Blank-Cogs-DSP
Blank-Blank -Blank
Beleskey-Bonino-Blank

Vish-Fowler
Sbisa-Beauch
Lydman-Blank
Guenin

Hiller-Deslauriers

and about 18M to spend...not 24M because Ducks have internal cap...My guess Teemu comes back so subtract 4M..so fill it out with 12M

Have at it!!!!!

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
If Cogliano and DSP are on the second line expect a worse year than this one.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:38 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
LW-C-Selanne/Palmieri
Hagman-Bonino/Holland-Cogliano
DSP-Bonino-Beleskey

Time will show if some prospects are ready for NHL-play. Palmieri and Holland should be closest.

On the D we should rather keep Brookbank and trade Lydman.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
If Cogliano and DSP are on the second line expect a worse year than this one.
I think he was just listing players, he has Vish and Fowler on a pairing.

Palmieri(1.025)-Getz(6.125)-Perry(4.875)
Cogs(2.35)-Koivu(2)-Ryan(5.5625)
-Bonino(.8)-DSP(.87)
Beleskey(.7375)-Pelley(.65)-
Parros(.875)

Beauch(3.5)-Fowler(1.4)
Vis(3)-Sbisa(2)
Lydman(3)-Schultz(1)
Guenin (.525)

Hiller(4.5)
JDD(.625)

That has us at 45.42 mill with 2 spots left to fill. I would like to see us go after someone like a David Jones for the 3rd line spot. But i see Bob Murray going after guys like Penner and Hagman to fill those 2 spots.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:54 PM
ninetynine*

I like having Parros in instead of Pelley, a simple look at the stats makes it clear that Parros is actually the better player, not to mention he fights and is a fan favourite enforcer. Beleskey-Bonino-Parros is actually a pretty solid 4th line. I hope it stays like that not only for the rest of this this year, but for next.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

If that's the lineup my instinct would be to salary-dump Lydman, keep Brookbank, and spend good money on a 2nd line winger. Assuming we keep Koivu. If not, I'd spend it on a center. But Cogliano-Koivu is 2/3 of a 3rd line, so I'd do whatever it takes to upgrade there.

Bodacious Wits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Jerky Leclerc

The youth movement in the 3rd and 4th line this year was a big failure. Not sure if Bob Murray wants to go that route again for next year.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:05 PM
JabbaJabba

That Blank guy is pretty good I hear.

My fantasy:

Draft Galchenyuk (or Grigorenko). Resign Hagman and Koivu for less than 2mil each, and Selšnne for 3,5mil. The team should cost less that 55mil which leaves room for resigning Fowler, Getzlaf and Perry.

Lineup:

Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Galchenyuk-Selšnne
Hagman-Bonino-Palmieri
Cogliano-Koivu-DSP
Pelley/O'Marra/tough guy

Beauchemin-Fowler
Visnovsky-Sbisa
Lydman-Schultz/Vatanen
Brookbank/Clark

Hiller
Tarkki

Etem complements the Twins nicely with his speed, work ethic and forechecking. Galchenyuk has two nice snipers he can pass to and learn from. Bonino continues to progress and has chemistry with Palmieri while Hagman brings work ethic and forechecking. 4th line is basically a 3rd line with good work ethic, speed and hard hitting. Bottom 6 lines can be changed to various combinations and there are few players who can play in the top 6 if needed. No fighter in the lineup but a tough guy as a 13th forward who'll play when needed.

Defence is pretty much the same, Fowler's sophomore slump ends and he and Sbisa continue to develop. Beauchemin is the work horse and Visnovsky has a healthier season. Lydman plays with one of Schultz or Vatanen or Clark if those two aren't ready. Brookbank stays as a 7th defender and he can play when bad boys are needed.

Hiller is number one goalie and Tarkki takes over the backup spot once he gets his chance.

PP lines:

1st unit:

Selšnne-Getzlaf-Perry
Fowler-Galchenyuk

2nd unit:

Ryan-Bonino/Koivu-Etem/Palmieri/DSP
Visnovsky-Schultz/Vatanen/Sbisa

PK lines:

Perry-Koivu
Beauchemin-Sbisa

Hagman-Getzlaf/Bonino
Lydman-Cogliano/DSP/Ryan/Etem

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

I love Koivu, but he can't be at 2C if we're going to compete next year. And definitely not Cogs.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:16 PM
ninetynine*

Please get rid of Pelley, please. Konopka would be nice.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
If that's the lineup my instinct would be to salary-dump Lydman, keep Brookbank, and spend good money on a 2nd line winger. Assuming we keep Koivu. If not, I'd spend it on a center. But Cogliano-Koivu is 2/3 of a 3rd line, so I'd do whatever it takes to upgrade there.
Brookbank is having one hell of a year, I would not be surprised to see him looking to get paid. If he hits the open market some idiot will offer him at least $1.5M+ per year. If Matt Walker can get $1.7M and Jeff Finger can get $3.5M I shudder to think what potential offers Brookbank may receive.

I wouldn't go above $1M personally. Even that's a stretch.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:32 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Galchenyuk-Selšnne
Hagman-Bonino-Palmieri
Cogliano-Koivu-DSP
Pelley/O'Marra/tough guy
As much as I love the youngster enthusiasm. Are we sure Etem and Galchenyuk are NHL-ready...?

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

That's ambitious. Two rookies in our top six? Not to mention we'll likely see another rookie on our blue line. That has the makings of an ugly season.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

I think it's too early. Incredibly many variables. I think we'll see either Palmieri or Etem with the Getzlaf/Perry, but other than that, I find it hard to even offer a "best guess". I am getting a feeling Teemu will be back once again. No idea what that means for Koivu, but I really don't want to just keep going forward with Teemu-Koivu-x as our 2nd line. Ryan - if still with us - needs to be on a different line than the twins, IMO. Bonino has been very good recently, but in a relatively limited role. Holland should be considered a stretch at this point, and he won't get a chance to convince BM/BB until camp, when we'll most likely have made some kind of move (re-signing Koivu / signing one of the few free agents that could fill the role / trade for a guy). If we ended up losing the next one or two, and the realization what that means sunk in and we lost some more, Grigorenko/Galchenyuk could become further variables.

DSP should be a fixture for the 3rd line. Other than that, I mentioned Bonino who has impressed and should be considered the favourite for that spot, but let's not remember that Kyle Chipchura and Brandon MacMillan looked very good to end a year before falling from the face of the earth over little more than a summer. Same goes for Beleskey.

There really isn't much that can be said with even a fair degree of certainty at this point. Would love to speculate myself, but I think there's just too little to go on. Let's play some more hockey games, see how this season ends up, and see what happens at the draft. After that, I feel we could have a bit more of an idea of where we are headed.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
That's ambitious. Two rookies in our top six? Not to mention we'll likely see another rookie on our blue line. That has the makings of an ugly season.
To be honest, I think that design would be the only one in which I could see two rookies in the top-six as somewhat realistic, and no guaranteed one-way ticket to a lottery pick. I would not worry too much about a rookie playing with Getzlaf/Perry. A rookie center on the 2nd line obviously is a bigger question mark, even with established guys like Teemu and Ryan. I would leave it to others to judge whether Galchenyuk (or Grigorenko) could do that. But I am fascinated, as I can't remember a player rising (lone alone that much) while not playing at all due to an injury, as with Galchenyuk.

Old
03-04-2012, 04:58 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
To be honest, I think that design would be the only one in which I could see two rookies in the top-six as somewhat realistic, and no guaranteed one-way ticket to a lottery pick. I would not worry too much about a rookie playing with Getzlaf/Perry. A rookie center on the 2nd line obviously is a bigger question mark, even with established guys like Teemu and Ryan. I would leave it to others to judge whether Galchenyuk (or Grigorenko) could do that. But I am fascinated, as I can't remember a player rising (lone alone that much) while not playing at all due to an injury, as with Galchenyuk.
Jeff Skinner?

And Galchenyuk is touted to be better than Skinner was overall.

Though knowing the Ducks they'd send him down if he doesn't show that the Ducks can't afford to move on without him. If they do draft him of course. It's impossible to consider who we'll sign, should Koivu, Teemu, and Blake leave the team.

I'd like to sign Hagman. That's all I can say right now.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Jeff Skinner?

Don't really see the comparision to that extent in terms of rising while not playing, as Skinner played in 64 games in his draft year. I thought about Brett Connolly, but I'm not sure if he really rose. He seemed to be very high regarded before his injury, and seemed to just fall less due to it than many expected when the Bolts selected him, but I'm unsure if even that was as much of a case of a player's stock rising the way Galchenyuk's seems to while sidelined. Really looking forward how things shake out for him.

Old
03-04-2012, 05:24 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
1.2% chance of making the playoffs means time to look to next season

Fill out the roster how you see fit...
Perry-Getz-Ryan
Blank-Cogs-DSP
Blank-Blank -Blank
Beleskey-Bonino-Blank

Vish-Fowler
Sbisa-Beauch
Lydman-Blank
Guenin
Hiller-Deslauriers
Ryan-Getz-Perry
Blank-Blank-Blank
Cogs-Bonino-DSP
Beleskey-Pelley-Parros

Vish-Fowler
Sbisa-Beauch
Lydman-Brookbank/Shutlz

Hiller/JDD

I could see Etem or Palmieri playing with the big club, but not both. I think Etem would be great on Cogs' wing. Think of that speed! I could also see us resigning Hagman, but it would have to be for less than 2 mil and on a one year deal. Other than that, we need to know if Teemu is coming back, and if we can get a better 2nd line center than Koivu. We really can't rely on Koivu as our second line center anymore though...

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Jeff Skinner?

Though knowing the Ducks they'd send him down if he doesn't show that the Ducks can't afford to move on without him. If they do draft him of course. It's impossible to consider who we'll sign, should Koivu, Teemu, and Blake leave the team.

I'd like to sign Hagman. That's all I can say right now.
What allowed Skinner make the jump earlier than most of his peers is that the guy could skate like few in the NHL could, AND he had the offensive skills to match.

Galchenyuk is far from a lock to play in the NHL next season.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
What allowed Skinner make the jump earlier than most of his peers is that the guy could skate like few in the NHL could, AND he had the offensive skills to match.

Galchenyuk is far from a lock to play in the NHL next season.
It's locked Forsberg - Galchenyuk - Etem

Mhmm

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

If Teemu comes back.. and Samueli doesn't raise the budget by at least as much as Teemu's salary.. DON'T EXPECT BETTER RESULTS.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Theridion

3rd line: Its going to be a mix. Youngster, vets, whatever. We aren't going to move to try to make a 3rd line, and instead, next year its going to be a tryout again for who gets to play on the 3rd line.

2nd line: If Selanne retires, Koivu is ok centering the 2nd line, but we're going to need that line to actually contribute.

I am always in favor of building the second line around Ryan next year, but that probably means finding someone good to play with Perry and Getzlaf... NOT more belesky... flavor of the month. If the first line isn't clicking, then its going to be a long 2012-2013.

So we need 2 Wingers (Koivu staying), 1 of the 2nd and 1 for the 1st line. I like our draft pick, but I wouldn't mind moving it and signing someone. Maybe Kariya is done with retirement and wants a 2nd shot?

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Theridion

One small thing:

This season has left a bad taste in my mouth... Maybe its just me, but seeing a lot of the same names over again next year doesn't get me excited.

I kinda want to see Selanne retire and koivu move on... just for the sake of shaking things up. I know that's horrible to say.

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:20 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

I'd say one of Holland/Etem/Palmieri must be on the 2nd like next year. Whoever shows up best during or camp out of Etem and Palmieri if we get a 2nd line C or keep Koivu for it. Or have Holland as the 2C with Bobby and another vet

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:29 PM
AmericanRocket91

I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I hope Teemu and Koivu don't return. Our team depends way too much on them. I'd rather see us rebuild by calling up Etem, Holland, vatanen, Palmeri and so on

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Smith-Pelly-Holland-Etem
Palmeri-Bonino-Cogs
Belesky-blank-blank

Beauch-Fowler
Sbisa-Lubo
Brookbank-Lydman
-Vatanen

If this experiment doesn't work in the first half of the season we can shake up the roster at the trade deadline and the 2013 draft.

AmericanRocket91 is offline   Reply With Quote