HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price (from a Montreal fan!)

Old
03-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Hockeyfan02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Well, if its well below his value, how much more would you be willing to give me for Price?
I would think that if Montreal were shopping Price they'd be looking to get a great return and that'd probably include Hedman. I wouldn't want Yzerman to do it because it makes one need worse to fill another. I've seen some Vancouver fans wanting Connolly+a first for Schneider. Price is better and more proven so I think it'd have to be an upgrade on that offer without other pieces coming back to our way. Just seems like you want to dump Price when it's guys like Gomez and Gionta sucking up cap space and not producing much that are the problem in Montreal.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:03 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I would think that if Montreal were shopping Price they'd be looking to get a great return and that'd probably include Hedman. I wouldn't want Yzerman to do it because it makes one need worse to fill another. I've seen some Vancouver fans wanting Connolly+a first for Schneider. Price is better and more proven so I think it'd have to be an upgrade on that offer without other pieces coming back to our way. Just seems like you want to dump Price when it's guys like Gomez and Gionta sucking up cap space and not producing much that are the problem in Montreal.
So Price alone for Connolly and Tampa 1st (4th to 10th) ?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:41 PM
TBLHoser

Not sure Emelin would get too far into the dressing room without getting beaten up. Are there substitutions in this proposal?

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
The Yzerplan
Not enough goalies

Quote:
So Price alone for Connolly and Tampa 1st (4th to 10th) ?
Yes please

The Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:02 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Well, if its well below his value, how much more would you be willing to give me for Price?
The thing is, if SFY was offered that package, he wouldn't give up anything more or think about it for a second. It's a complete steal for us. Realistically, Gauthier would ask the GM to take either Gomez or Kaberle in addition to Price. If that were the case, I could see Connolly and the first being enough since we would then be taking on a bad contract in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
Those Vancouver fans are complete homers. There's no way Schneider gets more than a 1st round pick (a late one at that) and maybe a mid round pick or prospect. Halak was just as proven at that point and had playoff success; he only garnered a 2nd round pick.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:25 PM
toob

man i wish Gauthier is as dumb as this seems to indicate to do this

toob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 04:15 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by toob View Post
man i wish Gauthier is as dumb as this seems to indicate to do this

He is not, but i am......

The issue i have now is you are all saying i am underselling price... but at the same time you doesn't seem ready to offer more than that for him. For me it seem im just selling Price at a range you will accept.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 04:27 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
He is not, but i am......

The issue i have now is you are all saying i am underselling price... but at the same time you doesn't seem ready to offer more than that for him. For me it seem im just selling Price at a range you will accept.
We're so close to a deal though.

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 02:08 PM
shello
@WShello9

Done

shello is offline   Reply With Quote