HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Futbol II

Old
03-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Kallejohansson

vCash: 500
Although i don't like Serie A that much, it's too slow, Zlatan is one of the most entertaining players to watch when he's on his game. That strenght and ability to hide the ball from the opponent is incredible. Scored a hat trick in 14 minutes versus Palermo earlier today.

Swedens best player without a doubt the last decade, fixed the W against Croatia earlier this week all by himself basically.

Kallejohansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
Wasn't suggesting he comes there. Though, at least Liverpool have no problem buying players instead of padding the pockets of the owners.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:41 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Wasn't suggesting he comes there. Though, at least Liverpool have no problem buying players instead of padding the pockets of the owners.
Which makes its string of non-top 4 finishes compared to Arsenal's streak even more hilarious.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Millhaus

Entertaining start to the Rome derby. Roma goes down a man and a PK goal 8 minutes in and tie it up 8 minutes later. Lazio need to step it up as even down a man Roma look the much better team.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Millhaus

So anyone surprised that Abramovich pulled the pin on Villas-Boas less than a year into his long term deal?

I can't remember all the managers who have been there since he bought that club.

Old
03-06-2012, 02:13 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Fantastic start for Arsenal....2-0 early, trying to make history.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 02:29 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

RVP 3-0.....this is fun.

Old
03-06-2012, 02:31 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallejohansson View Post
Although i don't like Serie A that much, it's too slow, Zlatan is one of the most entertaining players to watch when he's on his game. That strenght and ability to hide the ball from the opponent is incredible. Scored a hat trick in 14 minutes versus Palermo earlier today.

Swedens best player without a doubt the last decade, fixed the W against Croatia earlier this week all by himself basically.
Great player when he tries...no doubt...

Old
03-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Otaru

Huge Milan fan here... Was very disappointed with their showing today. Although they've always had problems with Premier League teams (Tottenham last year for example). =/

Edit: The team really misses Pirlo.

Otaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 04:26 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Chelsea win in the FA Cup (yay).

Apeol with a great win on pk's into the quarters of the Champions League.

Old
03-07-2012, 07:58 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...logne-transfer

Can't wait to see him in the EPL. Seems cheap.

Old
03-08-2012, 02:20 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Messi....wow.

Old
03-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Millhaus

Citeh...

Old
03-12-2012, 02:29 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Swansea over City was fun...

Old
03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Millhaus

Gooners...!

Old
03-13-2012, 02:37 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
What a huge goal. Love the counter attack ending with the centerback finishing in the box.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Millhaus

Interesting draw for the Champions League. For either Barca or Milan to win it all they are going to have to go through each other and then likely Chelski, and then likely either Bayern or Madrid.

Embarrassing for the two Manchester clubs to crash out of the Europa League in the round of 16.

Old
03-17-2012, 03:35 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm still celebrating the win over Napoli....what a huge game.

Old
03-21-2012, 05:10 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Wow nearly a perfect 4 results for Arsenal tonight, I'll take what happened though I would have rather seen Liverpool win or draw if I had to miss on one, over Tottenham getting anything. A win on Saturday puts Arsenal in a great spot no matter what cause Tottenham and Chelsea are playing eachother.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:07 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

The biggest game day in March is finally here. It looked big when the month started but has gotten huge since the last couple weeks.

Bolton's first game (and at home) since the scary incident - should be a lot of spirit in the stands and on the pitch for the Wanderers, who face off against Blackburn in a relegation battle

Tottenham vs Chelsea - 4v5 matchup, Chelsea needs the 3 points to close the gap but would be fine I think as long as they can get 1, Chelsea seem more likely to be picking up points down the stretch so they need to not give Tottenham any confidence (as injuries are starting to take their toll on the Spurs). Stamford Bridge has the feature matchup for sure this Saturday, with Arsenal vs Tottenham already being played out, this match and the Arsenal vs Chelsea match later this season being the biggest 2 matches in the battle for 3rd and 4th.

Arsenal host Villa - Villa are a proven club in the league and can knock any of the contenders off home or away if they catch them right. They haven't had their best season but they did get to rest this week as their mid-week game against Bolton was postponed, so they might be able to catch a tired Arsenal or take advantage of any of the subs rotated in, depending on the lineup the Gunners yield. Villa is certainly much further down the standings than they are used to and I believe they will see this as a game they have a chance to take the 3 points in, especially with their rest. With the 2 teams behind them guaranteed to see some sort of slip in the standings, its absolutely crucial for Arsenal to take advantage and give themselves some sort of gap, whether the gap is between 3rd and 4th or 3rd and 5th - 3 points for Arsenal would mean that it widens.

Swansea vs Everton - yeah I said it. The first Welsh side in their first Prem season are the story people SHOULD be talking about, the Swans find themselves 3 points back of Liverpool in 8th place with just 9 games to go. A lot of the pundits had them as the sure fire bottom of the table team coming into this season and they are making them all fools. Everton finds themselves 2 points back of the Swans on their way to Liberty Stadium, though there are 6 teams within 3 points of the Swans so its a long fall from 8th, it would be a big 3 points for either side to try and work their way into a top 10 finish, which both teams at this point would be expecting to make.

Stoke host City, Stoke are one of the teams you expect the top teams to beat but they are never easy especially in their fortress. Britannia Fortress has been tough on the top teams this year as Liverpool and Tottenham both lost to Stoke, and Chelsea and United could both only managed a point. City look to be the first of the big 6 to win away at Stoke, if they don't manage it Arsenal make their way in a few weeks (note: Newcastle won 1-3 vs Stoke and are currently in 6th so could be argued that one top team has won there).

Last edited by AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar: 03-24-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old
03-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Millhaus

Spurs outplayed Chelski but the Blues held on for the draw at home. The idea that Chelski are happy to have just gotten a point at home says all there is to say about where that club is at the moment.

Old
03-24-2012, 10:58 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Yeah, Arsenal have the toughest schedule down the stretch, but Chelsea still have UCL and FA cup and Tottenham have FA Cup, not having extra mid-week games might help out Arsenal in the end. That was probably the most dominating half I've seen Arsenal play all season, though they only came out ahead 2-0, the third one would have put this one out of reach, but the Villa defense really cleaned up well from their lack of midfield and fullback presence in the game. I never like to say a game is over 2-0 going into halftime though even as much as Arsenal dominated.

I couldn't really root for Chelsea or Tottenham this morning I kept trying to figure out the better result for Arsenal but either way it seemed like I could find scenarios to balance it out, if Arsenal finish off Villa then the draw this morning was the best result probably. Tottenham's schedule down the stretch is pretty cozy so I think Chelsea might look back to this past week and have a lot of regrets with blowing hte lead to City and now not even really trying to score against the Spurs.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:59 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Arteta!! Just when I was about to complain about watching the full 2nd half he puts an exclamation point on it.

Wigan win away to Liverpool 1-2. Kenny should have some questions to answer, 0 points vs QPR and Wigan in back to back games. Closer to 15th then they are 4th in standings points.

Old
03-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Millhaus

Yes the Liverpool supporters around here are strangely absent these days...

The way the Gunners are playing I can't think that Citeh are relishing their trip to the Emirates in a few weeks.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:53 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Well...Chelsea finished off Benfica. Barca next...just hope to keep it close honestly.