HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worcester Sharks / San Francisco Bulls Summer 2012 News/notes

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

vCash: 500
http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1009287

03-03-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
Was that the score? I mostly check the fight score. Generally there's more fights then goals in Worcester!
Only one fight, Petrecki took on Kirk MacDonald and took him to the ice with several lefts.

Bonneau tried to go with Maxime Sauve but MacDonald jumped in. Soon after Petrecki got MacDonald.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:26 PM

The WorSharks second goal...

Quote:
1. WOR Moore, (4) (Acolatse, Del Monte), 7:55
...many people are saying James Sheppard tipped it before it went in.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:36 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
The WorSharks second goal...

...many people are saying James Sheppard tipped it before it went in.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:18 PM
dmband

Quote:
Only one fight, Petrecki took on Kirk MacDonald and took him to the ice with several lefts.

Bonneau tried to go with Maxime Sauve but MacDonald jumped in. Soon after Petrecki got MacDonald.
Full disclosure, I did not see what started it but Petrecki gets an extra 2 for roughing with 2 minutes to go in the period. Porvidence scores on the PP and wakes up a sleep walking team. Thank goodness for the Reid goal. Petrecki missed the first 5 of the third, in the box and the last 5 of the third becasue they were protecting a 2 goal lead. O'Hanley played more minutes than Nick. Petrecki is just not a smart player at this point.

Old
03-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Kitten Mittons

Only three games in but how's Shepard? Just a jersey out there?

Old
03-03-2012, 11:45 PM
dmband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Only three games in but how's Shepard? Just a jersey out there?
It was the first game that I saw him live. He was ineffective but mostly because he is not in hockey game shape. Short shifts. He was on the third line. Good size.

Old
03-04-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
Full disclosure, I did not see what started it but Petrecki gets an extra 2 for roughing with 2 minutes to go in the period. Porvidence scores on the PP and wakes up a sleep walking team. Thank goodness for the Reid goal. Petrecki missed the first 5 of the third, in the box and the last 5 of the third becasue they were protecting a 2 goal lead. O'Hanley played more minutes than Nick. Petrecki is just not a smart player at this point.
I knew you were going to post...Petrecki didn't do a single thing to earn that extra minor. MacDonald glove punched him, Petrecki shoved him back, MacDonald knocked off Petrecki's helmet, and then the both went at it. It was a pathetically bad call.

My two tweets about it:
Quote:
#WorSharks are shorthanded as Petrecki gets an extra minor for no apparent reason.
Quote:
And that minor results in the P-Bruins scoring with 11.5 seconds to go in the 2nd period. I still have no idea what Petrecki did #WorSharks
Petrecki had at least one shift with the two goal lead because he blocked a shot by Sauve soon after Cunningham scored for Providence.

Old
03-04-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
It was the first game that I saw him live. He was ineffective but mostly because he is not in hockey game shape. Short shifts. He was on the third line. Good size.
He was the guys standing where we hardly see any WorSharks--right in front of the net screening the goaltender.

Old
03-04-2012, 09:11 AM

3/3/12 WorSharks 5, @Providence 2

From telegram.com:
Worcester Sharks propelled by solid start
Logjam in goal has Alex Stalock out

From Sharkspage.com:
WorSharks score early and often, beat Providence 5-2

From sharksahl.com:
Sharks ride three goal first period to 5-2 victory over Bruins

From providencebruins.com:
Game Rcap

From theahl.com:
Game Summary
Game Report

Old
03-04-2012, 01:40 PM
BruinsSharks

I think we have seen the last of Stalock in a Sharks Uniform. With both Sateri and Sexsmith playing pretty well, I don't think Peoria would have objected to either one of them.

Stalock was offered up for a reason, he is no longer in the long term plan. Whether it is that they don't think he ever fully get back from the injury or he has been passed by the other prospects is not clear right now.

I certainly have no issue with the way Sateri or Sexsmith have played this season but I am going to miss seeing Stalock in Worcester. Just my opinion

Old
03-04-2012, 01:53 PM
bullslugg
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsSharks View Post
I think we have seen the last of Stalock in a Sharks Uniform. With both Sateri and Sexsmith playing pretty well, I don't think Peoria would have objected to either one of them.

Stalock was offered up for a reason, he is no longer in the long term plan. Whether it is that they don't think he ever fully get back from the injury or he has been passed by the other prospects is not clear right now.

I certainly have no issue with the way Sateri or Sexsmith have played this season but I am going to miss seeing Stalock in Worcester. Just my opinion
Worcester right? My understanding he's just on loan for remainder of this year. Then back to Sharks next year.

Old
03-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Speed

Funny I just posted about this on Facebook. I think Stalock might be odd man out and not coming back. You got 3 goalie prospects. I would think they'd keep the 2 they a higher on in the Sharks system around optimal surroundings.

Old
03-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Warren

I suspect the Sharks still view stalock as their top goaltending prospect. Is it not possible that they loaned Stalock out over Sexsmith and Sateri so that if they call Stalock up to the NHL wether as an injury replacement or to be around the NHL team and trainers during the playoffs, they still have two goaltenders in worcerster? For example if they loaned out sexsmith and then wanted to bring up stalock for any reason, that would only leave one proven AHL goalie in Worcester.

Old
03-04-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I suspect the Sharks still view stalock as their top goaltending prospect. Is it not possible that they loaned Stalock out over Sexsmith and Sateri so that if they call Stalock up to the NHL wether as an injury replacement or to be around the NHL team and trainers during the playoffs, they still have two goaltenders in worcerster? For example if they loaned out sexsmith and then wanted to bring up stalock for any reason, that would only leave one proven AHL goalie in Worcester.
That makes no sense because they could have done all that without loaning him to Peoria.

Old
03-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Warren

Quote:
That makes no sense because they could have done all that without loaning him to Peoria.
In Worcester He'd be one of three goaltenders in Peoria he'll be one of two, and may well get the majority of starts.

Old
03-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
In Worcester He'd be one of three goaltenders in Peoria he'll be one of two, and may well get the majority of starts.
But, barring injuries, SJ won't recall him until Peoria is eliminated from the playoffs...so your scenario makes no sense.

Old
03-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Warren

Quote:
But, barring injuries, SJ won't recall him until Peoria is eliminated from the playoffs...so your scenario makes no sense.
How do you know there won't be an injury?
How do you know San Jose won't recall him whenever they wan't to, for whatever reason they wan't to? Is there an aspect to this agreement with Peoria that you know about that I don't?

Old
03-04-2012, 02:24 PM
BruinsSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullslugg View Post
Worcester right? My understanding he's just on loan for remainder of this year. Then back to Sharks next year.
Both Worcester and SJ. Ask Nolan Shaefer how a goalie loan work out for him with the Sharks.

Old
03-04-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
How do you know there won't be an injury?
How do you know San Jose won't recall him whenever they wan't to, for whatever reason they wan't to? Is there an aspect to this agreement with Peoria that you know about that I don't?
There's no way Peoria would accept a loan that isn't for the rest of their season. That's just not how things work in these type of things. Barring an injury is San Jose (and I'm not even certain Stalock would be the guy SJ would recall in any case) there is no chance he'll be recalled to the NHL until the Rivermen's season is over. He is essentially their player for the rest of the season.

Old
03-04-2012, 03:14 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Sharks need a 3rd goalie for the playoffs (and they can't use Anderson due to contract situation).

So, they can recall Niitty (after end of regular season, there's no reason for another team to claim him on reentry waivers except to **** with Sharks) or Stalock, or any of the three others.

Old
03-04-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Sharks need a 3rd goalie for the playoffs (and they can't use Anderson due to contract situation).

So, they can recall Niitty (after end of regular season, there's no reason for another team to claim him on reentry waivers except to **** with Sharks) or Stalock, or any of the three others.
And what has SJ done in the seasons Worcester made the playoffs?

Old
03-04-2012, 06:09 PM
dmband

Quote:
I knew you were going to post...Petrecki didn't do a single thing to earn that extra minor. MacDonald glove punched him, Petrecki shoved him back, MacDonald knocked off Petrecki's helmet, and then the both went at it. It was a pathetically bad call.

My two tweets about it:

Petrecki had at least one shift with the two goal lead because he blocked a shot by Sauve soon after Cunningham scored for Providence.
His last regulation shift tonight was before the melee that happened with over 6 minutes to go. That is despite Pelech spending at least two in the box during that time. Little different circumstance as they were trailing but Doherty played regularly down the stretch. He did get one OT shift with Pelech mid OT. It will be interesting over the next few weeks who plays as O'Hanley is settling in nicely in the rotation.

PS Connolly called up by Colorado today.

Old
03-04-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
His last regulation shift tonight was before the melee that happened with over 6 minutes to go. That is despite Pelech spending at least two in the box during that time. Little different circumstance as they were trailing but Doherty played regularly down the stretch. He did get one OT shift with Pelech mid OT. It will be interesting over the next few weeks who plays as O'Hanley is settling in nicely in the rotation.

PS Connolly called up by Colorado today.
For some reason they seem to think Doherty has more offensive upside than Petrecki...I think his 2 points in 50ish pro games has proven otherwise (not that Petrecki is an offensive juggernaut mind you, just obviously better than Doherty).

Old
03-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Sharksfan83

vCash: 50
Is Mashinter looking better? I notice he's on the score sheet a lot more lately.

Closed Thread