HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Matt Frattin - Ranked 4th. for TSN RW's

Old
03-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Hawaiinleaf

vCash: 500
Matt Frattin - Ranked 4th. for TSN RW's

Hopefully he will get his chance to stay for good now, nice to see 2 pts last night and good physical play

Last edited by ULF_55: 02-12-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:00 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

He will be a solid player in this league.

iArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:01 PM
SprDaVE

Once if he finds a bit more consistency, he should be a solid player for sure.

We'll see how he does with the remaining games though.

SprDaVE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Cmillz

Yep he had a solid game, but honestly he's was pretty good earlier in the year too. Ron Wilson just kept trying to get something out of Kulemin that he hasn't provided us all year. Those type of commitments get thrown out with a new coach, no one has earned anything with Carlyle yet. Randy put Frattin on the 2nd line and he proved to be solid. He saw that in the first that line generated some good scoring chances and he leaned on them more then the first line.

Cmillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:02 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

If he can stay consistent and do the things he does best - skate fast, hit hard, fire shots that aren't directly at the goalie's crests - he'll be great. He should anchor our third line with Bozak.

BonMorrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
TasteLikeBurning
The Tank Cometh

He's got a great nhl level shot no doubt. With a new coach it's time to take his chance. Puck should leave his stick the moment it hits.

TasteLikeBurning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Liminality

I think Carlyle will really like Frattin. Imo Carlyle will at worst put him on the 3rd line once he gets what he wants out of his two top lines.

Liminality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
threeGo

I think Carlyle will use him very well. Wilson seemed like a prospect killer.

threeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Cmillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
Yep. I think Ron's persistence of keeping Kulemin on that second line for most of the season may have cost us a game or two. I honestly think Frattin will take his spot in the top six for the remainder of the year. Next year I think he'll be on the third line with some other play coming in to the top 6.

Cmillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:08 PM
BertCorbeau
Speak my Changuage

I hope that since Carlyle likes a physical, aggressive game he'll be able to get some more intensity out of Fratin. Kid's built like a truck on his skates, could wreck some havoc if he gets a little more intense.

BertCorbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:10 PM
BertCorbeau
Speak my Changuage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmillz View Post
Yep. I think Ron's persistence of keeping Kulemin on that second line for most of the season may have cost us a game or two. I honestly think Frattin will take his spot in the top six for the remainder of the year. Next year I think he'll be on the third line with some other play coming in to the top 6.
I think that if Kule isn't producing, Carlyle will use him on the third line as a core part of his "checking line". Kule's all around game is still really good, so even if he's not scoring he'd be a good contributor in that type of role.

I'm also excited to see Kadri get a shot with Carlyle behind the bench. Kadri's got a bit of an edge to him, so hopefully Carlyle can get that added to his game.

BertCorbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:19 PM
feeel10

I wonder what this means to kadri. the guy will have to prove himself again to a new coach and that may be harder this time due to the fact carlyle likes having big strong players up front. Kadri will have to bring his physicality to a new level. hes thrown his weight around pretty well up here but he MUST add some strenght on his body if he wants to be used as a top6 foward by carlyle. Frattin definetly had a very good impression on RC. Can't wait to see how he will re-arrange our bottom 6!

feeel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Hawaiinleaf

If i was Frattin i would be very very happy with the coaching change, i think he is going to be given plenty of chances

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:43 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeel10 View Post
I wonder what this means to kadri. the guy will have to prove himself again to a new coach and that may be harder this time due to the fact carlyle likes having big strong players up front. Kadri will have to bring his physicality to a new level. hes thrown his weight around pretty well up here but he MUST add some strenght on his body if he wants to be used as a top6 foward by carlyle. Frattin definetly had a very good impression on RC. Can't wait to see how he will re-arrange our bottom 6!
Carlyle had Selanne and Blake in his top 6 on the ducks

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

He's played well

even if he gets sent down, I can definitely see him playing full time next year

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:52 PM
TheNorthFace
RitchieEhlersMcCann

He's going to be a very good piece for us. Nice to see him finally getting that shot off. Probably only second to Kessel on this team in terms of release and power for his snapper or wrister. He can really slap the puck to which I'm hoping to see from him soon.

TheNorthFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:56 PM
KeziaTML

vCash: 279
Nice to see

KeziaTML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
If i was Frattin i would be very very happy with the coaching change, i think he is going to be given plenty of chances
Frattin had plenty of opportunity under Wilson, he was Wilson's pet, similarly to how Mitchell was. Frattin went back down to the minors, found his game, and is now more prepared to play at this level, you can't give Carlyle credit for this after just one game.

With that being said, this entire team should benefit from playing under more structure (not just Frattin alone), the only team that I could see flourishing beneath Ron Wilson, is a 100% healthy Pittsburgh lineup, or the Detroit Red Wings. Supremely skilled offensive teams, that would win more games then lose, when the game is opened up into a game of shinny.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:58 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
Hopefully he will get his chance to stay for good now, nice to see 2 pts last night and good physical play
Frattin has his chance to stay for good right now.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:59 PM
KlattNazty

He's built for the cycle game, but i think what will be interesting to see is whether or not he can find open space to let go of his shot.

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:59 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
How many prospects that Ron Wilson developed would you like for me to list?

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

He's better then Kadri. Maybe not more skilled, but i honestly think Frattin has the body, Speed, shot, to outproduce Kadri offensively.

Awaiting his 1-2 bad games in a row though as a rookie like earlier in the season that will have people wanting him in the minors because he cant put up 50 pts as a rookie.

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Duffman955

Frattin looks like a very good third liner. His puck handling skills and offensive game isn't really suited for a top 6 position, although I may be proven wrong.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Frattin looks like a very good third liner. His puck handling skills and offensive game isn't really suited for a top 6 position, although I may be proven wrong.
Players don't have to be great at handling the puck to be considered top 6 players, see Burrows for example. Frattin throws his body around with reckless abandon, has what appears to be a above average to elite shot, goes to the dirty areas, and plays with tons of heart. Ryan Callahan, Alex Burrows type future IMO. Also, he absolutely gift wrapped Grabovski's goal last night, and also gift wrapped Colborne's 1st NHL goal too.... I think his total offensive abilities are currently underrated, and we'll see more of what he can really do as he gains more confidence.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Leafan519

I said in a thread yesterday I think Frattin will become one of Carlyles golden boys and really win him over with that all out work ethic and his physical style of game. I think he'll be a permanet fixure on this team from here on out becuase we really don't have anybody who brings that element to their game on the top 3 lines up front besides Kulemin.

He had an excellent game last night and I think he'll be sticking around for the long haul this season, and make the team out of camp next year unless Burke makes some big powerforward additions in the summer.

Leafan519 is offline   Reply With Quote