HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kopitar for Ryan

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2012, 09:23 PM
canucksPK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Is the + Kessel? LOL
haha this ^^

Old
03-04-2012, 09:40 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksPK View Post
Look at the return Richards and Carter got... Kopitar is a lot better than either of those guys.. Ryan + DSP + 2013 1st + 2012 2nd might be enough
No he's not, I think people are badly misled by his fast starts. he's basically settling in as a 70ish points player I think people have this idea he's gonna be a 90/100 point guy, it's unlikely, the Kings will be trading one of these centers soon

Old
03-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
I think the Ducks are not interested in Kopitar's $6.8M per year salary through 2015-2016. He fills a need but his salary and the rivalry with the Kings would make any discussion almost impossible. We would become even more top heavy salary-wise if a deal was to be made here.
The ducks would be dumb not to do it in an instant. Look at what the Crosby-Malkin combo has been able to do for Pittsburgh. Having two big, dominant, young centers is such a boon for any organization moving forward that it's worth it to pay 12 million or so for that privelage. I can't see LA doing this, that would make Anaheim a very tough place to play.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksPK View Post
Look at the return Richards and Carter got... Kopitar is a lot better than either of those guys.. Ryan + DSP + 2013 1st + 2012 2nd might be enough
So what you are saying is:

Voracek=Ryan

DSP + high 2nd = moving up 5 or so spots in the 1st

Ryan>>>>Voracek

and DSP + high 2nd is more then enough to move up 5 or so spots in the draft.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:37 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

its obvious to anyone that has watched the kings play during this slumping season that Kopitar is their best forward. When he isnt scoring he is setting up plays. When he isnt setting up plays he is dominating the boards, killing penalties or taking away the puck. Kopitar has been producing a acceptable rate on the worst offense in the NHL against the top lines while being number 1 on the PP and PK.
Defensively Kopitar > Richards
Offensively Kopitar >> Richards

And Carter isnt comparable.

Kings and Ducks will never trade star players. Definatley not Kopitar for a slumping star winger. Try getting Brad Richards or better yet some defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
No he's not, I think people are badly misled by his fast starts. he's basically settling in as a 70ish points player I think people have this idea he's gonna be a 90/100 point guy, it's unlikely, the Kings will be trading one of these centers soon

Old
03-04-2012, 10:51 PM
LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
you my friend are delusional if you honestly think dean is going to trade one of Anze-Richy-Carter anytime soon.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:53 PM
25Bieksa3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
A massive hell no from the Kings.
This. It would take Ryan and quite a bit of spare change to get this done.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:56 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
This is one of those trade offers that make no sense for multiple reasons. It's a fantasy style trade and it's not happening. Locking this thread.

Closed Thread