HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carlyle for Adams! - Leafs win 3-1 in Montreal

Old
03-04-2012, 12:32 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

vCash: 500
I liked Frattins game tonight. This is a guy I believe will thrive under Carlyle.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafErikson View Post
I liked Frattins game tonight. This is a guy I believe will thrive under Carlyle.
same, Bobby Ryan-lite ?

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Henderson19

After shaking off the nerves, it was an excellent performance by Gus. Here's hoping he finds his footing with a different voice in his head. Nice job.

Henderson19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:34 AM
ironrhcp

**** here comes 9th

ironrhcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glgbill View Post
After shaking off the nerves, it was an excellent performance by Gus. Here's hoping he finds his footing with a different voice in his head. Nice job.
he was a little hungover from the party the team threw when Wilson was fired

Old
03-04-2012, 12:41 AM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Yeah, those scouting notes are nice and dandy and is only one person's opinion of a player; until the guy makes it to the NHL and becomes a good player, all those descriptions mean nothing. I went to the Marlies game today vs Rochester, watching Colborne, Ashton (whose a great skater and tenacious), Blacker and all those other "nice" prospects and 1st round picks from both teams, and NONE of them can hold a candle to the elite talent of a Phil Kessel. And the truth is, most of them will never be regulars at the NHL level.
Go watch Jared Knight play....it is more than one persons opinion...

I watched Ashton play for nearly two seasons and he is a decent skater who lacked grit....not the same can be said about Jared Knight...he will be a regular in the NHL....Blacker will as well. Colborne I watched play a lot for a year out here but that was a long while ago. Big body but like butter, soft. The two first round pick were Seguin and Hamilton both Elite talent....

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:44 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Why is the Kessel trade being brought up in the PGT?

The other 5000 threads weren't enough?

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:52 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
same, Bobby Ryan-lite ?
I wouldn't go that far. I'm hoping for a Ryane Clowe clone, when all is said an done. Might not drop the gloves as often, and Frattin is a better skater.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Adversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydizzle View Post
Now this is a hockey team. One with an actual structure/system. I noticed a LOT less turnovers and odd man rushes against us. And WOW! We actually played the whole 60 minutes! Thank god Wilson is gone.
60 minutes ... That's the key here, great post

Adversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:53 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Why is the Kessel trade being brought up in the PGT?

The other 5000 threads weren't enough?
There's always someone who has to ***** about it. I obliged the conversation, and defended Kessel, and Burke for making the deal.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far. I'm hoping for a Ryane Clowe clone, when all is said an done. Might not drop the gloves as often, and Frattin is a better skater.
yea, he plays a very similar game to Ryan though imo, obviously not as good.... but his shot, strength and speed are very good

Old
03-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Bishop1310

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post

I watched Ashton play for nearly two seasons and he is a decent skater who lacked grit....not the same can be said about Jared Knight...he will be a regular in the NHL....Blacker will as well. Colborne I watched play a lot for a year out here but that was a long while ago. Big body but like butter, soft. The two first round pick were Seguin and Hamilton both Elite talent....
are you a NHL scout? do you have the credentials to say who is or isn't elite talent? VERY doubtful..

Seguin will be a solid player through his career. a 60 point a year guy.. but Hamilton? He's a decent player. But Elite talent?? Elite talent is Crosby, Ovi, Stamkos, Tavares...

Seguin and Hamilton will never be used in the same sentence as those guys..

until you show some sort of proof that you're an NHL scout.. plz s..t..f..u and stop trying to sound like you know what your talking about.

Bishop1310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Vintage93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop1310 View Post
are you a NHL scout? do you have the credentials to say who is or isn't elite talent? VERY doubtful..

Seguin will be a solid player through his career. a 60 point a year guy.. but Hamilton? He's a decent player. But Elite talent?? Elite talent is Crosby, Ovi, Stamkos, Tavares...

until you show some sort of proof that you're an NHL scout.. plz s..t..f..u and stop trying to sound like you know what your talking about.
Seguin currently has 50 points (+33) and holds a 67 point pace over 82 in his second year. What flawless rationale did you use to come to your definitive statement?

edit: why did I even bother...

Vintage93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:07 AM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop1310 View Post

Some NHL scouts drafted Daigle. When it comes to this - it is all about future potential. Even Caputi prospect did not work out or the Kenny Ryan picks looks to be a bust.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:16 AM
dimi78

Quote:

You know what how about you wait and see what Hamilton does in the NHL before you call him elite all your doing is putting the cart a head of the horse with that statement as for Seguin he's a good top line player but not this star franchise player that everybody was saying was what the Leafs have lost out from doing the trade and it seems to me you and many others are still caught up in hype over this kid.

As a matter of fact it's not even close on pure talent and ability who is the better offensive player between he and Kessel that wont change just because Seguin is younger by 3 years, I'll tell you this you could sit and wait for Seguin for maybe one day become a focal point to the oppositions game plan to shut him down like where Kessel is today you'll be waiting a long time cause he's not that skilled for one second what makes Seguin good is his 2 way game which would have to get to the level of Jonathan Toews for him to be considered elite. I don't think he will reach that level maybe he will maybe he wont but I don't see it espescially if you watch Boston play you could see just how far he is from that level when you compare him to his team mate Bergeron who's Boston's best forward not Seguin yet nobody seems to talk about Bergeron as elite why?.

Look neither team has lost this trade and for me it's a good trade both ways

Last edited by dimi78: 03-04-2012 at 01:30 AM.
dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:29 AM
Bishop1310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage93 View Post
Seguin currently has 50 points (+33) and holds a 67 point pace over 82 in his second year. What flawless rationale did you use to come to your definitive statement?

edit: why did I even bother...
so he's going to be in the range of a 60 point guy? and you responded to say he's going to get 67?

why did you even bother? your a moron

Old
03-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Bishop1310

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Some NHL scouts drafted Daigle. When it comes to this - it is all about future potential. Even Caputi prospect did not work out or the Kenny Ryan picks looks to be a bust.
i agree 100% but I mean I guarantee and NHL scout has a much better track record of finding Elite talent or recognizing it much better then anyone who frequents these forums...

Old
03-04-2012, 01:37 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

I don't feel like going through all the pages but did anyone notice how the good lines were actually rewarded with good ice time? For example, when the PP came up at the end of the game, the line that had played most effectively all game was the first PP unit.

If this was Wilson, he would've thrown the Bozak line on the ice for the PP because they're the "#1 line" even if they played the game poorly.

I like that change. It was always frustrating in games when the Grabovski line would carry the team and we'd get a PP and Wilson would send out the Bozak line for the first 1:30 and kill all momentum.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:49 AM
mlugia
That other guy

Quote:
do not kid your self Jared Knight makes the NHL.....

Here is what Futures said:

Future

At approximately 205lbs, and with his simple, straight-line approach, Knight could potentially play in the NHL right now. But being able to play and being ready to contribute are two very different things and Knight may be better served by continuing to develop his offensive game in junior, and on the world stage for Team USA at the World Junior championships. Regardless of whether he makes the team this year or the year after, Knight has a very low bust factor and a bright future as a Ryan Callahan-type.

I understand why the trade was made but it was not required at that time nor did we get the better of the deal....
Isn't on the HF top 50 for someone who's such a superstar, interesting. It's almost like you think HF is never wrong, in which case
Quote:
Easily the best defenseman available in the 2004 Entry Draft, Barker brings a lot to the table. As his 21 goals and 65 points in 2003-04 playing for the Medicine Hat Tigers show, he has an offensive game that can dominate from the blueline. However, there is more to the third pick overall than offense. His game away from the puck is quite advanced for his age and he has a mean streak that should serve him well down the line. Barker will be an anchor of the Blackhawk defense for years to come.
is either a gross exaggeration of the definition of anchor, or Barker's way better than everyone thinks he is.

mlugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:05 AM
lampshade*

PK forgot we have 1 more game V them. Rosie will be in that lineup and MTL has nothing to offer. White will run and hide Staubitz might bearhug if he is forced. Subban will be found. Trust this post.

lampshade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Winreims

Quote:
I liked seeing Frattin on that line with Grabo. It's about freaking time Kulemin was moved off of it.

Winreims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Exit Dose

Congrats, guys. Glad to see that RC was able to give you guys a glimpse of the future in his first game at the helm. Just be sure to give him time, there's bound to be hiccups along the way.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Winreims

Oh and a random irrelevant stat for the playoff hopeful fans; I read somewhere that since 1967, the Leafs have made 5 mid-season coaching changes; 3 out of those 5 times the Leafs have made the playoffs.

1979-80 - Punch Imlach - 5-5-0 - made playoffs
1980-81 - Mike Nykoluk - 15-15-10 - made playoffs
1988-89 - George Armstrong - 17-26-4 - missed playoffs
1990-91 - Tom Watt - 22-37-10 - missed playoffs
1995-96 - Nick Beverley - 9-6-2 - made playoffs
2011-12 - Randy Carlyle - 1-0-0 - ???

I like those odds

Winreims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:26 AM
immortalNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinWasAdopted View Post
I'm still in disbelief that they even allow the guy to spout that kind of bigotry on a program that thousands of children tune into every weekend, let alone present him as some sort of 'icon'.

The segment is called "Coach's Corner", and yet all he ever even seems to do anymore is rant and rave about his personal disputes and sing the praises of the military. It's a shame Burke wasn't successful in getting him pulled off the air in favour of someone who might actually be able to provide some modicum of insight into the game.
THANK YOU.
You know what, **** Don Cherry and his out-of-touch nationalist tirades.
If the US ever ends up going to war in Iran, he'll probably ***** about Canada not being involved in the war just like he did with the Iraq war, and we all know that war was all a crock of ****.

immortalNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:43 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Congrats, guys. Glad to see that RC was able to give you guys a glimpse of the future in his first game at the helm. Just be sure to give him time, there's bound to be hiccups along the way.
I expect hiccups. Hiccups I can handle. I'm just glad we have someone who actually seems involved in the game.