HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tank habs lose 3-1

Old
03-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Perrah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
I was originally gonna type out Ryan McDonught but I figured that would be too obvious.
I typed out the winning lottery numbers earlier and deleted those too.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:07 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
Man all those leafs fans in the bell centre

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Try being surrounded by them, most of which were drunk.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:12 AM
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Exactly. It was good moves at the time, but for only a handful of games. It's the kind of moves we should avoid at all cost. As much as Lang was great for us for the couple games he played, that 2nd round pick could've been a much better player for the future. Especially since it was a very high 2nd round pick.

As for Tanguay, I have no problem trading our first round pick for him. But we let him go for nothing not so long after.

It's the lack of vision that put the team where we at now. This is exactly the kind of move we should've avoided.

Agree
Trading our 1st for tanguay wasn't so bad at the time but letting him go is the bad part
So basically we got nothing from that trade and tanguay is a flame again

The Moore deal helped in the playoffs but the mistake was not resigning him

How many tines have we said bad mangement of assets

Too many times

Old
03-04-2012, 12:13 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
I typed out the winning lottery numbers earlier and deleted those too.
b00sh

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:15 AM
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Try being surrounded by them, most of which were drunk.
That sounds rough
Just seeing them on TV made me sick

I thought I even heard go leafs chants

Old
03-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Habit11

It was cool to see Pleks on the 3rd line again tonight. What a great way to use him, give him White/Geoffrion. Thanks for all your hard work every year Tomas, enjoy passing the puck to these two, good things will happen. Had Gomez played he would have been on the 4th line. So basically, Habs' have the highest paid 3/4 centers in the league, by about $8m, and a 3rd pairing Dman making $4.25m. Cool, very cool.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
That sounds rough
Just seeing them on TV made me sick

I thought I even heard go leafs chants
You did. After every goal they scored. They were pretty quiet though when the Habs went up 1-0. Too bad it didn't last.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:29 AM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
it sounded like it was in TO at times

good god this team is awful
not that I didnt know that but im just really feeling it now
disbelief
man

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:29 AM
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
You did. After every goal they scored. They were pretty quiet though when the Habs went up 1-0. Too bad it didn't last.
Oh my that isn't good. If there was only one of 2 but it looks like their were a Lot of small groups of them just in the lower bowl
Not sure about the top

Old
03-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Oh my that isn't good. If there was only one of 2 but it looks like their were a Lot of small groups of them just in the lower bowl
Not sure about the top
If they were int he lower bowl the top was packed.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:09 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Geoffrion is not even NHL skill. I hate to say it, but was a ****ing PR stunt. The kid would never be in the NHL if his name wasn't connected one way or another.
He needs to play on a 4th line in a defined role and not with Pleks. Anybody that plays with Pleks should be 2nd line calibre. I hate it when coaches don't define roles for their players. The team becomes lost. The only line with a defined role on this team is Cole-Desharnais-Patches line. The rest are lost.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

There's not much to say about the game. The habs suck.

But I just wanted to say that PK Subban had an amazing game. I've been critical of him this year, so its only fair to point out when he plays well. He's been pretty good in general for a string of games now, but he was an even bigger standout tonight.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
isn't kabs 5th in points on the team, if you want to crap on someone, try Eller
he's a forward with very few points
He is, but only in total points. His 20 points while a member of the Habs put him 9th on the team, albeit in less games.

Kaberle is an NHL caliber player only on the PP, our PP is 27th, his value to the team is minimal and his acquisition by Gauthier, absurd.

Last edited by Adam91: 03-04-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:58 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Enough with the AK crap, he's gone, get over it. Next year the Preds forum will be saying the same thing thats been said on here the past 5 years, he's inconsistent, he has the potential to score 35 goals, blah blah blah. I could care less what a player on another team does, he had to go to make this team better in the future.
Yep, they were also saying that SK is a cancer, with attitude problem, party too much, selling cocaine and related to the mafia in his first year there.. Oh wait. No they didn't. SK finished 1st in points and goals in his first season as a Preds. Oups..

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:13 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Yep, they were also saying that SK is a cancer, with attitude problem, party too much, selling cocaine and related to the mafia in his first year there.. Oh wait. No they didn't. SK finished 1st in points and goals in his first season as a Preds. Oups..
In my critical thinking class I've learned to spot false/invalid arguments pretty well. This is a textbook example of a terrible, absolutely terrible, argument.

Referring to AKost - and AKost only - many members of the media, fandom, GMs and coaches and hell even teammates have said the same thing: he's inconsistent, "when he's on" he's a force but he's not always on, etc. Not to mention his issues with every single coach he's had. His issues with communication - not that it's only his fault of course. His on-ice deficiencies are also up for debate but I'd love to see the MathMan stats of AKost. Was he really a 1st line winger? 2nd line winger?

Was he a playoff performer or passenger? Has he previously shown flashes of brilliance and then disappeared?

Riddle me those. And yes he partied a **** TON in Montreal. I've seen him myself, but that's neither here nor there.

This has nothing to do with SKost. Getting rid of SKost was a bad move but that was a Jacques Martin move, Skost didn't fit on his team. Neither did O'Byrne, Latendresse, Pouliot, Lapierre or Dominic Moore.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:19 AM
Stradale

I will not get into another debate with AK.

Personally, I think he will repeat his 07-08 season with another team that will use him properly.

Some say AK is inconsistent, I rather say he needs stability. I don't care if he plays on the first, 2nd or third line in a team, give him a decent center and he will produce. His break-out season, he played with Plek and Kovy for almost all season long and he was great. Last season, he started the season with Plekanec and got 10 points in 9 games then 18 pts in 24 games with Plekanec. And then for some reason, he had to play with Gomez.. starts slumping.

Even this season, he started with Eller on the third line with not much ice-time but he was still on pace for 30 goals after the first 25 games (10g) of the season. And for some reason again, they were split and he started to slump again. AK did not asked for more ice-time, or PP. He was perfectly fine with Eller. On pace for 30 goals, on the third line, with minimal PP time, not many player can do that.

The stats of AK playing with Eller and Gomez is pretty telling but I bet most of the haters will completely ignore it.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:19 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Weber deserves most of his flack, but when we trade him for nothing I expect him to go back to the AHL where he belongs and for Habs fans to cry when he emerges in a few years as a real NHL player.
while i think he should needs to be in the ahl, i think he is illegible for waivers and he would definitely get picked up

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:34 AM
SB164

Quote:
Many out of town Leafs fans stay in a hotel near my neighbourhood.

A happy Leafs fan makes a sad Habs fan

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:40 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
haha no kidding. Poor trevor timmins. We essentially lost Mcdonagh, andrei kostitsyn, sergei kostitsyn, mark streit, guillaume latendresse, matt d'agostini, chris higgins, max lapierre, grabovski for scott gomez, a 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick
Lapierre for Festerling + 5th rounder was absolutely brilliant.

Old
03-04-2012, 06:44 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Lapierre for Festerling + 5th rounder was absolutely brilliant.
Well, that was just one in a long long long long - did I mention long - list of brilliant moves by the comedy duo of Gauthier & Gainey.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:48 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Well, that was just one in a long long long long - did I mention long - list of brilliant moves by the comedy duo of Gauthier & Gainey.
It's like, remember when Turris requested a trade? Their GM didn't panic and get insulted , he thought the situation out, and dealt him a few months later for a very very good player.

But no.. our GM goes out and deals the guy ASAP for garbage with absolutely no oversight whatsoever.

Old
03-04-2012, 08:03 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Don't we have Columbus's fourth from the wisnewski trade?

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:05 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
It really is an unintentional rebuild. And that's what's so sad. We've done this kicking and screaming, making sideways deals along the way. All that has done is prolong the pain and drag things out further. When you're not trading for picks and prospects and focus instead on dealing for vets and STILL sink to the bottom? That really sucks.

We've got some 2nd rounders out of it so it's not all bad but man, we've really wasted some assets and done everything we could to choke all the trade value out of AK before dealing him.

Whatever... let's just hope for the best at the draft.
So true. The whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
First of all, Gainey is not responsible for this mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Second of all, under Houle we never had a line as good as our top line right now.
And yet, under Houle we never had a team finish 15th in the east (I think - too lazy to make sure).

I guess we had some good leadership to help terrible teams overachieve. Maybe now we have better leadership, oh wait Bob decided to let our captain and leader go and traded the farm for the 7M dollars man. But yeah he's not responsible for this at all. Not one bit. Some of you crack me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Fireing Martin was his best move of the season. I don't care how much Cunneyworth sucks. Martin's system was the most horrible one I've had the "chance" to watch. He had as much emotion as his team.

We weren't a good team with Martin, we were an average, boring team that could've made the playoffs but would've certainly lose in the first round. We were going no where.
Exactly. People who miss Martin just because RC is not a NHL coach make me laugh. It's like being fed rotten fruits (Martin), then running out and having to eat grass (RC) and then missing the rotten fruits. I sort of get it, but people need to wake up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
AK is a PPG player in Nashville...
You jest but AK was always a really talented player that kept getting the shaft here for some reason. ATM line doing good, AK gets relegated to 2nd line with our black hole 7M center, predictably fails to spark plug him - since no one could - and then as punishment gets benched/4th lined. That was last year. This year ? He was a 30 goal guy with Martin, RC gets on board and retards it up to make sure we kill his trade value before we trade him.

I wouldn't be shocked if he became a consistent 30g 65pts guy in Nashville with a well managed team.

Last edited by E = CH²: 03-04-2012 at 08:26 AM.
E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:25 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
Don't we have Columbus's fourth from the wisnewski trade?
Montreal Canadiens traded James Wisniewski to the Columbus Blue Jackets for a 7th round selection in 2012.