HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tank habs lose 3-1

Old
03-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Weber deserves most of his flack, but when we trade him for nothing I expect him to go back to the AHL where he belongs and for Habs fans to cry when he emerges in a few years as a real NHL player.
Not really.

He gets the AK treatment.

Whenever he does great things (Most of the time..) he's overlooked. (Like hitting the net ...Or like the 3 chance he gave us by hitting the net(oh and he almost scored a goal..))

Then he makes an error and the earth stops turning. He's a offensive dman who has been thrown from side to side like old panties with no confidence. TOP IT ALL UP BY BEING 23.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Not really.

Whenever he does great things (Most of the time..) he's overlooked. (Like hitting the net ...Or like the 3 chance he gave us by hitting the net(oh and he almost scored a goal..))

Then he makes an error and the earth stops turning. He's a offensive dman who has been thrown from side to side like old panties with no confidence. TOP IT ALL UP BY BEING 23.
The AK treatment? He's getting the Brisebois treatment.

I don't think he's playing very well at the moment, but the amount of flak he gets is ridiculous.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Weber deserves most of his flack, but when we trade him for nothing I expect him to go back to the AHL where he belongs and for Habs fans to cry when he emerges in a few years as a real NHL player.
Of all the players who I think have been given a chance, don't really do much and who could or have gone to other teams, I'm least worried about Weber becoming anything great. He has his moments, but he has run out the clock on becoming anything. Diaz is much better than him IMO. It was funny when he threw some leaf into the boards. Then again, we could have gotten a #1 pick for him

I'm not sad Grabo and Ribeiro are gone. SK, it's hard to tell because really I think AK has had a much better attitude than his brother. In the grand scheme of things, those other guys are putting up points, but aside from SK who happens to be on a team with some pretty awesome players aren't winning the cup any time soon. I'm happy with developing what we have and getting some quality players for Plekanec to return to form with. What we got in return in those deals...another story.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Not really.

I'm one of the bigger Weber defenders here. I think there's definitely an NHLer in there. He was very good for the first half of the game, playing physical, and looking dangerous on both ends. He was good on the PP too. But then he made his typical mistakes.

I would hate to give him up for nothing but he's not going to develop under this terrible coaching. The truth is I just don't think we have room for him with more well rounded defenders a year or so away, I'd like to be wrong though. I think he has Streit-like potential (Streit wasn't good enough for the AHL at Weber's age), but you can never be sure, Streit was a strange case.

I blame the management more than Weber, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Of all the players who I think have been given a chance, don't really do much and who could or have gone to other teams, I'm least worried about Weber becoming anything great. He has his moments, but he has run out the clock on becoming anything. Diaz is much better than him IMO. It was funny when he threw some leaf into the boards. Then again, we could have gotten a #1 pick for him

I'm not sad Grabo and Ribeiro are gone. SK, it's hard to tell because really I think AK has had a much better attitude than his brother. In the grand scheme of things, those other guys are putting up points, but aside from SK who happens to be on a team with some pretty awesome players aren't winning the cup any time soon. I'm happy with developing what we have and getting some quality players for Plekanec to return to form with. What we got in return in those deals...another story.
I mostly agree, I think Habs fans tend to overrate these guys but the asset management was definitely poor.

Grabovski is a scum, he's done nothing lately but when he plays the Habs he suddenly tries harder. I don't miss him, I just wish he wasn't basically given away. The Kostitsyns aren't superstars and Sergei is arrogant but there was no reason to throw them away.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:05 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Even if Kostitsyn is only an inconsistent 20 goal a year scorer and we should have drafted Getzlaf etc, he's still better than every winger we have except Cole, Patches and Gionta.

Maybe that 2nd pick can get us another grinder though!
Why does everyone love Getzlaf? He's got 45 points playing on a team with Perry, Selanne and Ryan.

Desharnaines has more points.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:07 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
I'm one of the bigger Weber defenders here. I think there's definitely an NHLer in there. He was very good for the first half of the game, playing physical, and looking dangerous on both ends. He was good on the PP too. But then he made his typical mistakes.

I would hate to give him up for nothing but he's not going to develop under this terrible coaching. The truth is I just don't think we have room for him with more well rounded defenders a year or so away, I'd like to be wrong though. I think he has Streit-like potential (Streit wasn't good enough for the AHL at Weber's age), but you can never be sure, Streit was a strange case.

I blame the management more than Weber, that's for sure.

I mostly agree, I think Habs fans tend to overrate these guys but the asset management was definitely poor.

Grabovski is a scum, he's done nothing lately but when he plays the Habs he suddenly tries harder. I don't miss him, I just wish he wasn't basically given away. The Kostitsyns aren't superstars and Sergei is arrogant but there was no reason to throw them away.
I just see Weber making the same mistakes, over and over. either he doesn't get it or someone is not getting the message through. He has his moments but so does Staubitz (alright too extreme there).

Personally don't think Weber has what it takes, but again, that big grey area with all Habs players past and present: who knows, with the right coaching staff and management in place?

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fuelled by Passion

So all this guys are scum and arrogant when they play in Montreal, but have no issues when they leave the city? I would say it doesn't make sense but whatever

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Randy CunnyTANK

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:09 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
It's funny how we've been hearing that line every time we get lubed and anal'd in a deal.

How about we move on and fire all the clowns that had a hand in the mess this team is in and actually get better in the future?
It least we got lube. Could be worse.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Andros777

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Why does everyone love Getzlaf? He's got 45 points playing on a team with Perry, Selanne and Ryan.

Look at his career, not just this season. He's been over a PPG the past four years. He's also huge.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:11 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
So all this guys are scum and arrogant when they play in Montreal, but have no issues when they leave the city? I would say it doesn't make sense but whatever

Two words come to mind. Gainey and Gauthier. Followed by two more. Carbonneau and Martin.

Those 4 men embody ineptitude.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:13 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
wow what trash. At least we can fight and don't back down so much anymore. CBC will now place cameras for the Cup parade through Toronto, judging by their rapture.

3rd goal Weber ****s the dog at the blue line and has to chase, as per his usual. Not an NHL d-man.

Kabs sucks, Campoli played alright, Bourque and Eller are oil and water so far. I am wondering if they shouldn't, for the hell of it (because the season is done), try Plex between Patches and Cole, and shift DD to Eller's wing with either Bourque or Leblanc on the other side. Might give that line a bit more and might get Plex working on the o again. Again, season is over, try something out?
Deck Chairs.

Titanic.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Grabovski is still scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post

I think he's incredibly overrated personally, he's very talented but always has better talent around him. But he seems to be the gold standard of "big tough centers" that Habs fans obsess over. That we could have drafted him makes the obsession greater.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:14 PM
GeneralManager*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
Look at his career, not just this season. He's been over a PPG the past four years. He's also huge.
look at gomez's career....

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:15 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Deck Chairs.

Titanic.
Of course.

No need to make the band stop playing though.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:16 PM
MTLScout

Draft Grigo with our second.
Trade Plek and draft Forsberg
Let them develop for one year.
Tank next year, pick second overall (we will win our way out of the first overall) Draft Seth Jones
Cup run for 2013-2014

Tank on

MTLScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Okay guys, back from the game. Here's my report.

1st period was the best period of the night for the Habs. Strong on the puck, physical along the boards and in the neutral zone, creating chances and being the better team. Staubitz really showed his worth when he put on a good fight with Brown and bulldozed over Liles and then smashed Phaneuf.

2nd and 3rd period was basically the crap we've been subjected to for the entire season. Dump and wait. They played so passive, it almost seemed like they knew the Leafs would score, they were just sitting around and waiting for it to happen instead of challenging shooters and being more aggressive in the neutral zone.

Campoli played his best game as a Hab tonight. Weber played defensively to the best possible way that I have ever seen. Gorges still continues to make all the right choices down low and Subban was threatening to score and hit all night. Emelin disappointed me a bit, not because he didn't hit anything, but because he didn't attempt to challenge the puck carrier. He looked shy out there tonight. Kaberle is a bum. Simple as that. Wants no part in physicality, makes poor decisions in all three zones. I can't take him anymore.

Desharnais-Pacioretty-Cole line is quite simply the Habs only real line tonight. They created all the chances - and the goal - and the crowd was into it when they were out there. Given, injuries again have hurt the team's chemistry, these three don't stop giving an effort. Geoffrion, Leblanc and Engqvist need to go back to the AHL once injuries are over and the Habs have a full roster again. Geoffrion played like a second line Bulldog, Leblanc is not nearly strong enough yet for the NHL and Engqvist... When these three were out, the puck was constantly turned over. When any of them went for a hit, it felt like they didn't care about the puck, they just wanted to hear the boards crash a bit and hear the crowd cheer. Yet every time they played the body, the end result was the puck leaving the Leafs zone. White had a rough game offensively but still played physical enough to have the crowd on his side. Staubitz was loved for his play too.

And then there is Bourque. I won't say anything. I don't want to extend this post to a wall-like rant. The only thing good to come out of this trade was the cap space saved. Otherwise, Bourque is an absolute ghost out there. Cammalleri may have been as useless with the Habs in the days leading up to the trade, but Calgary came out as winners of the trade based on the fact that they will get more out of Cammalleri then the Canadiens will get out of Bourque OR could ever get out of Cammalleri themselves.

I'm done now. I still had fun, my son loved the game. Too bad we had to leave a bit early due to a handful of classless Leafs fans shouting out racist remarks towards Subban and Desharnais. Even other Leafs fans were telling them to shut up. Rather disappointing way to end my son's 6th birthday.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:19 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
That Latendresse trade was awful, not only did we trade a good winger but the winger we got for him isnt on the team anymore
Lats had a great half season with Minny, but then Pouliot had a decent half season with the Habs the year they were traded for each other. Since then Lats has played 27 games over 2 years for Minny. So far, that trade has been a bust for both teams. Pouliot's gone from Montreal and who knows when Lats will play again.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:20 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
Of course.

No need to make the band stop playing though.
Well played! Was trying to get a reference to the band in there as well, but too dumb today...

Old
03-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
To be fair you guys got the 31st OA pick for Grabo, that was a good pick.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:30 PM
GeneralManager*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
habs traded that pick to move up and get tinordi....ugh.

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:32 PM
MTLScout

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
Worked out well considering Tinordi is developing well and probably would have been gone at 31.

In other news, I thought Eller played great

MTLScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:36 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Thanks Grabo for helping us land Grigorenko. Our franchise center for the next 20 years.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:38 PM
schumway2

Quote:
No we traded it for Robert Lang. Enjoy

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Didn't we trade it for Robert Lang?

Seb is online now   Reply With Quote