HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Bruins @ New York Rangers

Old
03-04-2012, 02:36 PM
NYRwillDRIVEyouCRAZY

vCash: 500
what happened at the end of the first period with the early intermission? I went to go do my laundry and was super confused lol

NYRwillDRIVEyouCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:38 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRwillDRIVEyouCRAZY View Post
what happened at the end of the first period with the early intermission? I went to go do my laundry and was super confused lol
Problem with a pane of glass, was going to take too long to fix so they called intermission 2:30 early, then tacked it on to the 2nd period, but played it out like the end of the first for stats and whatnot.

03-04-2012, 02:38 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I like Lucic he's such a dick. I think lunkheads like him are necessary in this game.
this is the best summation I have ever read. He is such a mean ***** and when Horton is on the other side and feels like playing hard they are crazy good.

Hard not to like the Rags though- very likeable all over; I do wish they were more aggressive though and attacked more.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:39 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Gabby, DZ, Steps? Edit: Staal!

I don't know, team looked lost most of the game, some key plays and Thomas being Thomas allowed them to take 2 points in a bad bad game.

Now seriously, all the "super fans" on this board posting about how everyone is bi-polar and not real fans because people criticize this team when they are playing bad, but cheer when they score are making this board a horrendous place to post. Why the hell wouldn't we be mad when they are playing like a beer league team, but happy when they make up for it with timely goals? Honestly? I'm really happy for you all that nothing gets you down and you're not even a little worried about the way this team has been playing lately, but get off the ****ing high horse, and let those of us with a little objectivity scrutinize the team without having to hear about how you're the best fans ever because every player on the team is perfect. Annoying.

Edit: Also, Lucic is a *****!
Fantastic post, was going to post something in a similar vein, but you saved me the time.

I can't stand when plays like Gaborik scoring result in posters going "oh look now everyone loves the team again!"

Nobody actually posts **** like "I love this team" 5 minutes after they say we're done for the season. It never happens. Now actual emotional feelings, like being upset and happy, are totally normal and people shouldn't be scrutinized for having them.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Certainly adds character. You love to hate the guy.
I think guys like him keep the hits, the scraps, the agitation, and the extracurricular bull **** alive in the game. I love that stuff. Without it hockey is just basketball on ice.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

Has the rangers vs bruins rivarly always been pretty big, with the whole new york vs boston mentality? Question from somebody who sucks at following east coast hockey.

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death By BB Gun View Post
I'd pay good money to see Lucic get Kane'd.

In fact, when's the next time Boston and Winnipeg play each other?
could happen, but they are close enough if either ever gets married the other is at the wedding and maybe in the wedding party.

Rags should find Nick Fotiu and dress him next game (that was hockey)

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Levitate

Kinda crappy game. D has been sloppy the last two games at least, need to tighten that up

Getting opportunistic scoring at least

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:42 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Seriously, if anybody doesn't think the defense is a serious problem right now they're just blind.

Costly breakdowns almost every game.
Yup.

The Rangers are frequently guilty of huge brain farts and failing to bury average opportunities. Nobody should have to tie their finger up to prevent them from posting because they're afraid of what people will think on a message board. When they do one of their nightly delay of game penalties, a rant is necessary.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
The what show? I have more working shifts on my keyboard than he had today.
I agree Gabs was mostly ineffective in this game. He had two really good shifts(which lead to a goal). But it cancels out because he was directly responsible for the third goal. He tried to force a completely pointless lateral pass(instead of getting it on net). The Bruins race up ice and score.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Fantastic post, was going to post something in a similar vein, but you saved me the time.

I can't stand when plays like Gaborik scoring result in posters going "oh look now everyone loves the team again!"

Nobody actually posts **** like "I love this team" 5 minutes after they say we're done for the season. It never happens. Now actual emotional feelings, like being upset and happy, are totally normal and people shouldn't be scrutinized for having them.
Exactly, it's like they expect you to not cheer for the team when they score because you were upset at a string of bad plays, or a couple of horrid periods. Makes zero sense. In the end I am very glad they managed two points, but that doesn't mean I forgive all the bad plays just because they got the two points. It also doesn't mean I hate them because they've had a bad stretch of hockey. Ridiculous. You'd think these people are new to sports fanaticism or something.

DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
The what show? I have more working shifts on my keyboard than he had today.
You...I don't even know what to do with you anymore. Some of your posts are legit scaring me

Old
03-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Yup.

The Rangers are frequently guilty of huge brain farts and failing to bury average opportunities. Nobody should have to tie their finger up to prevent them from posting because they're afraid of what people will think on a message board. When they do one of their nightly delay of game penalties, a rant is necessary.
Honestly, I think they are just exhausted. We rely on them WAY too much.

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Typical MSG comes out of the wood works after being MIA forever. You want to see the Marian Gaborik show? Look at the past two months.

Guy is a beast. Real sorry you have such horrible eyesight.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Osminator

I love Johnny Malkin and Ruslan Fedotenko, but one of the two will sit when Cally is back... Keep Scott in, good 4th line guy and monster.

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Boyle took a lot of faceoffs today. Krejci had a rough afternoon at the dot.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:46 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I agree Gabs was mostly ineffective in this game. He had two really good shifts(which lead to a goal). But it cancels out because he was directly responsible for the third goal. He tried to force a completely pointless lateral pass(instead of getting it on net). The Bruins race up on ice and score.
Except he was hooked and interfered with on the play.

The only thing directly responsible for that was the referee's incompetence.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

The Rangers need to start playing better...the wins are obviously huge, but they're being outplayed. The second period today was appallingly bad.

We really need Callahan back.

That said...I loved the Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik line.

Alvvays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:47 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Typical MSG comes out of the wood works after being MIA forever. You want to see the Marian Gaborik show? Look at the past two months.

Guy is a beast. Real sorry you have such horrible eyesight.
Only Ranger fans look at a consistent goal scorer and producer and say "**** him, he sucks"

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
I love Johnny Malkin and Ruslan Fedotenko, but one of the two will sit when Cally is back... Keep Scott in, good 4th line guy and monster.
Out of those two we gotta keep Feds in. When he's out of the lineup we lose. That's not some mystical Fedotenko factor theory, just stating fact.

Old
03-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Blueshirt Believer

One thing this team needs to fix, their habits in making stupid lateral passes. I swear if we don't stop doing that, this team is going to get exposed by any team that can transition quickly(like the Pens or Washington).

Old
03-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Loffen
Hadouken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
I love Johnny Malkin.

lolwut

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
Only Ranger fans look at a consistent goal scorer and producer and say "**** him, he sucks"
He doesn't suck, but I don't think he was amazing in this game. He got a timely goal, but he was making some terrible decisions with the puck today.

Old
trilobyte

Quote:

Props to Ailurophile and yourself. I feel the same way. They come off looking pretty simplistic with statements like that. Maybe they think they are getting onto some kind of higher moral ground...whatever. Hard to ignore, I agree.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:50 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Let me just start by saying that the Bruins are still the favorites to come out of the east, and they played a very good game with a ton of key injuries.

But Julien is a MORON!!!! His strategy to keep heaving bombs from the point doesnt work against Henrik.

Today was a perfect example of why the Rangers are dangerous: they do not get down on themselves at all. They've been that way for 98pct of the season, and they deserve to be the best in the east.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote