HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan at the draft

Old
03-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Maybe you should go back and look at the top 5 picks in recent years. More often then not they do become Ryan's level, and at least half of them are better then him.
Okay?

2002: One comparable (Nash), four worse (Lehtonen, Bouwmeester, Pitkänen, Whitney)
2003: One better (E. Staal), two comparable (Vanek, Fleury), two worse (Zherdev, Horton)
2004: Two better (Malkin, Ovie), three worse (Ladd, Wheeler, Barker)
2005: Ryan himself, two better (Sid, Price), two worse (J. Johnson, Pouliot)
2006: Two better (Toews, Backstrom), one similar (Kessel), two worse (E. Johnson, J. Staal)
2007: One better (Kane), four worse (JVR, Turris, Hickey, Alzner)
2008: Three better (Stamkos, Doughty, Pietrangelo [generously]), one similar (Bogosian), one worse (Schenn)

Even assuming you disagree with some of that, I find it hard to see how the majority ends up better than Ryan, who is one of very few players in the league (let alone top-5 picks, let alone all other ages) to score as many consecutive 30-goal seasons, and contribute as much at even strength, while getting as little quality PP time.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
At #2 you could always pick Grigorenko/Murray.
Don't mind them.... There's ducks fans that are just as bad as leaf fans homer deals etc. I think Ryan being moved for a top 5 pick and prospect is a legit proposal. If we can land a better center then what we have in our prospect pool we'll be good.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
If leafs drop into bottom 5, no doubt in my mind that they'd do it.
You hired our previous coach and we have chemistry through management. Only way I see us doing this is we have Schenn and your first.

Forsberg - Galchenyuk - Etem

Ohh em geee

Old
03-03-2012, 05:40 PM
dkollidas

Derek Roy, Luke Adam and Nashville's 1st for Ryan and a 3rd or 4th

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Maybe you should go back and look at the top 5 picks in recent years. More often then not they do become Ryan's level, and at least half of them are better then him. Given there are a few busts like Pouliet and Hickey, but everyone was surprised with the kings picking Hickey in the first place.
Maybe YOU should go back and look at the top5 picks in recent years. The chances of getting a better player than Ryan is quite low.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Maybe YOU should go back and look at the top5 picks in recent years. The chances of getting a better player than Ryan is quite low.
In WHICH I am asking for a prospect in addition to the first round pick.

Old
03-03-2012, 06:08 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Agreed. Ryan is a solid #2. Maybe no Malkin but still.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:33 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Okay?

2002: One comparable (Nash), four worse (Lehtonen, Bouwmeester, Pitkänen, Whitney)
2003: One better (E. Staal), two comparable (Vanek, Fleury), two worse (Zherdev, Horton)
2004: Two better (Malkin, Ovie), three worse (Ladd, Wheeler, Barker)
2005: Ryan himself, two better (Sid, Price), two worse (J. Johnson, Pouliot)
2006: Two better (Toews, Backstrom), one similar (Kessel), two worse (E. Johnson, J. Staal)
2007: One better (Kane), four worse (JVR, Turris, Hickey, Alzner)
2008: Three better (Stamkos, Doughty, Pietrangelo [generously]), one similar (Bogosian), one worse (Schenn)

Even assuming you disagree with some of that, I find it hard to see how the majority ends up better than Ryan, who is one of very few players in the league (let alone top-5 picks, let alone all other ages) to score as many consecutive 30-goal seasons, and contribute as much at even strength, while getting as little quality PP time.
I do disagree with a few, but i'll ignore that part. I also think a lot of that could change atm, depending on how they develop. Also, the players that are better are in a league of their own, while most of the ones that are worse aren't worse by a huge margin or are still developing. I'm not saying Ryan isn't either, but it's too early to write off that he'll be better then some players like Johnson, Turris, JVR, and Alzer.

Bolded ones are the ones I disagree with. I'd take Kessel over Ryan anyday, EJ has been a beast since January, and Staal is worth just as much as Ryan.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:00 PM
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer

I could see the Hurricanes being interested, depending on where the end up in the final standings. They were reportedly interested in Ryan back when he was rumored to be moved a few months ago. What would Anaheim want in addition to a first-round pick?

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Briecheeze

If the Leafs get a top 5, I'd rather see if I could either trade up or hope one of Galchenyuk or Grigorenko fall to the Leafs.

Ryan is a good player, but down the middle is where the team is weak, and if Ryan costs a top-5 + a prospect, I'd rather keep the pick and see what he develops into.

Briecheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Reasoning is due to wanting a center for the Etem's line a few years down the road.

It's times like this that I'm happy that we have Bob Murray as our GM.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:08 PM
MW6

How about Kuznetsov (might be the top prospect not currently in the NHL) + Schultz (one of BB's favorites) + Ward (more of a capmove but really solid defensively and has been clutch in the playoffs before) + the lesser of Caps 1st rounders (likely 15th-20th, could be used to move up a spot in the draft if wanted to).

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:09 PM
KOHitter87

What do u think Krejci for Ryan. Boston has ton of talent in the middle, and they need someone who can finish .Seguin has already said he wants to play center. Its proble one of the best deals help both teams the Ducks get a number 2 center to go with Getzlaf,and boston gets a winger to go with Seguin.

KOHitter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
I also think a lot of that could change atm, depending on how they develop. (...) I'm not saying Ryan isn't either, but it's too early to write off that he'll be better then some players like Johnson, Turris, JVR, and Alzer.
Sure, that's always a possibility. But as you said, Ryan isn't necessarily a finished product himself, so we can only constitute who he should rightfully be considered ahead of at this point.

Quote:
Bolded ones are the ones I disagree with. I'd take Kessel over Ryan anyday, EJ has been a beast since January, and Staal is worth just as much as Ryan.
This is the first year that Kessel has something substantial over Ryan - I see an argument that can be made, but it should not be as night/day. On EJ, your words say it best - "since January". That really should not make up for the past years in which Ryan was long ways ahead. I also disagree about Staal, and I think the consensus would still be Ryan being more valuable in a vacuum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
How about Kuznetsov (might be the top prospect not currently in the NHL) + Schultz (one of BB's favorites) + Ward (more of a capmove but really solid defensively and has been clutch in the playoffs before) + the lesser of Caps 1st rounders (likely 15th-20th, could be used to move up a spot in the draft if wanted to).
Not much need for or interest in Schultz or Ward, who both make too much money for the Ducks' budget for what they would add to the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
What do u think Krejci for Ryan. Boston has ton of talent in the middle, and they need someone who can finish .Seguin has already said he wants to play center. Its proble one of the best deals help both teams the Ducks get a number 2 center to go with Getzlaf,and boston gets a winger to go with Seguin.
Well, this basis for a proposal is a classic already. Neither side is completely against it. There always seems to be a consensus that Boston would have to add something, and that tends to be where things fall through in these threads.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:44 PM
JohnnyDuck93

Why do we need another top 10 pick we'd be pick 6 if the draft today that would most likely get Galchenyuk who I like more than Grigorenko.As for the Buf deal I'd do Bobby for Roy+Regehr+Bufs 1st we may have to add Holland but I thinks thats a fair deal

JohnnyDuck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Toastman

Louis leblanc
2013 1st

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
Louis leblanc
2013 1st
You dont even give the 1 thing we ask for, which most Ducks fans still feel is not enough....

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Theridion

Ducks Fan Perspective:

I vote no to trading Ryan. There is no point. The Ducks need a 2nd line next year, and there's no reason to not build it starting with Ryan.

Only 5 Players (Including Stamkos and Malkin) have more goals at even strength than Ryan.

As stated, Ryan plays on a crappy 2nd PP unit that is not expected to score (argue with that word 'expected', but seriously, that 2nd PP unit is a waste of PP time).

The Duck's #1 need is a 2nd line Center for next year, and #2 needs are for 2 top 6 wingers to fit in on the 1st and 2nd line.

If we swap Ryan for a Center... then we need 3 wingers... I don't think that improves our situation any.

Throw $$ or the Duck's 1st and a prospect at the best #2 center you can find, Keep Ryan, and then fill in the winger holes as best as possible.

Dealing Ryan and downgrading him by accepting a pick... its just creating holes.

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
The way we r goin we might get the 1st. Also we could win the lottery.
assuming this trade would be at the draft, you would know where we are drafting ...

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:08 AM
JabbaJabba

No way in hell they should trade Bobby just for 1st pick. And if the Ducks continue to suck, they might be able to actually draft one of Grigorenko or Galchenyuk. So no need for trading him.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:39 AM
AmericanRocket91

Bobby Ryan for David Kreji + 2nd round pick?

Ducks get a legit center to play with Etem. Bruins get a goal scoring winger to play with Seguin and Marchand.

AmericanRocket91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:06 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

How about Plekanec, Kristo/Weber and our 2013 first?

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:20 AM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRocket91 View Post
Bobby Ryan for David Kreji + 2nd round pick?

Ducks get a legit center to play with Etem. Bruins get a goal scoring winger to play with Seguin and Marchand.
Etem is a PROSPECT who has not played 1 game in the NHL. There is no "play with Etem" Unless you are talking about an AHL center. That is the way you should treat it until Etem makes the team and becomes the player we pray to God he is.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:26 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
I'd trade the 2nd/3rd overall for Ryan as an Oilers fan. He gives us size, and immediate skill and scoring. Also, adds depth to our top-six allowing us to make a trade for defense.
Man... imagine Ryan in our top 6? That would be sick. What on earth would the lines look like?

Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Ryan-Hopkins-Hemsky ???

Hall-Hopkins-Hemsky
Ryan-Gagner-Eberle ????

Hall-Gagner-Hemsky
Ryan-Hopkins- Eberle???

Hall-Hopkins-Eberle
Ryan-Gagner-Hemsky????

All looks damn good to me.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:15 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

If Petr Sykora retires this offseason, the Devils will be right back to where they were before the season started -- horrific right winger depth. (Actually, it'd probably be worse, given the departure of Palmieri in the Zids trade).

If that happens, I would love to acquire Ryan. Maybe something like Ryan for Zajac+Burlon+2nd?

A top-6 of Kovalchuk-Elias-Zubrus, Parise-Henrique-Ryan would be rock solid.

I'm extremely leery about giving up Zajac, but let's just see what the Ducks fans think.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote