HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Yes!!! The Bruins help our tank again, the Isles win in regulation. We needed that, the Isles have a brutal schedule the next few days.

Boston's 4 losses to the Hurricanes and now this game...do we say, huh, thanks?

Hopefully Carolina can beat what should be a tired TB team tonight.

Old
03-03-2012, 03:52 PM
rockjngo

vCash: 500
From what I've seen, I think Mikhail Grigorenko will be better than Alex Galchenyuk. Both will be stars for sure. Grigo could be a 100 point player but playing with MTL, he'll probably get 80-90 (20-30 goals a year). Alex Galchenyuk will be an 80 point (30-40 goals) player. It's gonna be tough for Timmins to choose. Both have size 6'2", 200lbs. Then you add in the Forsberg factor who is 6'1" 200lbs can light up 30-40 goals but won't get more than 70 points. These 3 guys are very close so we have to pick base on position.

I think these guys will go in this order.

#1 Nail Yakupov (CLB)
#2 Mikhail Grigorenko (EDM or MTL)
#3 Filip Forsberg (EDM or MTL)
#4 Alex Galchenyuk (NYI or CAR)
#5 Ryan Murray (NYI or CAR)

Old
03-03-2012, 05:11 PM
uocooco

Man it's so hard to know who's better after Yakupov...

One day I think it's Grigorenko, the other day it's Galchenyuk, and then it's Forsberg...

I hope Timmins will pick the right one.

Old
03-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Beckham View Post
Man it's so hard to know who's better after Yakupov...

One day I think it's Grigorenko, the other day it's Galchenyuk, and then it's Forsberg...

I hope Timmins will pick the right one.
Same here, but I've got 100% confidence in Timmins. Even if he picks Dumba or whoever, I trust him.

Old
03-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Roulin

Any news on Galchenyuk's return?

What will the stretch run look like for the top guys - does this look right?

Yakupov - OHL playoffs
Grigorenko - Q playoffs
Murray - nothing
Dumba - U18
Forsberg - U18
Trouba - U18 (just turned 18 last week, is he still eligible for this?)

Old
03-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Timmins will pick the best character of them all. That is generally the best choice. The fact Grigo takes english class 5 times a week is a sign he really wants to play in North America and the NHL.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Et le But

Yakupov..if only...

Old
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Timmins will pick the best character of them all. That is generally the best choice. The fact Grigo takes english class 5 times a week is a sign he really wants to play in North America and the NHL.
His English is miles ahead of Yakupov's. I heard Yaks at the WJC, and the Grigs interview at some prospect site, and wow. World of difference. Grigs speaks a cleaner English than probably most people in Quebec city.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
His English is miles ahead of Yakupov's. I heard Yaks at the WJC, and the Grigs interview at some prospect site, and wow. World of difference. Grigs speaks a cleaner English than probably most people in Quebec city.
Malkin's English is still terrible, does that have anything to do with his work ethic?

Some people pick up languages faster than others. There's a lot of reasons for it. It might show intelligence and commitment from Grigo, but it might also have very little to do with his drive on the ice.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Malkin's English is still terrible, does that have anything to do with his work ethic?

Some people pick up languages faster than others. There's a lot of reasons for it. It might show intelligence and commitment from Grigo, but it might also have very little to do with his drive on the ice.
Where did I say anything about drive and work ethic?

Old
03-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Where did I say anything about drive and work ethic?
I assumed you were implying it has something to do with his work ethic. Maybe not. His English is definitely impressive, but it's hard to read much about it beyond that he's not in a rush to run back home.

Old
03-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I assumed you were implying it has something to do with his work ethic. Maybe not. His English is definitely impressive, but it's hard to read much about it beyond that he's not in a rush to run back home.
Uh...sure?

The good thing is at this rate, we might be able to get him talking French before he gets to the NHL

Old
03-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Uh...sure?

The good thing is at this rate, we might be able to get him talking French before he gets to the NHL
Let him focus on learning French while we enter the Mackinnon sweepstakes next year.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:08 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Same here, but I've got 100% confidence in Timmins. Even if he picks Dumba or whoever, I trust him.
I don't, not with first round picks or high end talent... actually, I'm **** scared he'll flop on this oh so very important pick.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:18 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I don't, not with first round picks or high end talent... actually, I'm **** scared he'll flop on this oh so very important pick.
Last top 5 pick = Carey Price. I'm hoping he will find the same type of franchise player as he did before.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:20 PM
MTLScout

If we draft third and both Yakupov, Grigo already drafted, anyone opposed to drafting Ryan Murray (Scott Niedermayer comparison) or Jacob Trouba (stud in WJ)

Old
03-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Et le But

Scouts can only do so much with this though. If we get one of the top 4 forwards who isn't Yakupov, it's basically a crapshoot. They all have different risks and different rewards. Grigorenko is further along than Galchenyuk (because of the injury) and Forsberg (who is the youngest and least developed), but beyond that there is definitely an element of luck here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLScout View Post
If we draft third and both Yakupov, Grigo already drafted, anyone opposed to drafting Ryan Murray (Scott Niedermayer comparison) or Jacob Trouba (stud in WJ)
I'm not opposed to it because going BPA is the golden rule for avoiding busts, but as neither Murray or Trouba is a must pick for me, Galchenyuk and Forsberg are more appealing because we desperately need forward strength. I'm not a fan of Murray. But this is where the scouting can make a difference.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:30 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
I only want us to take a D if all 4 (Yakupov,Grigo,Galchenyuk and Forsberg) are gone.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:30 PM
MTLScout

I don't really like Forsberg (based on WJ viewing), and I a huge Galchenyuk fan, hoping he comes back and tears it in playoffs. Although, I can really see Timmins picking Murray going by BPA. I wouldn't mind though. People say he can play in the NHL next year.

Imagine in three years...
Subban-Georges
Tinordi-Beaulieu
Murray-Emelin

Old
03-03-2012, 10:36 PM
le_sean

Quote:
I don't really like Forsberg (based on WJ viewing), and I a huge Galchenyuk fan, hoping he comes back and tears it in playoffs. Although, I can really see Timmins picking Murray going by BPA. I wouldn't mind though. People say he can play in the NHL next year.

Imagine in three years...
Subban-Georges
Tinordi-Beaulieu
Murray-Emelin
I wouldn't really be surprised. Smooth skating, defenceman, character guy (captain at 17). Doing decent on a very poor offensive team.

I can imagine everyone crying on these boards if it happened though.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Roulin

Quote:
That's one of the big debates - to D or not to D, if BPA? I'm all for it.

In my viewings Murray didn't quite have Niedermayer's offensive flair. Still, a very smart and complete player.

I loved Trouba's play at the WJC. Very aggressive and physical along the boards and in front of his net, and smart plays in open ice. Going to Michigan can't hurt his stock with the Habs.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:40 PM
rockjngo

If we pick top 5, Ryan Murray would not be a good choice. He isn't a franchise player by any means. I see him as a better Josh Gorges. We are loaded on defense prospects. Bealieau, Tinordi, Emelin add them with Subban, Gorges we are solid. What we need is a center so I believe we will get one of the two Grigorenko or Galchuyuk.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:49 PM
MTLScout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
That's one of the big debates - to D or not to D, if BPA? I'm all for it.

In my viewings Murray didn't quite have Niedermayer's offensive flair. Still, a very smart and complete player.

I loved Trouba's play at the WJC. Very aggressive and physical along the boards and in front of his net, and smart plays in open ice. Going to Michigan can't hurt his stock with the Habs.
Yup, Trouba was a stud in the WJ, probably their best d with our Tinordi coming second. IF we do draft Trouba, I can see him leaving Michigan a little early, play a year in the Q and end up in our farm kind of like LL

Old
03-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Yup, Trouba was a stud in the WJ, probably their best d with our Tinordi coming second. IF we do draft Trouba, I can see him leaving Michigan a little early, play a year in the Q and end up in our farm kind of like LL
He's Kitchener property.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Teamwork

The lottery is coming up fast

Closed Thread