HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2012, 04:22 PM
MessierIsGod

vCash: 500
More info for you guys:

I counted 14 rows that would be consider "lower" (for example, row 1 center $150, row 2 $90 and 3-14 $79).

Looks like there are about 10 rows behind the "lower" so those will be either $53 (center) or $50 (corners and goal). These would be the 400s today.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:23 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
The problem with the new pricing plan is no one is going to want to be the last row of the high price point. I honeslty don't know who is willing to spend 150.00 per for the first row. Also I actually told my rep this because I am in Sec 311 Row N..that if I have to move back to rows for the price to drop I will. I will not be one of the last rows in the higher price braket. I think there will be a lot of that happening.
This is something I can see myself asking about as well being in section 315 row K right now, I imagine many people will be asking to move back, and they probably won't be able to do it for many people.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:25 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I'm in 420 now, on the goal line where the rangers shoot twice. Looks like those equivalents will be 50 each, hopefully that is where I am kept, or put into the upper upper center for 53.
Based on the chart, I think you made out like a bandit. There are only 4 rows of $50 in 214 on the new chart

Old
03-03-2012, 04:27 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
More info for you guys:

I counted 14 rows that would be consider "lower" (for example, row 1 center $150, row 2 $90 and 3-14 $79).

Looks like there are about 10 rows behind the "lower" so those will be either $53 (center) or $50 (corners and goal). These would be the 400s today.
Yeah I was curious about that. Right now our seats are in 405 row A so I'm assuming we wind up either in 224 or 225 in rows 15-20 or something. If we get row 15, the value is pretty solid at $53 all things considering.

How many rows are currently in the 300's also? I could see some in the back couple of rows being relegated to the beginning of the cheaper pricing points if there aren't enough rows of that pricing point.

03-03-2012, 04:29 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Problem is row 3 is $52 less ($125 - $73).

Front row Center is $150..2nd row is $90..3rd row is $79
But you're talking such a small number of seats at those price-points. And when you think about it the 1st row around the upper bowl is going to be a pretty nice spot. Sure, it comes at a big premium...but I promise you there will be people lined up for those. People who can't justify it can simply move back a row or two. As I said previously, I would consider dumping my lower bowl $132 seats for them. The row 1 uppers will be cheaper (at $125) and probably have a better view of the ice. At the end of the day I think the new seating chart makes the last few rows of the lower bowl a worse value than they were before. Assuming my current 300s remain in row 2 I'll be thrilled. Those will be great seats, particularly with the elimination of the walkway which was a distraction at times, and the fact that they will be several feet closer and higher than they are now.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:30 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Based on the chart, I think you made out like a bandit. There are only 4 rows of $50 in 214 on the new chart
That is IF I am kept in the same spot. Honestly, so long as I get the 50 or 53s I will be ok.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:32 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
But you're talking such a small number of seats at those price-points. And when you think about it the 1st row around the upper bowl is going to be a pretty nice spot. Sure, it comes at a big premium...but I promise you there will be people lined up for those. People who can't justify it can simply move back a row or two. As I said previously, I would consider dumping my lower bowl $132 seats for them. The row 1 uppers will be cheaper (at $125) and probably have a better view of the ice. At the end of the day I think the new seating chart makes the last few rows of the lower bowl a worse value than they were before. Assuming my current 300s remain in row 2 I'll be thrilled. Those will be great seats, particularly with the elimination of the walkway which was a distraction at times, and the fact that they will be several feet closer and higher than they are now.
The issue with me isn't that they made the first two rows a premium but how high they were priced. I can understand a 10 dollar or so premium which they did with the 2nd row but $150 for the first row? Really pushing it with that one. Limited number of seats there though like you said so it's not a huge deal. They would have had a problem if they overpriced a bigger area.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:33 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Not disagreeing with you. Row 1s are always nice (assuming the stupid glass is a non-issue). The view maybe nicer but don't forget that it will be higher than the current 300s since the mid-level suites will be underneath.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:35 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Not disagreeing with you. Row 1s are always nice (assuming the stupid glass is a non-issue). The view maybe nicer but don't forget that it will be higher than the current 300s since the mid-level suites will be underneath.
I disagree. I have sat on the rail in several different stadiums and arenas. Never like it because I am 6'2" and the seats tend to be lower to the floor than further back. Always very uncomfortable.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:37 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
The issue with me isn't that they made the first two rows a premium but how high they were priced. I can understand a 10 dollar or so premium which they did with the 2nd row but $150 for the first row? Really pushing it with that one. Limited number of seats there though like you said so it's not a huge deal. They would have had a problem if they overpriced a bigger area.
I think they know they won't lack for people who will pay top dollar to sit in Row 1 of the upper level. Personally I'm a bit relieved that the subscribers in the first 5 or so rows didn't get killed. Honestly thought we would all be looking at $80 to $100 or so. So for all but the first row and second row (center) the rest of the seats are under $80. If anything they will have done nicely compared to people in say Row 12. Definitely a little surprised there weren't more price points...like rows 1, then 2 to 5, then 6 to 14 and finally 15 to 25 or something like that. In the end I can't complain.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:39 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
And that's an excellent point. Anyone know what will be in front of Row 1? Is it glass, and if so how high will it go? Does it block your view while seated?

As for the slight increase in height, I think it might improve the viewing experience. Remember that they will also be moved forward by about the width of the current walk way.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:40 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
I think they know they won't lack for people who will pay top dollar to sit in Row 1 of the upper level. Personally I'm a bit relieved that the subscribers in the first 5 or so rows didn't get killed. Honestly thought we would all be looking at $80 to $100 or so. So for all but the first row and second row (center) the rest of the seats are under $80. If anything they will have done nicely compared to people in say Row 12. Definitely a little surprised there weren't more price points...like rows 1, then 2 to 5, then 6 to 14 and finally 15 to 25 or something like that. In the end I can't complain.
I think for the most part they did fine with the exception of some areas. Like I said earlier, had it been $5 lower across the board in the upper bowl, it would have been perfect IMO.

Another little gripe, how is the West Balcony $64 but the blue seats right below it $47? Is it because those in the Balcony have concessions behind them but the blue seats may not? Struck me as a little odd.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:43 PM
MessierIsGod

Not to be overlooked:

West Balcony $64 is available for season tickets.

I assume those will be new sales? Who would get relocated there?

Old
03-03-2012, 04:43 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
And that's an excellent point. Anyone know what will be in front of Row 1? Is it glass, and if so how high will it go? Does it block your view while seated?
At $150 per seat? unlikely but......?

Since it's an issue for me I'll be thinking about my next move.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:44 PM
MessierIsGod

Also not be over looked:

41 games in invoice means no pre-season again

Old
03-03-2012, 04:47 PM
patnyrnyg

Does it say when the first payment would be charged if we do the 10-payment plan or whatever payment plan they offer?

Old
03-03-2012, 04:47 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Not to be overlooked:

West Balcony $64 is available for season tickets.

I assume those will be new sales? Who would get relocated there?
I think they were listed on the seating chart this past season as being the same price as the 400's but weren't available as seasons. Who knows if they will be available this upcoming season.

Last edited by NYRFAN218: 03-03-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old
03-03-2012, 04:48 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I think for the most part they did fine with the exception of some areas. Like I said earlier, had it been $5 lower across the board in the upper bowl, it would have been perfect IMO.
I guess the fact that we're quibbling about $5 means it could have been a lot worse.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:49 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
I guess the fact that we're quibbling about $5 means it could have been a lot worse.
Oh definitely, I was fearing the worst. It does add up after a while though if you go to a decent amount of games.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:52 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Does it say when the first payment would be charged if we do the 10-payment plan or whatever payment plan they offer?
10 payments by march 26
8 payments may 11
full may 11

Old
03-03-2012, 04:55 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
I think they were listen on the seating chart this past season as being the same price as the 400's but weren't available as seasons. Who knows if they will be available this upcoming season.
My wife was thinking ours would be about 42-45. I thought they would jump to about 60-65. So, I am a little relieved, she is a little annoyed. Funny, I just finished teaching my 6th graders about estimating with percents. Explained ad naseum (sp?) how this is a skill they will be using for the rest of their lives. Gave them examples like, "You are in the store, you have $40 in your pocket. You see a shirt you like for $45 but on sale for 30% off, but then you have to add tax, do you have enough? You need to be able to estimate that in your head before waiting in line. Anyways, was also telling them they should always estimate up whenever they are thinking about how much they will have to pay for something. So, when it is actually less, you will be happy you didnt spend as much. Guess my wife was absent when her math teacher taught this lesson.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:57 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
10 payments by march 26
8 payments may 11
full may 11
gracias. I assume the first round will be charged on that march 16th date?

Old
03-03-2012, 05:00 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
My wife was thinking ours would be about 42-45. I thought they would jump to about 60-65. So, I am a little relieved, she is a little annoyed. Funny, I just finished teaching my 6th graders about estimating with percents. Explained ad naseum (sp?) how this is a skill they will be using for the rest of their lives. Gave them examples like, "You are in the store, you have $40 in your pocket. You see a shirt you like for $45 but on sale for 30% off, but then you have to add tax, do you have enough? You need to be able to estimate that in your head before waiting in line. Anyways, was also telling them they should always estimate up whenever they are thinking about how much they will have to pay for something. So, when it is actually less, you will be happy you didnt spend as much. Guess my wife was absent when her math teacher taught this lesson.
I didn't think they'd jump that high but with MSG, we're all prepared to expect the worst. I guess from here it's interesting to see how they go about raising prices in the future. We all seem to be fine for the most part with how they priced everything but there's only so much more they can raise it.

Old
03-03-2012, 05:09 PM
patnyrnyg

I am really surprised they are raising the lower bowl considering how many seats went unsold this year.

Old
03-03-2012, 05:12 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
gracias. I assume the first round will be charged on that march 16th date?
you assume correct (but you will get a 10% rebate if you renew by march 26 too).

Don't forget the 10% for your wife - then again if she skipped math......

Closed Thread