HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tank habs lose 3-1

Old
03-03-2012, 09:20 PM
GeneralManager*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Tanking is losing intentionally.

This team is not losing intentionally.
the players aren't but what about cunneyworth? is he a complete buffoon or is he doing his best to tank with his terrible matchups, lineups, and inability to create a system?

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Oh I just spotted a big winger in Nashville he scoredf 1 goal had 1 assist and had the second star. Hes UFA should we go after him?

Hal Gill is on freaking fire .. 2 points with the Preds so far..
Looool.

Story of our lives.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
there was no mess. We were a perfectly good team until Gauthier made 3 fatal mistakes

Choosing Markov over Wiz
Firing Martin
Trading Cammalleri for Bourque

We are comfortably in the playoffs in not for those three boneheaded moves.
Fireing Martin was his best move of the season. I don't care how much Cunneyworth sucks. Martin's system was the most horrible one I've had the "chance" to watch. He had as much emotion as his team.

We weren't a good team with Martin, we were an average, boring team that could've made the playoffs but would've certainly lose in the first round. We were going no where.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
The 800 pound elephant sitting in the corner of the Bell Centre arena must be addressed.

As much as some of you like to call this a tank and come up with cute tank pictures and cute tank names..............this is not a tank.

I repeat. What you are seeing on the ice is not a tank. This is a really poor team that has been mismanaged into irrelevance. Gauthier is worse than Houle could have ever imagined.

So use the expression of "tanking" as a defense mechanism to cover up reality. But the reality is still there. And we are a very very poor hockey team right now with very little to be optimistic about for the next several years........even more if Gauthier sticks around.

Now back to the celebration of the so called "tank".
Our goal differential isn't even that bad. Its just a case of a really badly coached team with a few holes in the lineup. Don't be so overly negative.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
the players aren't but what about cunneyworth? is he a complete buffoon or is he doing his best to tank with his terrible matchups, lineups, and inability to create a system?
I don't believe Cunneyworth's losing intentionnaly. He's playing for his coaching career right now... If he gets fired he still needs to go down fighting if ever he wants a job elsewhere.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Forgot to mention good to see the Habs still getting jobbed by the refs as well...the calls on Leblanc and Maxpac were both ****ing brutal.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Thorn

My first game at the Bell Centre in like 12 years, great seats awful show...

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Fireing Martin was his best move of the season. I don't care how much Cunneyworth sucks. Martin's system was the most horrible one I've had the "chance" to watch. He had as much emotion as his team.

We weren't a good team with Martin, we were an average, boring team that could've made the playoffs but would've certainly lose in the first round. We were going no where.
Haven't u watchd the last 30 games ?

Did I mention the big guy we need in nashville is ppg now ?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Haven't u watchd the last 30 games ?
There were exciting games in the lot. We might suck, but at least half the games are entertaining under RC. All of them were boring under JM.

Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
There were exciting games in the lot. We might suck, but at least half the games are entertaining under RC. All of them were boring under JM.
Viva la dump & chase then !

Old
Et le But

Quote:
there was no mess. We were a perfectly good team until Gauthier made 3 fatal mistakes

Choosing Markov over Wiz
Firing Martin

Giving Wiz 5.5 a year would have been horrible, but we've discussed that elsewhere. I mean people think Plekanec is overpaid, as a top 2 two way C making less than that. Markov was a calculated risk, and not having a veteran to back him up was a terrible move.

Firing Martin ended the season.

Trading Cammy for Bourque could work out in the long run (that cap space), but it killed whatever was left of this team.

Quote:
I don't know, I find winning more entertaining than losing personally.

This was Martin's worst season in charge, but the team wasn't nearly as atrocious as it has been under Cunneyworth.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:28 PM
wedge

to be honest, I'm relieved we lost this one. Leafs would have been in contention for our 3rd overall pick if they had lost.

Now they're 7 points in front of us. So that's good.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

With the D corps JM had, he at least had the team playing competitive with his system. RC is way in over his head.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:30 PM
SherbrookeW

Trading AK46 was a genuinely insane move. He's a frustrating player, because he has elite skills and doesn't use them regularly, but he's big, he hits , he's extraordinarily talented, and once he arrives on a team that doesn't clutter his mind or play by asking him to do too much, he'll be a thirty five goal scorer. On his way now with Nashville. Just one more in the line of crazy giveaway players -- Grabs is another -- who management gave up on instead of finding a way to use.
BTW: anyone notice that we've gotten bigger, tougher, scrappier, fightier, and more sandpapery -- and worse and worse and worse and worse?

SherbrookeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
When there is no real argument, people pull out that "at least it's entertaining" bs.

But perhaps you're right, it's more entertaining now because there are more goals... for the other team.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GeneralManager*

Quote:

Choosing Markov over Wiz
Firing Martin

It wasn't his intention because he's a moron, but i'd gladly take a lottery pick for these stupid decisions.

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

AK is a PPG player in Nashville...

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherbrookeW View Post
Trading AK46 was a genuinely insane move. He's a frustrating player, because he has elite skills and doesn't use them regularly, but he's big, he hits , he's extraordinarily talented, and once he arrives on a team that doesn't clutter his mind or play by asking him to do too much, he'll be a thirty five goal scorer. On his way now with Nashville. Just one more in the line of crazy giveaway players -- Grabs is another -- who management gave up on instead of finding a way to use.
BTW: anyone notice that we've gotten bigger, tougher, scrappier, fightier, and more sandpapery -- and worse and worse and worse and worse?
Yep, it's all part of the master plan...the one I'm sure Gauthier has.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:33 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherbrookeW View Post
We traded him away for nothing too... and he said he would have taken less money to stay here.

Montreal loves moving on from players even if they get NOTHING in return, they think that's cool.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
AK is a PPG player in Nashville...
Yepp.

Oh and I rewatched the 3rd goal.. And how in the hell was this Weber fault ?

He's the new AK... He's gonna go elsewhere and be a good player ....

You ''fans'' are the reason why this team sucks.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Montreal loves moving on from players ESPECIALLY if they get NOTHING in return, they think that's cool.
fixed it for you

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:35 PM
sammy d

Enough with the AK crap, he's gone, get over it. Next year the Preds forum will be saying the same thing thats been said on here the past 5 years, he's inconsistent, he has the potential to score 35 goals, blah blah blah. I could care less what a player on another team does, he had to go to make this team better in the future.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:36 PM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
My first game at the Bell Centre in like 12 years, great seats awful show...

so you chose to go to a habs game and pay $100 per ticket in the worse year the Habs are having in 40 years and you complain?
I think you got the tickets free because the HABS LOSE and now your complaining about your free tickets.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:37 PM
FF de Mars

The only other way around would have been to trade Cammy for a 1st (as it even possible?). AK and Bourque are pretty similar to me. And Bourque is a dandy at 3M for the 3rd line with Eller.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
When there is no real argument, people pull out that "at least it's entertaining" bs.

But perhaps you're right, it's more entertaining now because there are more goals... for the other team.
Next year will be different. They better retool the team and make it competitive. We shouldn't be dead last again.

But this year? Jesus, tank to the end. We could lose all remaining games and it'd be alright. My point is, since we're about to lose most games, at least make it entertaining. If JM stayed here, we'd be a middle pack team. I don't think we'd be in the playoffs even with Martin, but that's my opinion, and I might be wrong. We weren't going in the right direction anyways.