HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Frattin - Ranked 4th. for TSN RW's

Old
03-04-2012, 03:53 PM
meng666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post
Kadri sucked more outside of like 3 games he was literally useless, yet people were crying to get him in the lineup.
I don't think many people would agree with that unless they had some sort of anti-Kadri thing going on. Kadri sure as **** wasn't the saviour when he was up but he was fairly noticeable with hits, drawing penalties and setting guys up even in his most lack lustre games. I like Kadri alot and I thought it was ****** for the team that he didn't get a big role this year but that being said, if Frattin keeps up his game for the rest of the season I can't complain about ****.

meng666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:00 PM
LC

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Is there anything more laughable than a dude criticizing a player for redirecting his teammates to cover the man? I've heard it all now.
Nope...

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:00 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Kadri will have to understand that he has to get bigger,otherwise,he's not going to play at this level. At least not in Toronto. Especially with our new coach,who wants everyone to crash and bang all game long.

iArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:01 PM
meng666

Quote:
Is there anything more laughable than a dude criticizing a player for redirecting his teammates to cover the man? I've heard it all now.
Yeah that's wild eh man? You've really heard it all now.
A rookie winger consistently redirecting teammates to cover guys is sooo commonplace.
I guess he should start doing it again right?
keep it coming though please.

Old
03-04-2012, 04:05 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
Kadri will have to understand that he has to get bigger,otherwise,he's not going to play at this level. At least not in Toronto. Especially with our new coach,who wants everyone to crash and bang all game long.
Carlyle had blake, selanne, koivu on the ducks and knows how to use players strengths effectively.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:07 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by meng666 View Post
A rookie winger consistently redirecting teammates to cover guys is sooo commonplace.
Sure, I love when players work together with defensive zone coverage. Are you so dim you don't know coaches like when players are talking to each other, shows they're aware. Nice criticism, absolutely ridiculous. That Frattin, can you believe he told Lombardi there was a guy flying down the wing, pick him up, what an idiot!

You should stop talking....

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Guster Burton
Rookie User

Quote:
He actually only did that one time ( that I noticed) and it was to Kadri, IIRC, who is also a rookie and much younger. I'm guessing in your world, once means always.

Guster Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:10 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guster Burton View Post
He actually only did that one time ( that I noticed) and it was to Kadri, IIRC, who is also a rookie and much younger. I'm guessing in your world, once means always.
Actually, no, he did it a few times that I saw. I liked it, because it showed the rookie was defensively responsible. To criticize that, just unreal.

Old
03-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Frattin is a good fit with Grabo he's like Kulie of last year.

Almost identical players.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:21 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
he did it more then any player I have ever seen play the game.
Oh good, hyperbole too!

Take a knee would ya, god.

Old
03-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
Selanne
Koivu
Blake

All three played top 6 roles in Anaheim. All three produced.

Heck even Ryan wasn't that physical.

4/6 of the ducks top 6 wasn't crashing and banging.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Frattin - Grabovski - MacArthur

Mac likes to bump a bit, so does Lupul and Frattin. But we don't have a hit and grind top 6 group.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:31 PM
meng666

Quote:
Oh good, hyperbole too!

Take a knee would ya, god.
Sure.
But first, why don't you explain why he has stopped doing this great thing that you would bother to be such a ***** about to defend? He use to point all the time, it looked ridiculous for a rookie to be calling out the defensive assignments over and over. I didn't say that he should have cut it out completely, like you implied ya tool. I just said he did it SO much that it was getting a tad out of hand. Now he has stopped completely. So what's the point of being such a smart ass about that?

Old
03-04-2012, 04:33 PM
T M L

I like the kid, and think he will be a good player for Toronto. He is solid out there and can dish out some hits for sure.

T M L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Espher

Send a message via ICQ to Espher Send a message via AIM to Espher Send a message via MSN to Espher Send a message via Yahoo to Espher
Frattin likely hasn't had to communicate defensive assignments because he hasn't had to communicate defensive assignments since the callup.

Espher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:45 PM
philer Bozel
Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post
Kadri sucked more outside of like 3 games he was literally useless, yet people were crying to get him in the lineup.

Frattin played fine he wasnt getting a free ride for half the season, he's a rookie. He only had 10 points his first stint but you could see the way he played the game he was going to get better.

Nobody else on this team drives wide and across the net, let alone with the speed an does it consistently. Back when people cried and moaned about how he shot it wide or into the goalie, most of those were created off chances no other leaf player could create. People around here acted like every shot had to go in. Like he had to score like Kessel or else he was useless and needed to be off the team for the great Kadri.

Frattin has had a decent rookie year on a team that lacks direction. He has been fine. He obviously not an all star but he has the tools and the effort to be a 2nd/3rd liner who can score 20 and create problems for the other team.
LOL oh lord Frattins a rookie so now he's not going to be held accountable or anything. Yet Kadri oh Kadri, he was a rookie to but unless he produced he was being sent right back down. I could get youtube videos of so many sweet plays kadri did this/last season probably double of Frattin's.

Frattin is a great player. But kadri imo is much better. Just not being given the chance.

edit: oh and by the way your blind hate for kadri is pretty pathetic. You don't have to like him but the bull **** you're making up is quite sad. Not sure if you watched him in his last call up. If you didn't the disregard this last part because you would not of seen all the good things he was doing. if so then.................

Last edited by philer Bozel: 03-04-2012 at 04:52 PM.
philer Bozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:58 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmillz View Post
Yep he had a solid game, but honestly he's was pretty good earlier in the year too. Ron Wilson just kept trying to get something out of Kulemin that he hasn't provided us all year. Those type of commitments get thrown out with a new coach, no one has earned anything with Carlyle yet. Randy put Frattin on the 2nd line and he proved to be solid. He saw that in the first that line generated some good scoring chances and he leaned on them more then the first line.
To be fair to Wilson he had Frattin on the second line for many games before he was sent down to find his scoring touch

dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Turk Broda

Quote:
You're the maroon who criticized him for it. You should go to the couch, have a Nyquil or something

And let the record show the guy who had a problem with Frattin showing defensive awareness called me an "idiot". I love irony.
Steve V...the expert on calling people morons and pointing out irony.

Turk Broda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:26 PM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

He looked great out there yesterday, maybe after the crappy overpaid players like Connolly, Armstrong and Lombardi go, guys like Frattin, Kadri and etc will have there chance.

James Duthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:40 PM
akademiks

I like Frattin, and hope he stays.

To be honest the season hasnt been what I expected (as opposed to the performance of players last year) so the bright spots that do shine through are something to look forward to at least.

The youtube clip floating around of Frattin's college highlights was enough for me to see potential in the guy. Now that he's on the big club, I hope to see more of it.

Having our own Bobby Ryan type clone would be reaching, but I'd like to see that level of production.

akademiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:42 PM
dimi78

What I don't get is this Frattin vs Kadri going on in this thread with the knocking of both players to boost your favorite.

I'm waiting for the day on this forum to have multiple posters talk on here in the point of view of how players fit within a unit to what they do or don't do instead of this constant look of who's better than the other all the time.

Frattin and Kadri are two very different players where both bring individual elements within a unit to be effective. Kadri the gritty highly skilled playmaker with sweet hands and Frattin the big, strong, gritty hard nosed player with a lethal shot. You ask me these two are just perfect to play together on the same line where they would compliment each other in bringing the best out of each other.

If I had one complaint all year when it comes to Frattin is that there is no game plan to use his lethal shot where again last night he didn't get any PP time and that just boggles my mind. This kid should be set up not just be a hard working player and this is where Kadri comes to play cause he would find him if the Leafs ever started to realize the weapon Frattin is and could be.

I

dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Frattin is a good fit with Grabo he's like Kulie of last year.

Almost identical players.
Good insurance plan for Kulemin if he never gets going offensively again, or if something nice gets dangled in the market place.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
What I don't get is this Frattin vs Kadri going on in this thread with the knocking of both players to boost your favorite.

I'm waiting for the day on this forum to have multiple posters talk on here in the point of view of how players fit within a unit to what they do or don't do instead of this constant look of who's better than the other all the time.

Frattin and Kadri are two very different players where both bring individual elements within a unit to be effective. Kadri the gritty highly skilled playmaker with sweet hands and Frattin the big, strong, gritty hard nosed player with a lethal shot. You ask me these two are just perfect to play together on the same line where they would compliment each other in bringing the best out of each other.

If I had one complaint all year when it comes to Frattin is that there is no game plan to use his lethal shot where again last night he didn't get any PP time and that just boggles my mind. This kid should be set up not just be a hard working player and this is where Kadri comes to play cause he would find him if the Leafs ever started to realize the weapon Frattin is and could be.

I
It's almost as if people think there should be one prospect coming up at a time, or they get confused if there's two players of the same position and age group...

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:58 PM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

Just saying...

Frattin has 5 goals on 11 shots for a 45.5 shooting %

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:31 PM
ITM

Frattin's a beaut. Don't mind his development at all. His style reminds of Detroit Red Wings resilience.

Kadri. He's going to be fine. He's producing. He cares and he's still developing.

We have other(real) problems to worry about.

ITM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:42 AM
Bomber0104

Are we trying to downplay our number one goal scorer?

6 goals in 8 games.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote