HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings trade Jack Johnson and a 1st Round Pick to CBJ for Jeff Carter

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2012, 02:02 PM
  #801
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,123
vCash: 500
Seeing Johnson play in Columbus, he certainly does not have the benefit of having a Scuderi or Mitchell (or Quick) make up for his mistakes. It's apparent that his front of the net coverage is his weakness and team's are exposing that.

As for Carter, he's exactly what this team was missing up front. A sniper with a shoot first mentality who can rifle the puck in and can skate. What many people ignored about Carter coming in was how smart he is without the puck. Him and Richards are masters at getting their sticks on pucks. That pairing also appears to be LA's top PK unit.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:21 PM
  #802
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!
 
PSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
There is no way PSP typed this sentence. No way.

Change your passwords everyone. Someone be hacking!
You forgot the

The funny part is that I want them to win probably waaaaay more than most of you.

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:34 PM
  #803
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
You forgot the

The funny part is that I want them to win probably waaaaay more than most of you.


You forgot the


The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:57 PM
  #804
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
You forgot the

The funny part is that I want them to win probably waaaaay more than most of you.
This isn't news to me.

I know you are as die hard as I am and as far as that goes also as much as lots of the people who post here.

Nobody here should question anyone's desire to see the team win the cup.

In that we are all die hard foaming at the mouth Kings fans.

We may be taking different cars but we are all going to the same picnic.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:19 PM
  #805
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France
 
savemefromtears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: City of Angels
Country: United States
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
As for Carter, he's exactly what this team was missing up front. A sniper with a shoot first mentality who can rifle the puck in and can skate. What many people ignored about Carter coming in was how smart he is without the puck. Him and Richards are masters at getting their sticks on pucks. That pairing also appears to be LA's top PK unit.
Also SPEED. We don't seem like such a slow team the past few games.

Even a slow Dwight King on that second line still works, so that's saying something.


savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:21 PM
  #806
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France
 
savemefromtears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: City of Angels
Country: United States
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
This isn't news to me.

I know you are as die hard as I am and as far as that goes also as much as lots of the people who post here.

Nobody here should question anyone's desire to see the team win the cup.

In that we are all die hard foaming at the mouth Kings fans.

We may be taking different cars but we are all going to the same picnic.
Very true, but I do believe a select love to wallow in self pity and depravation while the loses from their sports team only fuels that flame. And moreso, some people won't be happy no matter the circumstances.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 09:18 AM
  #807
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Is there anybody still even questioning the trade now? Johnson is a defensive disaster, low hockey IQ and the only way he turns his career around is if he signs with Detroit (after his contract expires). This is an outright steal for the Kings, no doubt in my mind, take it to the bank!
While I was a big proponent of this deal, and still am, I am not going to labeling it a steal by any stretch. Carter's looked good, but it's been four games. Remember Penner having five points in his first six games?

Give it time. I'm obviously still very confident that we win this deal, depending on how good that 1st is of course, but four games is not enough time for me to proclaim anyone as stealing a deal.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 09:33 AM
  #808
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,407
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
While I was a big proponent of this deal, and still am, I am not going to labeling it a steal by any stretch. Carter's looked good, but it's been four games. Remember Penner having five points in his first six games?

Give it time. I'm obviously still very confident that we win this deal, depending on how good that 1st is of course, but four games is not enough time for me to proclaim anyone as stealing a deal.
Agree 100%, even long term I think this will go down as a steal. A lot of that has to do with Johnson being traded to Columbus-that probably was the worst team for him to be traded to. Then I think about next season without Penner and Stoll and possibly adding a top flight #1 LW but I don't want to get Charlie Browned again. Still, I'm a Kings fan so I don't learn lessons easily.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 10:59 AM
  #809
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
While I was a big proponent of this deal, and still am, I am not going to labeling it a steal by any stretch. Carter's looked good, but it's been four games. Remember Penner having five points in his first six games?

Give it time. I'm obviously still very confident that we win this deal, depending on how good that 1st is of course, but four games is not enough time for me to proclaim anyone as stealing a deal.
You are right, obviously.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:23 AM
  #810
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,204
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
At the very least, Carter and Richards look phenomenal together. We've really lucked out at getting them both on this team, at once, in their primes, locked up long term reasonably.


__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:37 PM
  #811
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
At the very least, Carter and Richards look phenomenal together. We've really lucked out at getting them both on this team, at once, in their primes, locked up long term reasonably.

It kinda seem weird now to see Richards in a Flyer uniform in Staples. At lest for me.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
  #812
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
Very true, but I do believe a select love to wallow in self pity and depravation while the loses from their sports team only fuels that flame. And moreso, some people won't be happy no matter the circumstances.
That's fair enough said.

Though I would say that 100% of the time that it is wrong to challenge another's level of commitment of support for the team based on what they say on a website board.

The constant complainers around here are right at times and wrong at others just like everyone else but the passion that they have for what they are saying is absolutely clear.

It is then easy to extrapolate their love for the team based on the fervor with which they present their opinions.

I am happy that their are people who are hot angry about the things that they perceive to be wrong with the team even if I disagree with what they are saying. Passionate fans are always great to hang around.

I also think that the sunny side up posters are equally great and consider myself to lean that way more often than not because you can count on them to lift you up when things look their darkest.

All of us are needed and equally respected or should be.

We all love the team. I know there are people who post here who think some pretty bad things about me but I don't really care. In the end we all love the same hockey team and away from that who really cares?

All of that said, PSP is above reproach in my opinion when it comes to being a Kings fan and doubly so when it comes to his knowledge/insight into the game.

The way I see it is that there is a fork in the road that every long suffering Kings fan must take sooner or later.

One way leads to the blind optimism and belief that things can and will eventually work out and lead us to a cup. A sort of wait and see approach with the belief that things might just finally be working out.

The other way is the more pragmatic path that causes you to become a realist who looks at the team from a cautiously optimistic/realist approach that leans more towards an I will believe it when I see it path.

Both are equally great and both are equally valid imo.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:01 PM
  #813
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
That's fair enough said.

Though I would say that 100% of the time that it is wrong to challenge another's level of commitment of support for the team based on what they say on a website board.

The constant complainers around here are right at times and wrong at others just like everyone else but the passion that they have for what they are saying is absolutely clear.

It is then easy to extrapolate their love for the team based on the fervor with which they present their opinions.

I am happy that their are people who are hot angry about the things that they perceive to be wrong with the team even if I disagree with what they are saying. Passionate fans are always great to hang around.

I also think that the sunny side up posters are equally great and consider myself to lean that way more often than not because you can count on them to lift you up when things look their darkest.

All of us are needed and equally respected or should be.

We all love the team. I know there are people who post here who think some pretty bad things about me but I don't really care. In the end we all love the same hockey team and away from that who really cares?

All of that said, PSP is above reproach in my opinion when it comes to being a Kings fan and doubly so when it comes to his knowledge/insight into the game.

The way I see it is that there is a fork in the road that every long suffering Kings fan must take sooner or later.

One way leads to the blind optimism and belief that things can and will eventually work out and lead us to a cup. A sort of wait and see approach with the belief that things might just finally be working out.

The other way is the more pragmatic path that causes you to become a realist who looks at the team from a cautiously optimistic/realist approach that leans more towards an I will believe it when I see it path.

Both are equally great and both are equally valid imo.
I like the way you separate your sentences. It's very readable. It kind of says "I dare you not to read this... I knew you couldn't look away."

Well said btw.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:07 PM
  #814
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,407
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
That's fair enough said.

Though I would say that 100% of the time that it is wrong to challenge another's level of commitment of support for the team based on what they say on a website board.

The constant complainers around here are right at times and wrong at others just like everyone else but the passion that they have for what they are saying is absolutely clear.

It is then easy to extrapolate their love for the team based on the fervor with which they present their opinions.

I am happy that their are people who are hot angry about the things that they perceive to be wrong with the team even if I disagree with what they are saying. Passionate fans are always great to hang around.

I also think that the sunny side up posters are equally great and consider myself to lean that way more often than not because you can count on them to lift you up when things look their darkest.

All of us are needed and equally respected or should be.

We all love the team. I know there are people who post here who think some pretty bad things about me but I don't really care. In the end we all love the same hockey team and away from that who really cares?

All of that said, PSP is above reproach in my opinion when it comes to being a Kings fan and doubly so when it comes to his knowledge/insight into the game.

The way I see it is that there is a fork in the road that every long suffering Kings fan must take sooner or later.

One way leads to the blind optimism and belief that things can and will eventually work out and lead us to a cup. A sort of wait and see approach with the belief that things might just finally be working out.

The other way is the more pragmatic path that causes you to become a realist who looks at the team from a cautiously optimistic/realist approach that leans more towards an I will believe it when I see it path.

Both are equally great and both are equally valid imo.
There seems to be a direct correlation between the age of the King fan and his outlook on the team. When I was 20 the Kings were in the Finals and I just started watching in 88 so, yah, everything was f'in awesome. 18 years later here we are, the continual flushing toilet, lots of promises, lots of head coaches, lots of can't miss prospects, bar graphs, pie charts, mentorships, free agents, trades and we can go on and on. When you invest a lot of money and time into the team and never get the result you're looking for I think it's fair to have some rather harsh criticism-not because you've been right but because you've seen this song and dance before. When you're a new King fan and management tells you they found the next savior you're all in. When you're an old King fan you open your closet and find your Pavel Rosa jersey and shake your fist towards the sky in disgust. I enjoy seeing both sides of the argument, that's the point of these places but when people take swipes at guys like PSP I honestly don't get it-the guy has been right much more than any of the Positive Pete's have, they just haven't finished Kings conditioning yet.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:13 PM
  #815
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
It kinda seem weird now to see Richards in a Flyer uniform in Staples. At lest for me.
Just hearing Bill Clement makes me feel like I'm playing NHL 12.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:17 PM
  #816
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
There seems to be a direct correlation between the age of the King fan and his outlook on the team. When I was 20 the Kings were in the Finals and I just started watching in 88 so, yah, everything was f'in awesome. 18 years later here we are, the continual flushing toilet, lots of promises, lots of head coaches, lots of can't miss prospects, bar graphs, pie charts, mentorships, free agents, trades and we can go on and on. When you invest a lot of money and time into the team and never get the result you're looking for I think it's fair to have some rather harsh criticism-not because you've been right but because you've seen this song and dance before. When you're a new King fan and management tells you they found the next savior you're all in. When you're an old King fan you open your closet and find your Pavel Rosa jersey and shake your fist towards the sky in disgust. I enjoy seeing both sides of the argument, that's the point of these places but when people take swipes at guys like PSP I honestly don't get it-the guy has been right much more than any of the Positive Pete's have, they just haven't finished Kings conditioning yet.
As a long long suffering Kings fan who agrees with most of what you are saying, I just don't know where it is coming from in comparison to my post. I mean, we both said pretty much the same thing. The only difference is that I believe that the "Positive Pete's" are also equally important and have the ability to be equally valid.

As to PSP like I said, he is above reproach when it comes to being a Kings fan and his love for the team. At least that is how I see him.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:36 PM
  #817
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,407
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
As a long long suffering Kings fan who agrees with most of what you are saying, I just don't know where it is coming from in comparison to my post. I mean, we both said pretty much the same thing. The only difference is that I believe that the "Positive Pete's" are also equally important and have the ability to be equally valid.

As to PSP like I said, he is above reproach when it comes to being a Kings fan and his love for the team. At least that is how I see him.
I'm agreeing with you as well. I started watching the Kings when I was 15 and in high school-now I'm almost 40! Where are the results? So when I see a guy like PSP give his spin I'm much more inclined to agree with him than some kid who just started watching a few years ago (and by kid I mean anybody under the age of 30-damn kids!). The one thing the Carter deal does for me is it gets me back to seeing the big picture. I'm looking to next year without Penner and Stoll, with Carter, not sure what's gonna happen with Gagne but as a long time King fan I'm going to safely assume it's over, without Mr.Minus Jack Johnson and with the ability to sign a top free agent (will never learn my lesson there)-things might be OK. MIGHT.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:39 PM
  #818
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
At the very least, Carter and Richards look phenomenal together. We've really lucked out at getting them both on this team, at once, in their primes, locked up long term reasonably.

The best part of this goal is where he was standing the entire time before he finally got the shot. He's not Holmstrom in this clip, but he spent more time in front of the goalie here than Penner has in a game.

Or in a month at some points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I enjoy seeing both sides of the argument, that's the point of these places but when people take swipes at guys like PSP I honestly don't get it-the guy has been right much more than any of the Positive Pete's have, they just haven't finished Kings conditioning yet.
I don't think people are saying he's right or wrong really, PSP knows I've taken a shot at him from time to time too. What bugs me about guys like PSP and Herby (just naming a few off the top of my head, not trying to single people out here) is the constant negativity and lack of positives. We aren't the greatest team, I get it, and we are having a down year, so this team and the players have earned some of the anger I see. But we aren't cheering for frickin' Columbus here guys, yet the negative Nancy's make it sound that way. I don't know how many times I've heard from some posters things like "why bother, we'll never win a cup," or "Unfortunately, I'm a Kings fan." It's stuff like that that gets on people nerves, but it really pisses people off when those people who say those things can't bother to show up when we win some games and look good. I've pointed out a few times how when we lose, there's 200+ posts in the PGT at times, many about how we suck, this player sucks, that player sucks, DL sucks, DS sucks, Bailey sucks, Big Mouth Barry should be the next GM and how anyone who pays to watch this team is more retarded than a ****-eyed spider monkey. When we win though, there's about 1/2 to 1/3rd as many posts, and even those are partially critical and along the lines off "We won, but we sure were lucky."

Hate to break it to people, but we have a team which is about 90% of the way to being a cup contending team, and if we work out the few kinks we have (get one more good top six winger, add some skill to the third/fourth line and get more offense out of our system) we could easily be a cup threat for several years. We really aren't that far off, but some posters can only point out the negative.

And sorry, I don't believe that PSP or anyone else has been right much more than the rest of the people on these boards have been about things over the years. Everyone hits something on the head, we all have opinions and they will be right from time to time.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:40 PM
  #819
Vic Vinegar
Registered User
 
Vic Vinegar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
There seems to be a direct correlation between the age of the King fan and his outlook on the team. When I was 20 the Kings were in the Finals and I just started watching in 88 so, yah, everything was f'in awesome. 18 years later here we are, the continual flushing toilet, lots of promises, lots of head coaches, lots of can't miss prospects, bar graphs, pie charts, mentorships, free agents, trades and we can go on and on. When you invest a lot of money and time into the team and never get the result you're looking for I think it's fair to have some rather harsh criticism-not because you've been right but because you've seen this song and dance before. When you're a new King fan and management tells you they found the next savior you're all in. When you're an old King fan you open your closet and find your Pavel Rosa jersey and shake your fist towards the sky in disgust. I enjoy seeing both sides of the argument, that's the point of these places but when people take swipes at guys like PSP I honestly don't get it-the guy has been right much more than any of the Positive Pete's have, they just haven't finished Kings conditioning yet.
At least you got to see them in the Finals . I'm only 21, so the only other playoff appearance I can remember was the one in 2002 (I think) when we almost beat the Avalanche. Almost.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:42 PM
  #820
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
When you're a new King fan and management tells you they found the next savior you're all in. When you're an old King fan you open your closet and find your Pavel Rosa jersey and shake your fist towards the sky in disgust.
I disagree, I have been a fan since the 80s and I always have a positive outlook towards what the Kings put out.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:44 PM
  #821
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,338
vCash: 500
I gotta agree with Tonellisghost ... just because you're a LONG time suffering Kings fan does NOT mean you give in to the Dark side of Pessimism. I've been a fan since 1980 and I'm pushing 44 yrs old, so I'm not far off from the PSP level, yet here I am still doing GDT's because I love this team and want them to win every game ... it's the childish reactions of the fan base that upset me more than if the team itself loses a game. I can take that my team will lose a game from time to time, may not make the playoffs every year, but but how can someone claim to be a "FAN" of the team and have nothing but bad hate filled things to say about them, and take more pleasure in coming on here and say "SEE I told you they'd lose" than if the team could maybe actually win the cup. Something is wrong with your makeup if you're that type of person IMO ... and note I am NOT saying PSP or anyone else IS said type. I agree with Tonellisghost again in that PSP is just as much a fan as most if not more so, because of the fact that he IS still here, IS still a FAN, does still WANT this team to WIN after 40+ years of disappointing heartbreaks.

Anyways ... I sound like a rambling old man myself now, so I'll stop and just shout GO KINGS GO !!!

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:46 PM
  #822
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
I disagree, I have been a fan since the 80s and I always have a positive outlook towards what the Kings put out.
Agree. Been a Kings fan since 1988, so 24 of my 35 years of existence. I have shaken my head at somethings the team does, and have spoken out against them (Penner most recently) but I still can find things to be positive about as a Kings fan.

We've had one playoff series win in 18 year, and only made the playoffs six times in total IIRC, and I can still find something each year to be positive about. It's not that hard if you try. It's frustrating, I agree though.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
  #823
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,666
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
I gotta agree with Tonellisghost ... just because you're a LONG time suffering Kings fan does NOT mean you give in to the Dark side of Pessimism. I've been a fan since 1980 and I'm pushing 44 yrs old, so I'm not far off from the PSP level, yet here I am still doing GDT's because I love this team and want them to win every game ... it's the childish reactions of the fan base that upset me more than if the team itself loses a game. I can take that my team will lose a game from time to time, may not make the playoffs every year, but but how can someone claim to be a "FAN" of the team and have nothing but bad hate filled things to say about them, and take more pleasure in coming on here and say "SEE I told you they'd lose" than if the team could maybe actually win the cup. Something is wrong with your makeup if you're that type of person IMO ... and note I am NOT saying PSP or anyone else IS said type. I agree with Tonellisghost again in that PSP is just as much a fan as most if not more so, because of the fact that he IS still here, IS still a FAN, does still WANT this team to WIN after 40+ years of disappointing heartbreaks.

Anyways ... I sound like a rambling old man myself now, so I'll stop and just shout GO KINGS GO !!!
This post rocks the casbah. And this time, Sharif likes it!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:57 PM
  #824
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
I gotta agree with Tonellisghost ... just because you're a LONG time suffering Kings fan does NOT mean you give in to the Dark side of Pessimism. I've been a fan since 1980 and I'm pushing 44 yrs old, so I'm not far off from the PSP level, yet here I am still doing GDT's because I love this team and want them to win every game ... it's the childish reactions of the fan base that upset me more than if the team itself loses a game. I can take that my team will lose a game from time to time, may not make the playoffs every year, but but how can someone claim to be a "FAN" of the team and have nothing but bad hate filled things to say about them, and take more pleasure in coming on here and say "SEE I told you they'd lose" than if the team could maybe actually win the cup. Something is wrong with your makeup if you're that type of person IMO ... and note I am NOT saying PSP or anyone else IS said type. I agree with Tonellisghost again in that PSP is just as much a fan as most if not more so, because of the fact that he IS still here, IS still a FAN, does still WANT this team to WIN after 40+ years of disappointing heartbreaks.

Anyways ... I sound like a rambling old man myself now, so I'll stop and just shout GO KINGS GO !!!
You are however the most positive person on this board. You are a special case.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 03:01 PM
  #825
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,666
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
You are however the most positive person on this board. You are a special case.
WTF are you talking about? Herby is the most positive on the board!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.