HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Which number would you wear?

Old
03-03-2012, 11:58 AM
kihekah19

vCash: 500
#19 has always been my number (as available) and it's nice to be in such great company!

My all time favorite player was, is and most likely always will be Bobby Clarke for his outstanding hustle, competitive nature and prowess on the ice. I know... he wore #16, which I've worn on more than one occasion. I chose #19 in honor of Jan Popiel, whom I learned such an incredible amount about this great game from in my youth.

Jan was an ex-Chicago Cougar of the WHA who was actually drafted 10th overall by the Blackhawks in 1964. He was born in Denmark and until Bods came along (drafted at number eight), was the highest drafted player from that country in NHL history. It wasn't until recently that I even knew he was Danish as (having moved to Canada at the age of four), he was by all accounts Canadian.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to post about this great man who gave so much back to this the greatest game on earth.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Matsi
got paws?

#13 for various reasons. One is because of the Wizard, of course. Another good reason is my mom's birthday, which is May 13.
Others that I like are 8, 10, 14, 19, 27.

On the other hand, pretty much the only number I'd outright refuse to wear is #23, which has earned me bad luck more than once. I'd probably break my leg on the first shift!
I'd also never wear #0 or #00.

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:41 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

I've worn 7 since I was six years old playing soccer, so 7 would have be my choice. (Stupid Tkachuk).

I wore 17 one hockey season, when 7 wasn't open. (Vrbata has it)

I wore 12 my 1 year of high school basketball (You can't wear 7 in basketball). But Bissonnette has that.

I wore 34 in Middle school basketball But thats a terrible hockey number.

I'd take 16, because thats what number my "Be a pro" in FIFA12 was assigned when 7 wasn't available. (Dammit Klesla)

I'll take 77......

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote