HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#65 KINGS v. Ducks 3/3/12, Post Game WIN Thoughts & Tidbits ... Woo Hoo !

Old
03-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Some more good news...

Now, the bad news...even if we can stay out of the cellar for this stat, we are probably not going to catch the 28th team, the New York Islanders, who are sitting at 2.29 G/G.

However, beyond the cold stark stats is this (someone said this above): 18 goals in the last 6 games.

At 3.00 G/G, I see a much better trend for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Nex06

Too bad that if you are 29th in offense, points don't count. They don't let you in playoffs. It's over!

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:39 AM
KingsKnight
L.A. Kriminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
there's a big difference between these wins and the wins when Sutter just got here. These are far more convincing and we're finally able to score. awesome game against a hot team. Ducks wanted this game
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
That was essentially the final nail in the coffin for the Ducks playoff hopes this season. Sweet.
Was at the game tonight and what a game. We still have some tough games ahead, but the offense seems to be carrying over from the last few games and that is a very good thing for this team right now. We need that confidence. You could see the dejection in the Ducks after the game. They lingered on the bench and the ice a little longer than most teams, and sort of sulked off to the locker room. They knew this was important for them, and they didn't come through. We did, and that gives us a chance. Go Kings.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:44 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quick stole the game tonight. Otherwise, our offense stepped it up. And damn Carter is fast!

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
Quick stole the game tonight. Otherwise, our offense stepped it up. And damn Carter is fast!
Glad to see Jeff do well. You guys are going to love him.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:13 AM
yankeeking

just got up and as happy as last night, the results from last night across the board keeps our season relevant and not trying to figure what draft pick we gave to CBUS, what a game and what a good night GO KINGS GO

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:22 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

7pts for party line? 2g 5a?

Was at the game, had a blast. Hope these guys keep it up!

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:29 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
7pts for party line? 2g 5a?

Was at the game, had a blast. Hope these guys keep it up!
The crowd sounded alive and ready for the game. Carter even commented after the game on how loud and supportive the fans were. Good to hear the love.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:42 AM
jml87

I haven't seen Carter work that hard in a long time. I was very impressed. He is really happy to be here.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:14 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Tom Hanks approves of the win.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:20 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Some more good news...

Now, the bad news...even if we can stay out of the cellar for this stat, we are probably not going to catch the 28th team, the New York Islanders, who are sitting at 2.29 G/G.

However, beyond the cold stark stats is this (someone said this above): 18 goals in the last 6 games.

At 3.00 G/G, I see a much better trend for the rest of the season and the playoffs.
Are the Islanders battling to win their division?

I honestly don't know.

As far as that goes are the Islanders in a 4 team 2 point playoff race?

Of course I would rather we finish better than last in scoring. Hopefully we can keep this up.
I can live with us finishing dead last in scoring if we make the playoffs.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:21 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Hear that sound? I think it's Dean Lombardi exhaling. There's finally a chance he keeps his job next year

We're back baby... WE'RE BACK!

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:33 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Man, what a good game. I haven't been that excited and at the edge of my seat for a Kings game in a LONG time. Loved every minute of it (except giving up a goal 13 seconds after scoring one).

Carter IS AWESOME! Holy crap. That guy can play hockey. He's probably our most skilled player out there. He works hard every shift, gets a scoring chance ever shift, is awesome on ES, PP AND PK. He uses his big body to steal pucks, drive to the net and he's FAST. Insanity. I love him.

Richards looks like the Richards we traded for since Carter has been here. They both look so happy and are in beast mode. So amazing to see Kings players step up in big games instead of wilt.

Kopi looked lost last night. Is he glued to the boards? Do his pants have a magnet in them that pulls him toward them? Something?

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:36 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Man, what a good game. I haven't been that excited and at the edge of my seat for a Kings game in a LONG time. Loved every minute of it (except giving up a goal 13 seconds after scoring one).

Carter IS AWESOME! Holy crap. That guy can play hockey. He's probably our most skilled player out there. He works hard every shift, gets a scoring chance ever shift, is awesome on ES, PP AND PK. He uses his big body to steal pucks, drive to the net and he's FAST. Insanity. I love him.

Richards looks like the Richards we traded for since Carter has been here. They both look so happy and are in beast mode. So amazing to see Kings players step up in big games instead of wilt.

Kopi looked lost last night. Is he glued to the boards? Do his pants have a magnet in them that pulls him toward them? Something?
the best part about it is that if Kopi is lost, we are still okay. Before, if Kopi was lost, then we lost the game (remember the # of wins to when Kopitar scored stat). Now we have so many more weapons. The opponents now have to pick their poison.

oh ya, props to whipping boy Stoll for stepping up in the leadership role on the team. I been riding him hard all year, good to see he cares

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:56 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
the best part about it is that if Kopi is lost, we are still okay. Before, if Kopi was lost, then we lost the game (remember the # of wins to when Kopitar scored stat). Now we have so many more weapons. The opponents now have to pick their poison.

oh ya, props to whipping boy Stoll for stepping up in the leadership role on the team. I been riding him hard all year, good to see he cares
Good point on Kopi! Great to see the Kings not live and die by him.

Stoll has been AWESOME the last few games. WOW.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Belanger25
The Iceman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Stoll has been AWESOME the last few games. WOW.
It's great to see Stoll playing the game that we were used to seeing Stoll play. Seems like now that he's at center with Lewis on the wing and even Penner their forechecking has been solid.

I even like the 2nd power play unit. Seems way more balanced with Stoll/Brown/Williams up front with two defenseman Voynov and Martinez who aren't afraid to shoot the damn puck from the point, unlike Drew.

Belanger25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

This thread doesn't have enough Herby or Axl

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
I sit in that section also, 319, yells stupid crap all the time .....there is an old saying that people used to think I was an idiot and then I opened my mouth and pdoved them right ,kinda fits that guy
Yea we've had partial seasons for the last 3-4 years and just this season he moved over right next to me. It's awful hahaha.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:58 PM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
This thread doesn't have enough Herby or Axl
The Kings have been costing Herby some bucks lately.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:06 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

I'd like to use this forum to $%^& about the Dish Network for constantly changing around the HD channels that they broadcast local sporting events. It was my anniversery with my girl last night and needless to say the Kings/Ducks matchup was not at the top of her priority list.

So I come home and after seeing the score I was pretty pumped to fire up my DVR and check out the game but much to my dismay it recorded 3 hours of "THIS PROGRAMMING IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA". This is the final straw in my relationship with Dish Network. This has happened before, with the HD channels there is no consistency, it's impossible to program the DVR to record local HD sports because they constantly and arbitrarily change the channel.

I saw red last night. Does anyone else deal with crap like this? Any advice for me?

SPRINGBOARD WIN LAST NIGHT!! LET'S GET THIS SHIP TURNED AROUND!

Last edited by The Butcher: 03-04-2012 at 01:33 PM.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
I'd like to use this forum to $%^& about the Dish Network for constantly changing around the HD channels that they broadcast local sporting events. It was my anniversery with my girl last night and needless to say the Kings/Ducks matchup was not at the top of her priority list.

So I come home and after seeing the score I was pretty pumped to fire up my DVR and check out the game but much to my dismay it recorded 3 hours of "THIS PROGRAMMING IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA". This is the final straw in my relationship with Dish Network. This has happened before, with the HD channels there is no consistancy, it's impossible to program the DVR to record local HD sports because they constantly and arbitrarily change the channel.

I saw red last night. Does anyone else deal with crap like this? Any advice for me?

SPRINGBOARD WIN LAST NIGHT!! LET'S GET THIS SHIP TURNED AROUND!
Yeah, switch to Directv.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:18 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Yeah, switch to Directv.
Locked in for a while. Roommate issues.

I know, yuck.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:20 PM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post
Congrats! you guys are only 1 point behind the Sharks now.

Pacific Division is really tight this year.
You guys better keep it up too! I'd much rather have every Pacific team make it (minus the Ducks, of course) than the rest of the Western Conference.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Yea we've had partial seasons for the last 3-4 years and just this season he moved over right next to me. It's awful hahaha.
Jay it's not like I am sitting on your lap....yet.

And just for you, I will starting calling the refs "convicts" next game.
Deal?

Boba Fettuccine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Dropdapuck

Quote:
When Kopi retires, instead of raising his number into the rafters maybe they'll just paint a picture of his butt along the half wall.

Dropdapuck is offline   Reply With Quote