HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Blue Jackets @ YOUR Phoenix Coyotes 03/03/2012 6:00 MST

Old
03-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I don't get it. I'm ecstatic that the Coyotes are leading the division (by a whopping two points!), but I didn't think they had any business catching up to the Sharks. Is it a player thing? A coaching thing?
Lots of Sharks fans say its a coaching thing and some a GM thing. Right now, I say there is plenty of blame to go around. Their best players are not geting done. Doug Wilson despite making that team a winner over the years has let key players go like Nabby and The Goooch. Niemi is looking more like a flash in the pan. Coach Todd does get some of the of the blame for not getting this team to high tail it at this stage but he really should be on the chopping black because he did get that team to 2 straight WCF.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:20 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Schlemko? No, no. Morris is the one that needs replaced.
Morris might not play the rest of the season. I'm fine with either of Schlemko/Summers playing the 6/7 spot. Athough Summers certainly has an chance to win it if he continues the way he' been playing. The edge might be given to him based on defensive ability alone, him playing 3rd pairing minutes. Once Schlemko and Klesla get healthy. I would like to see Rusty play with Yandle who's playing Byfuglien style hockey. Racking up points but not playing defense. Seriously, there's no structure in his game right now. It's frustrating.

Yandle-Klesla
OEL-Aucoin
Summers-Rosival
Schlemko

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:25 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

So what's the story on Morris? They said family emergency, it must be serious if he's going to be out the rest of the season.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:30 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
So what's the story on Morris? They said family emergency, it must be serious if he's going to be out the rest of the season.
Have they said exactly what it is? He's been out for a good while, and he was really playing well for a time after he was a scratch for a bit. I miss him. I hope whatever the emergency is that it is turning around for the better.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:55 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Somthing has to be wrong with one of his kids, or his wife for him to be out this long. But we shouldn't be worrying about it. It's his buissnes, not ours.

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:55 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I haven't seen anything - I heard brief mention of an illness in the family, then it went to "family emergency". But nothing has come out since that.

I remember when Langkow's mom died, it was just a personal emergency at first, then the facts came out a few days later.

Old
03-04-2012, 03:10 PM
MP

Quote:
The Coyotes as a team need to find the urgency to start games strong BEFORE they are down a goal or three. We can't rely on that adversity to bring the team intensity up. That is a dangerous game that rarely works.
You have a point. It just seems like this team has a history of playing down to the competition. Top teams bring out the best, poor teams bring out the worst, that kind of crap.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:18 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Somthing has to be wrong with one of his kids, or his wife for him to be out this long. But we shouldn't be worrying about it. It's his buissnes, not ours.
As a human being, I care and wish him the best!

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:45 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
As a human being, I care and wish him the best!
Me too. Even if there's nothing we can do to help the situation, we can still keep him and his family in our thoughts.

Old
03-04-2012, 04:04 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
I disagree. I don't think it was a matter of looking past Columbus. I think we fans have been a little guilty of looking past the warts on our winning streak. I think last night's awful start was pretty standard.

We've surrendered the first goal or two or three in three straight games. We've given up the first goal or three in five out of our last six games.

Let me type that again...

We've given up the first goal or three in FIVE of our last SIX games.

These bad habits are not new.

The Coyotes as a team need to find the urgency to start games strong BEFORE they are down a goal or three. We can't rely on that adversity to bring the team intensity up. That is a dangerous game that rarely works.
Both very astute and very correct. Think of it like earlier in the season when we gave up late goals to Dallas and the Rangers that lost us points. For most posters here, that is probably the first time in a while that those games were brought up. In a winning streak, it is easy to highlight the good over the bad. Same way with this run of two games. Everyone is focusing on some of the negatives.

Bottom line is that we are a playoff caliber team and we need to show it by being more responsible defensively from puck drop to final horn. It really could be that simple....

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote