HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tank habs lose 3-1

Old
03-04-2012, 08:33 AM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Enough with the AK crap, he's gone, get over it. Next year the Preds forum will be saying the same thing thats been said on here the past 5 years, he's inconsistent, he has the potential to score 35 goals, blah blah blah. I could care less what a player on another team does, he had to go to make this team better in the future.
Oh yeah, I remember those comments made about GL then he went on to score at a 35 goal pace with the wild.

Then same comments made about SK, and he was their top scorer.

Also Grab and Ribeiro...

Expect more of the same with AK. He's a good player and you know it. But we have had horrible coaches who don't understand anything about how offensive players work and like to coach assets into the ground right before we trade them at their lowest point. Brilliant stuff !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yepp.

Oh and I rewatched the 3rd goal.. And how in the hell was this Weber fault ?

He's the new AK... He's gonna go elsewhere and be a good player ....

You ''fans'' are the reason why this team sucks.
What a joke. Who cares what the fans say about Weber. It has the smallest impact. It's not us who have been mismanaging this team into the ground. If something is holding Weber back it's either or both :

1) The coaching staff
2) Himself

But it's certainly not the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
You already have half this board trying to drive Plekanec out of town, if the management follows he will be traded for a late 1st on draft day.
Sir, you have it wrong, that would have been before the next genius we hire for a coach drives his value into the ground by playing him with two 4th line grinders/borderline NHL/AHL players (white, blunden, geoffrion). After ? I am expecting a 2nd or 3rd depending how good a job of demolition we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I dont miss any of those soft players. Maybe we should add Plekanec to the group?
That's a perfectly fine opinion to have despite the fact that those teams have made good use of these players.

But not missing them doesn't excuse the fact they were assets we squandered though. Which wouldn't be so bad if we were a top team and had found clear cut upgrades on these guys but we've even downgraded so that's pretty sad.

Last edited by E = CH²: 03-04-2012 at 08:43 AM.
E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:50 AM
onice

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
First of all, Gainey is not responsible for this mess. Second of all, under Houle we never had a line as good as our top line right now.
Really?

Who traded for Gomez?
Who signed Cammy
Gionta
And decided for the smurf identity.
Who traded Lats for a player that didn't fit our system.
Who let go of Ryder, Koivu, Kovalev, Beauchemin and a few others for nothing.
Who traded a 1st rd pick and a second for one year of Tanguay.
He has been around for the firing of 3 head coaches and one assistant within 3 years of their tenure and firing them during the season. That is not stability.
And the list just goes on and on.

He made one good move and that was the Rivet trade but I can counter that with the fact that even a broken clock is right twice a day. Gainey is still lagging behind that broken clock.

Trevor Timmins' work has covered up the miserably terrible job of both Gauthier AND Gainey. Imagine if we had an average head scout what this team would look like.

Forget that. Imagine if we had had an average GM the last 9 years. We would have been contenders. An average GM would have realized what he had in Timmins and let him do all the work for him. Stock up the team and then make a couple of strategic trades. But no, we got saddled with two of the five worst GMs in the last 15-20 years.

I want both these clowns gone by the end of the season. Timmins has another wave of talented prospects coming and I don't want these two imbeciles anywhere near them.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
Don't we have Columbus's fourth from the wisnewski trade?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Montreal Canadiens traded James Wisniewski to the Columbus Blue Jackets for a 7th round selection in 2012.
Became a fifth when Wiz signed with the BJ's, which we traded to the Flames in the Cammalleri trade.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:54 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
Became a fifth when Wiz signed with the BJ's, which we traded to the Flames in the Cammalleri trade.
Oh yeah.. I knew it was a 5th... which is why when I looked it up I was like what the..

Merci messieur.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Toastman

Why is Weber still on the team?

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:44 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
You could ask the same questions about 50% of these players.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:02 AM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
It was cool to see Pleks on the 3rd line again tonight. What a great way to use him, give him White/Geoffrion. Thanks for all your hard work every year Tomas, enjoy passing the puck to these two, good things will happen. Had Gomez played he would have been on the 4th line. So basically, Habs' have the highest paid 3/4 centers in the league, by about $8m, and a 3rd pairing Dman making $4.25m. Cool, very cool.
This. Any haters of Plex should look at this post. Yes he has faults and had a terrible game in the faceoff circle last night. Yes he should be moved if we got the right deal - no untouchables. But to suggest we should run him out of town for a mid-round draft pick is laughable. Again, like AK, he will be dealt at his lowest-possible value for an irrelevant return.

This is an embarrassment. Absolutely unacceptable on every level. The front off ice and coaching staff need to go, all of them, except probably Timmins. You could cut 1/3 to half our current roster and the dropoff wouldn't be far, if any (look at the standings). We have no concept of playing at home, which makes the lack of talent and coaching acumen all the more obvious. No idea of matching people with similar talents, no roles, no putting players in a position to succeed, no leadership from above, nothing.

There are so few things to like on this team, in this organisation. Their force-feeding of our past glory years is the decayed empire rotted to the very core, desperately staving off the revolution with stultifying propaganda. Any criticism of the empire is dealt with swiftly and harshly, at the expense of the organisation (the way any criticism, even the slightest, is dealt with by management). They are run like a Bush Jr.-era global corporation, where PR and marketing are the only important facets. They hold their customers in contempt on every level.

Disgusting.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:09 AM
hockeyfan2k11

It seems as though Hab fans like to find a guy to bash and like to pit players against each other.

Like, those who bash Pleks are probably big DD fans. Those who bash Price are probably big Halak fans.

Pleks is our best centerman, yet people want him traded? Really? Such foolish talk.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Toastman

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
You could ask the same questions about 50% of these players.
Although a lot of the players are playing poorly, they at least excel at something.

What does Weber excel at? NOTHING !

He is terrible defensively EVERY game and he is small and soft. He gets burned all the time. So you'd think he'd make up for it by providing some offense?? NOPE! He cant control a PP, he either fans on his one time shots or doesn't even hit the net.

I don't get it. Too bad he's on a one-way contract

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:18 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Although a lot of the players are playing poorly, they at least excel at something.

He is terrible defensively EVERY game and he is small and soft. He gets burned all the time. So you'd think he'd make up for it by providing some offense?? NOPE! He cant control a PP, he either fans on his one time shots or doesn't even hit the net.

I really think we handled him poorly though. Of course, he should share a lot of the blame. But he should have played a LOT more last year. We played him at forward for pete's sakes. WTF is it with Montreal and playing dmen at forward? Weber IMO is soft, but he's got a lot of talent. He may have to go somewhere else though. I don't see him reaching his potential here. The damage has already been done.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:28 AM
sampollock

team needs a strong big centre,

and they are hard to find, so draft one, tank on

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:32 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
It seems as though Hab fans like to find a guy to bash and like to pit players against each other.

Like, those who bash Pleks are probably big DD fans. Those who bash Price are probably big Halak fans.

Pleks is our best centerman, yet people want him traded? Really? Such foolish talk.
People are delusional.

They think that Grigorenko is going to come in next season and anchor the second (if not first) line and that Pleks will be redundant to this team. Newsflash, its already been established that Grigorenko is not a player on Timmins radar, barring masive declines from other players in the Top-5 of this draft, Timmins will not be drafting him if people close to him on this board can be believed (and I believe them). Even if Timmins has a shift of philosiphy an drafts Grigs, expecting him to come in and contribute at Plekanec's level is laughable, especially if given the type of line mates Pleks has been given all season.

This team is in disarray. It's no secret. The only bright spot in this entire organisation is the scouting team that Timmins has in place, and it's a good one. Outside of that the organisation is a completely embarassment of an NHL team, nevermind the most storied team in the history of the game. It's a complete disgrace to what this organisation once was.

We need to start with a new management core and new coaching staff that is going to be more progressive. Enough of trading away our young talent for peanuts already.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:

Wow, why all the hate on Weber? He played fine yesterday.

'OMG THIS YOUNG DEFENSEMAN THAT'S PLAYING 15 MINUTES A NIGHT ISN'T DOMINATING!!!!!!!! TRADE HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM'

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:36 AM
LouisJCloutier

I'm totally sick of the way we have been using our players for the last few seasons. It's unacceptable to trade so many players for next to nothing only to see them flourish elsewhere. This need to stop right now. It's look like they are trying to do the same thing with Plekanec. Make him play with fourth liners, see his offensive numbers fall then trade him for a 5th rounder.

Plekanec is one of our best players. He's a good two-way centerman, never complain, great work ethic. Why are they doing this to him ? Is he the next one to get the AK, Latendresse, SK, treatement ?

Why can't they make a REAL second offensive line. I still don't understand why they didn't bother for at least ONE game to try Bourque with AK and Pleky. We were already bottom last in the eastern conference, what did we had to loose ?

Have they been trying to tank from the start ?

Coaching is a joke and our GM is a joke. I'm sick of it. Sick of the way they are handling offensive players.

Some player have an attitude problem ? WELL DEAL WITH THEM, MANAGE THEM, WORK WITH THEM.

Grabovski as a f**king A on his shirt now. What a ****** attitude he must have.

If Molson let those clows run the show again next season, then he's a complete idiot.

Bob Gainey need to be respected in everyway. But he failed as a GM. It's time to let go.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:37 AM
ThaDevilGirl

This PGT amuses me.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:42 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
I'm totally sick of the way we have been using our players for the last few seasons. It's unacceptable to trade so many players for next to nothing only to see them flourish elsewhere. This need to stop right now. It's look like they are trying to do the same thing with Plekanec. Make him play with fourth liners, see his offensive numbers fall then trade him for a 5th rounder.

Plekanec is one of our best players. He's a good two-way centerman, never complain, great work ethic. Why are they doing this to him ? Is he the next one to get the AK, Latendresse, SK, treatement ?

Why can't they make a REAL second offensive line. I still don't understand why they didn't bother for at least ONE game to try Bourque with AK and Pleky. We were already bottom last in the eastern conference, what did we had to loose ?

Coaching is a joke and our GM is a joke. I'm sick of it. Sick of the way they are handling offensive players.

Some player have an attitude problem ? WELL DEAL WITH THEM, MANAGE THEM, WORK WITH THEM.

If Molson let those clows run the show again next season, then he's a complete idiot.

Bob Gainey need to be respected in everyway. But he failed as a GM. It's time to let go.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:44 AM
GoodKiwi

So much anger in here, it's amusing!

I was satisfied when the Leafs scored their second one, because a win would've been bad for the tank.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:54 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
People are delusional.

They think that Grigorenko is going to come in next season and anchor the second (if not first) line and that Pleks will be redundant to this team. Newsflash, its already been established that Grigorenko is not a player on Timmins radar, barring masive declines from other players in the Top-5 of this draft, Timmins will not be drafting him if people close to him on this board can be believed (and I believe them). Even if Timmins has a shift of philosiphy an drafts Grigs, expecting him to come in and contribute at Plekanec's level is laughable, especially if given the type of line mates Pleks has been given all season.

This team is in disarray. It's no secret. The only bright spot in this entire organisation is the scouting team that Timmins has in place, and it's a good one. Outside of that the organisation is a completely embarassment of an NHL team, nevermind the most storied team in the history of the game. It's a complete disgrace to what this organisation once was.

We need to start with a new management core and new coaching staff that is going to be more progressive. Enough of trading away our young talent for peanuts already.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:57 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post

I never understood how players had such poor attitudes here yet had no issues anywhere else. Eventually you have to come to the conclusion that the issue is the organization and NOT the player.

There are still a few fans who keep towing the company line "He was bad in the room", but more and more fans are starting to see that the players weren't the problem. This is a good thing. G&G should have 0 influence on roster decisions..just keep them far away. Bring in a GM and let that GM bring in a coach and stick with the both of them for at least 3 years even if things get bad. We need continuity here.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Maxpac

This thread is proof why fans are fans and professionals are professionals. Some of you really need to calm the **** down with the Plekanec line issue. #1. About 98% of the posters here have Bourque-Eller-Leblanc as our 3rd line next season, please explain to me how developing chemistry right now, when the playoff hopes are over, for next season is a bad thing??? #2. Blake Geoffrionis a hobey baker trophy winner who never got a chance to have a real offensive role in the NHL, putting him with Plekanec is just about the perfect scenario to see where exactly he is in his development.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Weber played good last night.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Dekar

This guy I work with is a hardcore Leafs fan, and he was at the game last night. He posted a picture on his Facebook of him in a bathroom stall with one of the Habs flags they hand out at the Bell Centre draped over the toilet seat, and he captioned the photo: "Guess what I just pissed on!"

My question to all of you is do I punch or kick him in the face tomorrow?

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I never understood how players had such poor attitudes here yet had no issues anywhere else. Eventually you have to come to the conclusion that the issue is the organization and NOT the player.

In most case, we gave up on them at a very young age and they simply grew up.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Interesting stat: Plekanec leads the team in scoring in road games. Perhaps he is needed.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I didn't even watch the game lol!

I woke up like 5 hours ago and only went to see the score of the game like 20 minutes ago.

Complete disinterest.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote