HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's Just Say 04-06 Roy Would Fit In On the Nucks

Old
03-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Zippster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieBruce View Post
Yeah, Kaleta has no physical aspect of his game anymore...
Kaleta is a target for the refs, you have Kassian charging clearly across ice to make hits with no penaltys at all and Kaleta gets shoved through their goalie but gets called....

Zippster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:27 PM
BrodieBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Kaleta is a target for the refs, you have Kassian charging clearly across ice to make hits with no penaltys at all and Kaleta gets shoved through their goalie but gets called....
oh, I thought the ridiculousness of that statement and the "..." following it implied my sarcasm. welp.

BrodieBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Dreakon

I thought Kassian played great tonight, I wish he would've played more like that when he was here.

I'm a little disappointed in CoHo at the moment, but 3 games in 4 days on the road, on a new team with new linemates, lots of traveling and probably not a ton of practice time... he gets a pass for the time being. As solid and defensively sound as his game was though, we need offense and he's definitely a part of that.

Dreakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Kyndig86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakon View Post
I thought Kassian played great tonight, I wish he would've played more like that when he was here.

I'm a little disappointed in CoHo at the moment, but 3 games in 4 days on the road, on a new team with new linemates, lots of traveling and probably not a ton of practice time... he gets a pass for the time being. As solid and defensively sound as his game was though, we need offense and he's definitely a part of that.
Kassian played great but he won't be able to do it every game what he has done the past couple games. It wont be long before he gets a suspension or himself injured.

Hodgson has been fine its not his fault his linemates keep screwing up his perfect passes..is a faster skater than advertised and better defensively than advertised. The only thing I haven't seen yet so far is his big slapshot that he supposedly has.

Kyndig86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:50 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakon View Post

If his line mates could finish he would have a few assists already. He's looked great the last few games creating a bevy of scoring chances. He's a +3 as well. You don't have to put up points to play a good game

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:53 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Ruff doesn't value physical play as a core component to a winning hockey team. He coaches a passive system that removes the types of physical plays that guys like Kassian or kaleta bring to the ice. Kassian was going out of his way to deliver punishing physical play... Ruff doesn't allow such plays as the don't adher to the system
probably why he was a -2 in the first

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:06 PM
jamers
bleep bop bloop

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Here's a post game comment by Kassian:

Bye byeeeee!!
Honestly, I don't blame him for that comment. It's probably true. The Canucks are the top team in the NHL for a reason, and I haven't felt like calling the Sabres a team until recently.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamers View Post
Honestly, I don't blame him for that comment. It's probably true. The Canucks are the top team in the NHL for a reason, and I haven't felt like calling the Sabres a team until recently.

Either do I. People in Vancouver are looking for ways to hate Cody and people in Buffalo are looking for reasons to hate Zack. **** is so childish.

People need to let go. They're both great kids with lots of potential and they're both in better situations as are the respective teams.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Either do I. People in Vancouver are looking for ways to hate Cody and people in Buffalo are looking for reasons to hate Zack. **** is so childish.

People need to let go. They're both great kids with lots of potential and they're both in better situations as are the respective teams.
Exactly. I don't hate Kassian just because he's on a different team. I'm rooting for him.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:27 PM
whiplash

The Whoah:

A GDT locked for size? When was the last time that happened in the regular season. Call Elias Sports Bureau, I bet they know

whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:

well said.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Dreakon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
If his line mates could finish he would have a few assists already. He's looked great the last few games creating a bevy of scoring chances. He's a +3 as well. You don't have to put up points to play a good game
Never said he didn't play a good game, but I still want him producing. Whatever the reason is.

Dreakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
there you have it. one quote from a time when the team was losing and media harping about the issue and this becomes Ruffs philosophy.

You blame Ruff for Kassian losing his physical edge here and use one quote to justify your reasoning yet totally dismiss the times when Ruff called out Zack for not being physical.
Or when Zack blew off questions about his lack of physical engagement or that the coaches at both levels asked more from him, eventually in the press, and he didn't deliver. The kid's got a lot of growing up to do. If he can ever find a way to consistency, great. Right now, he's living off anger. It'll be interesting to see if he starts getting sleepy again after this game.

03-04-2012, 04:55 PM
IranCondraAffair

I just wanted to come over and congratulate you guys. Just 2 points out with 14 games remaining is definitely do-able, and NO ONE will want to play you guys.

Great trade deadline too

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
there you have it. one quote from a time when the team was losing and media harping about the issue and this becomes Ruffs philosophy.

You blame Ruff for Kassian losing his physical edge here and use one quote to justify your reasoning yet totally dismiss the times when Ruff called out Zack for not being physical.
Well they originally wanted Stafford to be a power forward and failed to bring that out of his game. So, the track record is growing.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
Well they originally wanted Stafford to be a power forward and failed to bring that out of his game. So, the track record is growing.

That's because you don't "bring out" a physical game in players. They either have it..or they don't. It's the mentality of each individual player. You can't teach what Kassian or Kaleta have.

The problem Kassian was having here was all on his shoulders and to his credit he recognizes the problem and it seems for now he's addressing it.

I think if anyone has gotten into Zacks ears about toning down his physicality it has been his Agent... he doesn't want to be a 3rd or 4th line goon..known for his fighting and hitting.. He wants to be a skilled player that will earn him more $$$. He just needs to find that balance which in time I think he will.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
That's because you don't "bring out" a physical game in players. They either have it..or they don't. It's the mentality of each individual player. You can't teach what Kassian or Kaleta have.

The problem Kassian was having here was all on his shoulders and to his credit he recognizes the problem and it seems for now he's addressing it.

I think if anyone has gotten into Zacks ears about toning down his physicality it has been his Agent... he doesn't want to be a 3rd or 4th line goon..known for his fighting and hitting.. He wants to be a skilled player that will earn him more $$$. He just needs to find that balance which in time I think he will.
Now that you mention it, Kaleta hasn't been throwing his weight around as much this season. Myers never became a Chara-like hitter yet either.

Could be that the coach doesn't want to coach that out of them, or doesn't know how too? It could appear that the Nucks coach DOES know how to bring that out of his players. Kesler being his crowning achievement. Kassian will thrive there.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:59 PM
CrankyJay

Quote:

Could be that the coach doesn't want to coach that out of them, or doesn't know how too? It could appear that the Nucks coach DOES know how to bring that out of his players. Kesler being his crowning achievement. Kassian will thrive there.
Wonder if AV knows how to bring out the diving in his team as well to sell those phantom tripping and high-sticking calls.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
Wonder if AV knows how to bring out the diving in his team as well to sell those phantom tripping and high-sticking calls.
Yes, all Canucks are diving idiots who don't deserve to play in the NHL!

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Stoopppp, go back to the Canuckian board, pleeeassse.

Seriously though, if you don't want to be annoyed by Buffalo homers, just don't read the Buffalo board

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:31 PM
KeninsFan
"Unintentional" Tank

Can I chime in from a Canucks fan's perspective?

G:Buffalo's system. SO stifling yet none of the clutching and grabbing associated with the West's D-first teams.

G: Gerbe. Very quick.

G: Ennis - Hodgson. They've known each other from childhood and looked to be your best line.

G: Miller's play. Played like the the goalie he's capable of.

B: Your first line, I don't want to blame anyone in particular but Roy stuck out in a negative way. I don't think Hodgson is capable of being your #1C yet, but it looks like Roy isn't either.

U: The goalie interference call.

Congrats on the 2 points, good luck on the rest of season. (No hate for our expansion cousins.)

KeninsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Now that you mention it, Kaleta hasn't been throwing his weight around as much this season. Myers never became a Chara-like hitter yet either.

Keep looking...and you'll eventually find what you're looking for.

I'm not going to convince you..you have your mind made up already.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:04 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
You said we were losers! And that we didn't deserve to live!

- Peter, I was being sarcastic. Do you know what sarcasm is

Noooooooooooooooooooo

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:07 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:

You're forcing it again

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:05 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Can I chime in from a Canucks fan's perspective?

G:Buffalo's system. SO stifling yet none of the clutching and grabbing associated with the West's D-first teams.

G: Gerbe. Very quick.

G: Ennis - Hodgson. They've known each other from childhood and looked to be your best line.

G: Miller's play. Played like the the goalie he's capable of.

B: Your first line, I don't want to blame anyone in particular but Roy stuck out in a negative way. I don't think Hodgson is capable of being your #1C yet, but it looks like Roy isn't either.

U: The goalie interference call.

Congrats on the 2 points, good luck on the rest of season. (No hate for our expansion cousins.)
really? usually our system involves giving up a boatload of good shots even though our players are collapsing down, so those shots shouldn't be available. we also usually go into shell mode whenever we get up by 2 goals or more and basically give the opposing team free reign to do whatever they want with the puck in our end

there's a certain poster named jame on here...i'm not totally sure, but i get a vague feeling sometimes that he shares your view on roy

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote