will likely be very late both years, but you are getting Dubi upfront at season's end.

I make it a habit not to speak for my Ranger brethren, just myself, but I'm guessing they'd get down with this if your side is as well.
Don't like that deal because those picks will be very late. I think Caps will pick at about 10th and 16th (still believe we'll squeeze into the playoffs to get beaten up by you or Bruins in the first round).

Old
03-03-2012, 10:03 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
If WSH wanted Dubinsky, I would trade him for WSH's worst of the two 1st round picks and gailev. Dubinsky is the best player in the deal and gailev is still a question mark. It's a nice chance for the Rangers to take since I think they will go hard after Parise in the offseason.

Dubinsky is exactly the type of player WSH needs. A guy that plays a great 2-way game, shows A LOT of energy and passion while also being a great PKer for them. WSH's 22nd ranked PK would improve significantly with Dubinsky.
Where can I sign? Man, it's the best imaginable deal!

Old
03-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

I wouldn't trade Dubinsky for futures, or potential. I wouldn't trade him for a downgrade+ either.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:42 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I wouldn't trade Dubinsky for futures, or potential.
I think right here is right — and the tricky part. The Rangers are in win now mode. They would need an upgrade over Dubinksy to make it worth their while to trade him.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:47 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I think right here is right and the tricky part. The Rangers are in win now mode. They would need an upgrade over Dubinksy to make it worth their while to trade him.
I think it'd make sense, assuming (important part here) you get a pretty large amount of cap space, too. Always gotta keep that in mind. I think you can find a better use for $4,2M.

Old
03-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Calad
Section 422

Quote:
I think right here is right and the tricky part. The Rangers are in win now mode. They would need an upgrade over Dubinksy to make it worth their while to trade him.
I disagree the Rangers are in win now mode. Win now mode implies that the Rangers will have no chance at competing a year or two from now. We have a very young core that has the opportunity to contend for an extended period of time (I kind of think of them as the new Chicago Blackhawks). Yes, the Rangers will have to resign a lot of kids to decent raises in the next 2 years, but the cap space can easily be made, and Dubinsky could be the Dustin Byfuglien of the core (in the sense that he is a good player who can get moved)

That being said, if Dubinsky keeps playing like he did last night against Tampa (he was a beast all over the ice after getting benched the night before demoted to the 4th line from taking a stupid penalty and playing poorly) it would make it a lot harder to pry him away from us.

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:04 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
I disagree the Rangers are in win now mode. Win now mode implies that the Rangers will have no chance at competing a year or two from now. We have a very young core that has the opportunity to contend for an extended period of time (I kind of think of them as the new Chicago Blackhawks). Yes, the Rangers will have to resign a lot of kids to decent raises in the next 2 years, but the cap space can easily be made, and Dubinsky could be the Dustin Byfuglien of the core (in the sense that he is a good player who can get moved)

That being said, if Dubinsky keeps playing like he did last night against Tampa (he was a beast all over the ice after getting benched the night before demoted to the 4th line from taking a stupid penalty and playing poorly) it would make it a lot harder to pry him away from us.
Byfuglien was moved because of salary, not because he was expendable.

Old
03-03-2012, 11:23 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
I think Dubi is the worst in $/value in the NYR core, no?

Old
03-03-2012, 11:26 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I think Dubi is the worst in $/value in the NYR core, no?
Not what this has to do with anything.

Old
03-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Calad
Section 422

Quote:
Did you even read the rest of my post? I'm saying Dubinsky would be moved to free up space to resign the rest of our kids, a la the Byfuglien situation

After 11-12: MDZ entry level contract expires, Prust and Biron are UFA
After 12-13: Stepan, McD, Hagelin entry level expries, AA and Sauer 2nd contract expires.

Last edited by Calad: 03-03-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:30 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
Did you even read the rest of my post? I'm saying Dubinsky would be moved to free up space to resign the rest of our kids, a la the Byfuglien situation
I did read the rest of your post. Just didn't have anything to say about it.

Old
03-03-2012, 11:32 AM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Far from it. NY is the best place for the game he plays.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

So you want a gritty, two-way forward, who can play 2C or 3W, scores 40-50 points most years (but is having an off year), and will be making over 4M a year for the next few years. You want another Brooks Laich. Personally, I think Laich is overpaid, and I've got no interest in giving up major assets for another one. If we're making a big move over the summer, it should be for someone who can actually play 2C, like Plekanec or Zajac.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote