HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan at the draft

Old
03-04-2012, 02:45 PM
islandermaniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
No way. Bailey and our 1st round pick.
bailey has not produced at the level required to land ryan. the ducks will require goal scoring in return and they get that from grabner and okposo. you have to give to get and i think this is a good hockey trade for each team.

islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Ryan and a first for Vanek?
I would not do Ryan for Vanek straight up. Vanek is overpayed which is a big deal to us and he is not any better then Ryan. Definitely not enough to get a top 10 pick with it.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Minnesota has the pieces to get it done, but I'm sure we wouldn't do it, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want them to. But just for fun, would Anaheim say no to any of these...

Granlund + 2nd rounder (Washington's)

Minnesota would give up our top prospect, but retain the ability to draft his replacement (if Galchenyuk falls). Anaheim gets their 2nd line center of the future and what seems to be a mid 2nd. If Lats had no head issues, I could possibly see this.

1st rounder (5-8ish) + middle prospect (Haula)

Meh.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Minnesota has the pieces to get it done, but I'm sure we wouldn't do it, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want them to. But just for fun, would Anaheim say no to any of these...

Granlund + 2nd rounder (Washington's)

Minnesota would give up our top prospect, but retain the ability to draft his replacement (if Galchenyuk falls). Anaheim gets their 2nd line center of the future and what seems to be a mid 2nd. If Lats had no head issues, I could possibly see this.

1st rounder (5-8ish) + middle prospect (Haula)

Meh.
I don't think we would with the first offer. Granlund may be a very good prospect, but he is still just a prospect.

I'm sure a few of our fans would do the second one if the draft pick was a little higher.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:43 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

the problem with trading Ryan is the ducks need to build their 2nd line of the future, most of us have penciled him in as the player, but he's really pissed me off this year, he's highly skilled and honestly with first PP time he'd still put up 35-40 goals playing so crappy but I think he enjoyed his new contract a little to much last summer. If we can package him and our first for either a top pair D or a center that could be considered a "1b" to Getzlaf I think you do it.

I know it's unlikely but since the Kings have Carter and Richards, and need a wing, I wonder if a deal built around Kopitar and Ryan could work. Same age, players that have not played nearly as well as they can this year. I can't see the Kings paying those 3 centers long term, w/Loktionov needing minutes

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

I'd love Ryan on the Leafs. We'd be another step closer to becoming the Toronto Maple Ducks.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Shaun
twitter:shaunjamesss

I'd trade Krejci for Ryan

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:50 PM
KOHitter87

Krejci for Ryan will happen its a pretty even swap. There contarcts are very close boston needs that space for Seguin, and they need a winger that can go top shelve. Something they cant do. Imagine a line Lucic Seguin Ryan. Its the best deal i think the ducks could get fills a need and get a young star center who preforms in the playoffs.

KOHitter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Any top 5 team interested in giving up a first plus prospect? Still on pace for 30 goals

Reasoning is due to wanting a center for the Etem's line a few years down the road. Whether the pick be Galchenyuk or Grigorenko. With Koivu retiring and Selanne retiring, the ducks will be in desperate need of scoring.

I think Galchs or Grigs IS that guy!

What would it take top 5 pick teams???
Isn't Holland a center?

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
the problem with trading Ryan is the ducks need to build their 2nd line of the future, most of us have penciled him in as the player, but he's really pissed me off this year, he's highly skilled and honestly with first PP time he'd still put up 35-40 goals playing so crappy but I think he enjoyed his new contract a little to much last summer. If we can package him and our first for either a top pair D or a center that could be considered a "1b" to Getzlaf I think you do it.

I know it's unlikely but since the Kings have Carter and Richards, and need a wing, I wonder if a deal built around Kopitar and Ryan could work. Same age, players that have not played nearly as well as they can this year. I can't see the Kings paying those 3 centers long term, w/Loktionov needing minutes
Carter is better suited to playing the wings. They are not going to trade Kopitar.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
Isn't Holland a center?
He is, but you see, that would mean showing patience. Maybe Galchenyuk or Grigorenko will jump in next year, just like Etem clearly will.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Pitlick*

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...er-bobby-ryan/

Ryan talks heating up.

(Yes, the thread title could use updating, I searched and all the other Ryan threads are closed.)

What would the Ducks be after from these teams for Bobby Ryan; 3 years remaining on his contract at $5.1 mil?

Pitlick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
This is based on that blowhard's story in the Ottawa sun...

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlick View Post
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...er-bobby-ryan/

Ryan talks heating up.

(Yes, the thread title could use updating, I searched and all the other Ryan threads are closed.)

What would the Ducks be after from these teams for Bobby Ryan; 3 years remaining on his contract at $5.1 mil?
Except for the main Ryan thread... http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1222979

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote