HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ coach next year

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
The offense under Richards is a lot worse than the offense under Arniel despite the much better power play. Not a chance this guy should be head coach next season.

Old
03-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Not a chance this guy should be head coach next season.
Key word: SHOULD.

Old
03-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 272
Quote:
The offense under Richards is a lot worse than the offense under Arniel despite the much better power play. Not a chance this guy should be head coach next season.
Power play goals don't count?

Old
03-03-2012, 02:53 PM
FutureCjJohnson

Richards is probably retained. As long as current management is in place he should feel relatively safe. I don't want him to coach more than this season.

Old
03-03-2012, 06:07 PM
blahblah

Not too concerned if Richards stays, if Howson is the GM. We'd just end up firing someone else if/when Howson is let go.

Old
03-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Str8cash

Carlyle is the guy I would have liked. Big NO to Maurice and Wilson. Too soft.

Old
03-03-2012, 06:34 PM
jacks johnson

This is a message board quit feeling sorry for yourselves about howson being here. Regardless , Richards will not be the coach, if we are gutting the culture, including Nash, then Richards has little chance, it will be a fresh start with a proven coach . The only wildcats is if we go crazy hit the last 18 games, then I will be pissed if we miss out on nail.

Old
03-03-2012, 06:37 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitter on the point View Post
This is a message board get feeling sorry for yourselves about howson being here.
I'm assuming get is supposed to be "quit". If that is the case, I don't know how why being on a message board would have any impact on how you should feel about Howson, or yourself.

Old
03-03-2012, 06:48 PM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I'm assuming get is supposed to be "quit". If that is the case, I don't know how why being on a message board would have any impact on how you should feel about Howson, or yourself.
Supposed to have discussions not a pity party. Howson is not as bad as everyone makes him out to be . Priest is the problem, according to palinka, he should be gone after this season. Just can't believe everyone here thinks howson will take easy way out , when his neck will be on the line if things don't turn around. I think howson has done much better since Patrick has been on board, and would have to think he will go with a proven coach. Wilson would be good choice

Old
03-03-2012, 07:15 PM
ScreamingWild
Kissin' The Cup

Not sure of the exact comments but during the pregame of the Habs/Leafs game, it was mentioned that the Leafs were or are interested in Arniel for the coaching staff but Jackets would not allow them to talk to him, so they say. (It was something along those lines.)

As far as Wilson - meh. Wouldn't be interested unless he can be completely purged of Leafs mentality.

Old
03-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 2000
I don't know who the best hire would be, but in order to change the culture I think that it can't be a players coach. We need someone who will run practices at a high tempo which will translate onto the ice. Don't know who that would be, though.

Old
03-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Legs

Quote:
Supposed to have discussions not a pity party. Howson is not as bad as everyone makes him out to be . Priest is the problem, according to palinka, he should be gone after this season. Just can't believe everyone here thinks howson will take easy way out , when his neck will be on the line if things don't turn around. I think howson has done much better since Patrick has been on board, and would have to think he will go with a proven coach. Wilson would be good choice
Things haven't turned around, and Howson's neck is still firmly attached to his body. Same goes for Priest. Howson's track record for hiring/firing proven coaches is abysmal. As for Howson being "better" since Patrick arrived, you obviously didn't see him throw Nash under the bus at his last press conference -- with Patrick sitting right next to him. But discussions about Howson and Priest are probably more suited to the "Fire Them All!" thread. Come join us there. We'd love to have you!

Old
03-03-2012, 08:04 PM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs View Post
Things haven't turned around, and Howson's neck is still firmly attached to his body. Same goes for Priest. Howson's track record for hiring/firing proven coaches is abysmal. As for Howson being "better" since Patrick arrived, you obviously didn't see him throw Nash under the bus at his last press conference -- with Patrick sitting right next to him. But discussions about Howson and Priest are probably more suited to the "Fire Them All!" thread. Come join us there. We'd love to have you!
Could Howson have handled that situation better, yes. Is nash blameless in this situation, No. Who knows why he did what he did, maybe it was to make Nash realize that we control the situation, not him, and f he wants t go, maybe he will need to expand his list.
we rarely know the whole story, just like many were shocked to find Nash asked for the trade, it wasn't howsons doing.

Old
03-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Legs

Quote:
Could Howson have handled that situation better, yes. Is nash blameless in this situation, No. Who knows why he did what he did, maybe it was to make Nash realize that we control the situation, not him, and f he wants t go, maybe he will need to expand his list.
we rarely know the whole story, just like many were shocked to find Nash asked for the trade, it wasn't howsons doing.
Agree. I just dislike Howson and want a new GM selecting the next coach. Patrick would be an excellence choice. Oh -- and let's buy a plane ticket for Priest and drive him to the airport.

Old
03-03-2012, 08:15 PM
solomonsacct

Old
03-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert

Old
03-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Neill99

The next coach of the Columbus Blue Jackets should be Dallas Eakins coach of the Toronto Marlies.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
Power play goals don't count?
uhhh, I don't know how to respond to this, because I have no clue what you are implying.

Old
03-04-2012, 09:33 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

From Puckrakers:

--Rookie Ryan Johansen was scratched after a poor performance in Denver on Thursday. Defenseman Aaron Johnson took his place as a fourth-line winger. “I like the things that AJ brings to our team,” Richards said. “The work ethic, the compete. Joey’s game has been slipping so to me it was an easy decision.”

If Richards values anything about Aaron Johnson, he's is a brain-dead boogerhead who has no business behind any bench above grade school level. I completely understand if RyJo is not earning his time on the ice, but there's no way he should ever come out of the lineup for AJ. I'd rather see Sanford fill out the fourth line on the wing than him. This quote, among many other reasons, is why I refuse to consider Richards as anything but another Howson disaster and will go ballistic if he remains as coach of the CBJ into next season.

Old
03-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
--Rookie Ryan Johansen was scratched after a poor performance in Denver on Thursday. Defenseman Aaron Johnson took his place as a fourth-line winger. “I like the things that AJ brings to our team,” Richards said. “The work ethic, the compete. Joey’s game has been slipping so to me it was an easy decision.”

If Richards values anything about Aaron Johnson, he's is a brain-dead boogerhead who has no business behind any bench above grade school level. I completely understand if RyJo is not earning his time on the ice, but there's no way he should ever come out of the lineup for AJ. I'd rather see Sanford fill out the fourth line on the wing than him. This quote, among many other reasons, is why I refuse to consider Richards as anything but another Howson disaster and will go ballistic if he remains as coach of the CBJ into next season.
Now that's taking a stand, I agree...

Old
03-04-2012, 09:46 AM
CBJCougar

I tend to argue with the coach when we lose games....

Old
03-04-2012, 09:50 AM
EspenK

Quote:
uhhh, I don't know how to respond to this, because I have no clue what you are implying.
I think he is referring to the improvement in the power play which helps the offense.

Old
03-04-2012, 09:59 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
I tend to argue with the coach when we lose games....
You need to work on broadening your skills, Cougar, you should be able to argue with him, win or lose!

Old
03-04-2012, 10:01 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
You need to work on broadening your skills, Cougar, you should be able to argue with him, win or lose!
LOL I know. I'm slipping. Blame it on the win. It makes me forget all kinds of stuff.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:03 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
LOL I know. I'm slipping. Blame it on the win. It makes me forget all kinds of stuff.
I know, I'm a kinder and gentler person whenever my team wins, too.

Closed Thread