HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tank habs lose 3-1

Old
03-03-2012, 09:37 PM
GeneralManager*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherbrookeW View Post
Trading AK46 was a genuinely insane move. He's a frustrating player, because he has elite skills and doesn't use them regularly, but he's big, he hits , he's extraordinarily talented, and once he arrives on a team that doesn't clutter his mind or play by asking him to do too much, he'll be a thirty five goal scorer. On his way now with Nashville. Just one more in the line of crazy giveaway players -- Grabs is another -- who management gave up on instead of finding a way to use.
BTW: anyone notice that we've gotten bigger, tougher, scrappier, fightier, and more sandpapery -- and worse and worse and worse and worse?
Kostitsyn i guarantee you will be a 25-35 goal scorer now that he left montreal. just another example of our moronic asset management and constant tendency to trade players when their values are minimized and getting nothing in return. how many 2nd round picks in the last 5 years have turned into scorers like kostitsyn? maybe 2 (lucie and simmonds)...trading first round talent, with nothing in the system to replace his scoring for a 3% chance of something that MIGHT replace kostitsyn in 4-5 years...this is how our management thinks. ****ing ridiculous. we should have kept kostitsyn UNLESS we got a good first round pick or a prospect with kosty's upside...instead we got junk.

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I can't believe gauthier didn't want to trade Kaberle, campoli at the deadline.
isn't kabs 5th in points on the team, if you want to crap on someone, try Eller
he's a forward with very few points

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Enough with the AK crap, he's gone, get over it. Next year the Preds forum will be saying the same thing thats been said on here the past 5 years, he's inconsistent, he has the potential to score 35 goals, blah blah blah. I could care less what a player on another team does, he had to go to make this team better in the future.
you fail, that's not gonna happen.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Enough with the AK crap, he's gone, get over it. Next year the Preds forum will be saying the same thing thats been said on here the past 5 years, he's inconsistent, he has the potential to score 35 goals, blah blah blah. I could care less what a player on another team does, he had to go to make this team better in the future.
It's funny how we've been hearing that line every time we get lubed and anal'd in a deal.

How about we move on and fire all the clowns that had a hand in the mess this team is in and actually get better in the future?

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
No he made the team better in the past, present AND future.

He was used as a 4th liner.. and needed to dump and chase

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:40 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
It's funny how we've been hearing that line every time we get lubed and anal'd in a deal.

How about we move on and fire all the clowns that had a hand in the mess this team is in and actually get better in the future?
lubed and anal'd in a deal

Welcome to the Gainey/Gauthier era

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Et le But

Even if Kostitsyn is only an inconsistent 20 goal a year scorer and we should have drafted Getzlaf etc, he's still better than every winger we have except Cole, Patches and Gionta.

Maybe that 2nd pick can get us another grinder though!

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:42 PM
GeneralManager*

Quote:
Said the same thing about Ribeiro...now look at him...first line center on a team much better than ours. Said the same thing about Sergei, now a first line player playing on a great team with a coach that loves his game. Grabovski? McDonagh? I can go on and on.

Go look up the past 2nd rounders in the past 5 years, how many of them have produced like Andre? inconsistently scoring 20-30 goals is better than a 2nd round pick or some scrub AHLer that may be lucky to score 10 goals in 2 years (that is who has replaced him)....and we wonder why we don't score. We trade our talent for pieces of trash.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Haven't u watchd the last 30 games ?

Did I mention the big guy we need in nashville is ppg now ?
PPG?! Now?! He's had like 30-40 points in his last 3-4 games?! Crazy, how did the Habs let that one go?!

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
PPG?! Now?! He's had like 30-40 points in his last 3-4 games?! Crazy, how did the Habs let that one go?!
PPG with the preds.. 2 in 2 . BOOYAH

Old
03-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Fuelled by Passion

So any thought of next scapegoat yet? Grabovski is gone, SK-74 and AK-46 are gone, but the losing mentality is still there. Come on "real" fans I know you can point the blaming finger on next "cancer"

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
So any thought of next scapegoat yet? Grabovski is gone, SK-74 and AK-46 are gone, but the losing mentality is still there. Come on "real" fans I know you can point the blaming finger on next "cancer"
Weber has more hate than anyone on this team.

Old
Et le But

Quote:
You already have half this board trying to drive Plekanec out of town, if the management follows he will be traded for a late 1st on draft day.

Old
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Price. +/- of -2 tonight. No points.

Bust

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Tusk

Quote:
PPG with the preds.. 2 in 2 . BOOYAH
Whoah? I've never seen a player get 2 points in 2 games, phenomenal!!!

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
I dont miss any of those soft players. Maybe we should add Plekanec to the group?

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:47 PM
blueinmtl

wow what trash. At least we can fight and don't back down so much anymore. CBC will now place cameras for the Cup parade through Toronto, judging by their rapture.

3rd goal Weber ****s the dog at the blue line and has to chase, as per his usual. Not an NHL d-man.

Kabs sucks, Campoli played alright, Bourque and Eller are oil and water so far. I am wondering if they shouldn't, for the hell of it (because the season is done), try Plex between Patches and Cole, and shift DD to Eller's wing with either Bourque or Leblanc on the other side. Might give that line a bit more and might get Plex working on the o again. Again, season is over, try something out?

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:49 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
with the way this year has gone we would probably end up falling 4 spots in the lottery anyways
You can't. You can only fall one spot back.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GeneralManager*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
lubed and anal'd in a deal

Welcome to the Gainey/Gauthier era

haha no kidding. Poor trevor timmins. We essentially lost Mcdonagh, andrei kostitsyn, sergei kostitsyn, mark streit, guillaume latendresse, matt d'agostini, chris higgins, max lapierre, grabovski for scott gomez, a 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick

Old
Muminek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Price. +/- of -2 tonight. No points.

Bust
Let`s trade him for Reimer. 0 goals against tonight.

Muminek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Weber has more hate than anyone on this team.
Weber deserves most of his flack, but when we trade him for nothing I expect him to go back to the AHL where he belongs and for Habs fans to cry when he emerges in a few years as a real NHL player.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:51 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I dont miss any of those soft players. Maybe we should add Plekanec to the group?
What did you think of his penalty killing tonight? It was great, hardly soft as you imply. And he's playing with 4th-liners / thugs on his wings. But don't let actual on-ice performance cloud your bias.

I'd gladly let 14 go for the right deal, you imply that he is soft, worthless, overpaid, unskilled and an all-around detriment. What would you possibly hope to get for that kind of player, a 5th-rounder at best?

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:53 PM
habtastic

the biggest mistake of letting AK go was that him and Eller were money. They broke them up or didn't give them ice time and it dried up. How did they not see that Eller - AK - Moen statistically was very very good!?

Bourque is really pissing me off. I don't miss Cammy, but bourque not only plays like he doesn't care (which is the knock on him), but doesn't even try to hide it. Does he take ambien before the games? How does a goal scorer like him miss such an easy pass like in the first period?

Patofqc, give Pleks some wingers and a chan...oh never mind.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Et le But

You can say a lot about the way Plekanec is playing lately but "soft" is definitely not one of them. Cunneyworth is going to make him go postal by the end of the season.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:54 PM
GoGionta

Send a message via AIM to GoGionta Send a message via MSN to GoGionta
Tanktastic team!

GoGionta is offline   Reply With Quote