- Three in a row? Within two of the Jets? Are you freakin' kidding me?
- Leino. PKing and center seem to be agreeing with him. Two goals? Seriously? Good.
- Gerbe bringing the wheels and pushing the pace.
- Sekera. Kishire put it best -- he's a beaut.
- Ennis-Hodgson-Stafford again the best line period to period. Pace, chances, good d? Yes. The empty netter was a capper on a good night.
- Boyes has almost doubled his goal output since the trade deadline. If it wasn't so terrible, it'd be funny.
- First win in Vancouver in 13 years.
The Bad -
- Didn't like Leo at all on the second Vancouver goal.
- Didn't like Miller's rebound control on the second Vancouver goal.
- Penalty parade.
- No liking Alka-Sulzer out there. Get well Robyn.
The Ugly -
- Dubious officiating. The call on Kaleta and the second "high stick" penalty stunk the most.
- Watching Kassian engaged again. A goal and an assist? Seriously? And him (as predicted) trying to head hunt on his ex-teammates.
- Foligno sitting.
- Roy and Vanek. Pominville wasn't far behind.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
2 more points, beating the first place team in their building
Converting on our chances
I thought we played a great 3rd period with the lead. Matched them in controlling zone time and chances and hung on.
Refs in the 2nd
Almost blowing the lead in the 3rd
--Bottom 6: Gerbe-Leino-Kaleta, Ellis-Boyes-Tropp. And not just the production (Leino x2, Boyes, Ehrhoff), but the sustained pressure. You can't beat the Canucks if they're camped in your end, and while the Canucks got their chances, these guys controlled the play and got plenty of zone time.
--Kaleta gets an extra mention, Great game from him.
--Sekera. We should just rename the good section the Sekera. My god, is this guy great or what? Wow.
--EHS in the 3rd period. Nothing great in the first two, but I thought they had some real solid shifts in the 3rd and got rewarded with the empty netter.
--Miller when he needed to be. Yeah, he probably wants one of those first two goals back, but he made enough saves early, and against Vancouver...I'll take his performance. The offense gave him much needed goal support though.
--VRP. Come on guys.
--That 2nd goal defensive coverage. Horrible.
--Sylvester and icing calls.
--Kassian getting a pair of points
--Vanek. Where are you buddy??
--Refs. 'Nuff said.