HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Long Island roller hockey

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2012, 11:41 AM
  #76
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
Not looking to hi-jack the thread but if anybody plays ice up in Westchester/Rockland/North Jersey and needs a goalie for pick-up or as a fill-in give me a shout. Thanks.
I was wondering the same thing; if anyone knows of a place in Westchester/Rockland, I'd be so down to play.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:50 AM
  #77
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue24 View Post
I live about 5 minutes away from Rapid Fire in Center Moriches. Pretty nice place. There also is an outside rink behind the town elementary school, which is even closer for me. It's not the greatest, but its still pretty nice.
Then you probably know me. I own the Beer Distributor in Mastic.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:22 PM
  #78
RangerBlue24
LGR
 
RangerBlue24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Then you probably know me. I own the Beer Distributor in Mastic.
I'm not sure if I do, but I definitely know where the beer distributor is. Thats awesome that you own it

RangerBlue24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:10 PM
  #79
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,335
vCash: 500
Roller Hockey tomorrow at 11am in Whitestone if anyone is interested.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:55 PM
  #80
SteadyEddie
Registered User
 
SteadyEddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Anyone play at any outdoor rinks in Northern NJ?
I'm a regular at the rink in Kearny, near Newark. It's a nice rink, but too many Debbies. Could use a little Ranger support. We play every Sunday afternoon. Will be there after the Ranger game tomorrow. Has lights too.

Used to play in Glen Rock. The rink there is still nice. So are the ones in Ridgewood and Hawthorne. Anyone play pick-up at any of these places?

SteadyEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:23 PM
  #81
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadyEddie View Post
I'm a regular at the rink in Kearny, near Newark. It's a nice rink, but too many Debbies. Could use a little Ranger support. We play every Sunday afternoon. Will be there after the Ranger game tomorrow. Has lights too.

Used to play in Glen Rock. The rink there is still nice. So are the ones in Ridgewood and Hawthorne. Anyone play pick-up at any of these places?
Is that rink near the Kearny Scots Club ?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:24 PM
  #82
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadyEddie View Post
I'm a regular at the rink in Kearny, near Newark. It's a nice rink, but too many Debbies. Could use a little Ranger support. We play every Sunday afternoon. Will be there after the Ranger game tomorrow. Has lights too.

Used to play in Glen Rock. The rink there is still nice. So are the ones in Ridgewood and Hawthorne. Anyone play pick-up at any of these places?
Never in Ridgewood and one time in Hawthorne.

I play at Oakland and Mahwah. Mostly Oakland.

The Oakland rink used to have a light switch, but it was recently disabled (not sure why).

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
  #83
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
We should get some games going this summer amongst HF'ers.
I'm game, absolutely.

Read my post above about the rinks I go to.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:01 PM
  #84
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,423
vCash: 500
We're here every Sunday!

http://www.meetup.com/TheRonkonkomaS...ents/54289182/

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:55 PM
  #85
SteadyEddie
Registered User
 
SteadyEddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Is that rink near the Kearny Scots Club ?
No, it's on Passaic Ave (by the river), by the soccer field. Nearest cross street is Bergen Ave.

SteadyEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:31 PM
  #86
jskramer83
Registered User
 
jskramer83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 800
Need some help, I want to buy a new pair of inlines, this weekend. I will be up at my quogue house and was wondering if anyone knew of any places i could go to get a pair of skates?


Thanks in advance, and Nash sucks!

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:52 PM
  #87
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
Need some help, I want to buy a new pair of inlines, this weekend. I will be up at my quogue house and was wondering if anyone knew of any places i could go to get a pair of skates?


Thanks in advance, and Nash sucks!
Don't know any stores in LI but I found these on the cheap. http://www.hockeytron.com/tr370.html . Used them for the first time today after not rollerskating for years.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:43 PM
  #88
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadyEddie View Post
I'm a regular at the rink in Kearny, near Newark. It's a nice rink, but too many Debbies. Could use a little Ranger support. We play every Sunday afternoon. Will be there after the Ranger game tomorrow. Has lights too.

Used to play in Glen Rock. The rink there is still nice. So are the ones in Ridgewood and Hawthorne. Anyone play pick-up at any of these places?
When was the last time you played in Glen Rock? I played there quite a bit over the last 4-5 years. I may have played with/against ya!

The Ridgewood rink is no longer used for hockey and now it's a semi skatepark for skateboarders and the Hawthorne rink is in total disrepair.

The best outdoor rink in Bergen County is in Paramus, NJ. Olympic sized rink with quality boards and some of the smoothest asphalt I've ever skated on.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 07:40 AM
  #89
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,330
vCash: 500
Rapid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue24 View Post
I live about 5 minutes away from Rapid Fire in Center Moriches. Pretty nice place. There also is an outside rink behind the town elementary school, which is even closer for me. It's not the greatest, but its still pretty nice.
Lol love rapid fire. Just won the spring championship!

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 07:48 AM
  #90
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,330
vCash: 500
Plaza Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
Need some help, I want to buy a new pair of inlines, this weekend. I will be up at my quogue house and was wondering if anyone knew of any places i could go to get a pair of skates?


Thanks in advance, and Nash sucks!
This reply might be too late but Plaza Sports would be the closest where i could find anything from novice to pro level equipment. They r owned by Peter and Chris Ferraro's parents. If u go pm me ill vive u my name for a discount. We have been neighbors for 25 years.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:04 AM
  #91
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
This reply might be too late but Plaza Sports would be the closest where i could find anything from novice to pro level equipment. They r owned by Peter and Chris Ferraro's parents. If u go pm me ill vive u my name for a discount. We have been neighbors for 25 years.
I thought Plaza Sports was gone? The one in Centereach I believe is.

I buy all my stuff online, but if I have to go to a store it's Harbor Sports at the end of 110.

I just "retired" from roller hockey this past spring, I want to move over to ice. Played at SkateSafe for almost 10 years...place is a joke.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:21 AM
  #92
trueblue231930
Registered User
 
trueblue231930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Wheelin Willie's on Merrick Road in Wantagh is another good place for equipment.

trueblue231930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:23 AM
  #93
jskramer83
Registered User
 
jskramer83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
This reply might be too late but Plaza Sports would be the closest where i could find anything from novice to pro level equipment. They r owned by Peter and Chris Ferraro's parents. If u go pm me ill vive u my name for a discount. We have been neighbors for 25 years.
Really appreciate your help, I wound up just ordering it online though. That's pretty cool that you are neighbors with them, I am guessing from the fact you are recommending their store they are pretty stand up individuals.

On a similar note when I was growing up, I used to be in the same grade as John Davidson's older daughter, he live across the street. When I was senior, Dan Blackburn was living in his house as a rookie, and would hang out at our high school parties. Talk about a stand up guy, one thing you will never know about him is that, when John Davidson's oldest daughter's best friend did not have a date to our high school prom Dan Blackburn asked her even though he wasn't technically part of our high school, and took her as his date.

Sorry for getting off track, and really do appreciate the help, if any games ever come up let me know, I am usually up there only on weekends!

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:23 AM
  #94
EpicDing
The Fellowship
 
EpicDing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 2319
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
I thought Plaza Sports was gone? The one in Centereach I believe is.

I buy all my stuff online, but if I have to go to a store it's Harbor Sports at the end of 110.

I just "retired" from roller hockey this past spring, I want to move over to ice. Played at SkateSafe for almost 10 years...place is a joke.
I go to the Plaza Sports in Rocky Point, it's right on 347 west of the Kohl's. There's also one in Montauk I believe, if that helps you at all.

EpicDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:32 AM
  #95
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDing View Post
I go to the Plaza Sports in Rocky Point, it's right on 347 west of the Kohl's. There's also one in Montauk I believe, if that helps you at all.
To far for me, but thanks.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:24 PM
  #96
jskramer83
Registered User
 
jskramer83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 800
So I spoke with a couple people on the flyers, islanders, and devils board and they would be interested in doing a friendly 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5 roller tournament between rangers board, devils board, flyers board, and islanders board.

I ask here last cause I am confident we have enough people who would be interested in playing. Once we established interest we will discuss a place to play. So just to be safe who would be interested in playing?

This is not just for long island, we are going to need to find a place that would be easiest for everyone to get too, soo any who is interested let me know.

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:42 PM
  #97
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,423
vCash: 500
Me and my group of up to about 15-20 guys all play at 'The Armory' rink, over at the Smithtown Library in Nesconset. We are there every weekend and have a Facebook group dedicated to it, and how we organize pick up games. It's awesome.

I live in lower Westchester but my girlfriend lives out in Glen Cove, Exit 39 on the L.I.E. I drive out from her place on the weekends to Exit 58.

Anyone interested in playing should definitely come check it out. We are always looking for new people to join in!

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:33 PM
  #98
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light
 
Hobgoblin Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Ridge
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
So I spoke with a couple people on the flyers, islanders, and devils board and they would be interested in doing a friendly 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5 roller tournament between rangers board, devils board, flyers board, and islanders board.

I ask here last cause I am confident we have enough people who would be interested in playing. Once we established interest we will discuss a place to play. So just to be safe who would be interested in playing?

This is not just for long island, we are going to need to find a place that would be easiest for everyone to get too, soo any who is interested let me know.
Id be interested if its in Brooklyn, and we can do it at my rink. I have the key to the McDonald ave rink (ave F), and we could pretty much do any time. PM me for info if you need more.

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:55 PM
  #99
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
I thought Plaza Sports was gone? The one in Centereach I believe is.

I buy all my stuff online, but if I have to go to a store it's Harbor Sports at the end of 110.

I just "retired" from roller hockey this past spring, I want to move over to ice. Played at SkateSafe for almost 10 years...place is a joke.
The 1 in Centereach is gone. Do u remember Meyer Deck hockey over there? They have a store in Rocky Point off 25a.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 04:18 AM
  #100
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Never in Ridgewood and one time in Hawthorne.

I play at Oakland and Mahwah. Mostly Oakland.

The Oakland rink used to have a light switch, but it was recently disabled (not sure why).
There's a rink in Oakland? where the hell?

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.