HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers vs. Senators | 6 p.m. | SNET, TVA | This Is Actually Televised? Edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2012, 10:21 PM
  #776
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Funny how you list points for everyone but Foligno... Why was that??

Maybe because he has been over .5ppg and didnt fit into your argument??

16 pts in his last 25 games... but he sucks and has 0 hockey sense...

He clearly has lost his confidence offensively but is still putting up points pretty consistantly...his longest pointless drought is 4 games
I wasn't even gonna put him in there at first but then thought of his huge goal scoring drought and thought I would. I think it's fair to expect more than 1 EN goal in 25 games from him.

Didn't even notice his half a point a game pace lately. Regardless I have him on the 2nd line in the Shake up the lines thread so

MAK19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:08 PM
  #777
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Country: Italy
Posts: 13,610
vCash: 500
Very satisfied with Foligno who is scoring at a 48 pts pace. That was good for 93th in NHL forwards scoring last year... 93 / 30 = that's like 3rd or 4th most productive forward on any team on average... He is our 4th most productive forward this season, on a team that is currently ranked 7th in goals scored per game. That's good.

And people still complain. He has a 1.2 cap hit! Fire Murray!

In before massive whining when he gets a 2.5 cap hit on his next contract


Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
What makes you say this?
Just based on talent. Gilroy has just better tools. Shot, pass, skate, vision, hockey IQ, poise. Brian Lee needs to really concentrate on his positioning and his defensive game to stay in the NHL. Offense usually dies when he enters the zone, that's a big minus in teams evaluation, they want to maintain offensive pressure and you just can't do it with Lee at the blueline.

That doesn't mean Gilroy will succeed with the Sens but IMO he has a better NHL future than Brian Lee (at least in terms of numbers, $ earned and impact on a team's blueline)

I don't hate Lee or anything and I wish him well, but that's about it.

Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:07 AM
  #778
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
They are 25 they need to get over it and start being NHL players like their contracts indicate
being 25 doesnt mean much coming into the league. maybe potential wise but in terms of game fitness and experience it means nothing.


These guys are realizing how much it takes to play 82 games of nhl hockey as well as are figuring out how to play in this league.


therefore you get inconsistent performances.

Really this isn't a hard concept to understand.

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:12 AM
  #779
Volt
Registered User
 
Volt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 283
Is there footage of the slash Karlsson made on Bergenheim?

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:33 AM
  #780
dennilfloss
Yes I love disco!
 
dennilfloss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500


I ain't even mad.


Last edited by dennilfloss: 03-05-2012 at 12:41 AM.
dennilfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 03:21 AM
  #781
4thliner*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
So what you're telling me is when you're not being overly homerish on other team's boards, you're a giant pessimist here.

We were supposed to be dead last in the league, and yet we're pretty close to locking up a playoff spot. I don't see how anyone has any reason to complain in the slightest.


You don't know what you are talking about here dude. In fact I always say Sens are a very average or below average team cried by Karlsson and Spezza.

I am not even mad about the lack of 2ndary scoring. I am mad about the lack of finishing their checks about a lot of these role players who aren't contributing offensively i.e. Condra, Butler, Greening.... Don't get it twisted.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 03:33 AM
  #782
4thliner*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,135
vCash: 500
Reason I am disappointed with Faligno's game is not that he is not scoring. He isn't agitating nor playing physical or mixing it up, the things that make him valuable when he is going, not the scoring cuz he never was one really.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 04:50 AM
  #783
Beville
#ForTheBoys
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Engerlanddd!
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,530
vCash: 500
Trade lehner

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 06:55 AM
  #784
DeVoice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
does anybody have a clip of the joker saying......and here we go!

not suppose tah be this far ahead in the rebuild.

i would be more interested in finding out what everyone thinks this team will look like next season based on this year.Who stays,who goes? Hell we could see BM stun us all and trade Anderson, he does have a bit of a wild impulse to his deals and drafts.

DeVoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:08 AM
  #785
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
You don't know what you are talking about here dude. In fact I always say Sens are a very average or below average team cried by Karlsson and Spezza.

I am not even mad about the lack of 2ndary scoring. I am mad about the lack of finishing their checks about a lot of these role players who aren't contributing offensively i.e. Condra, Butler, Greening.... Don't get it twisted.
You mean those same role players that got us here in the first place? They've all made key contributions to this team and just so happened to be in a slump, which is fairly common to young players. I think you're capable of a little reason in understanding that this isn't the norm.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 10:17 AM
  #786
Karl Cowensson
Two Headed Monster!
 
Karl Cowensson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVoice View Post
does anybody have a clip of the joker saying......and here we go!

not suppose tah be this far ahead in the rebuild.

i would be more interested in finding out what everyone thinks this team will look like next season based on this year.Who stays,who goes? Hell we could see BM stun us all and trade Anderson, he does have a bit of a wild impulse to his deals and drafts.
Can't see there being too much of a shake up next year. It will be the first of many years were we see a steady influx of youth. Silfverburg and Zbad will get a shot to make it, and Boro replaces Carkner.

Butler, Konopka, Winchester won't be back, and Regin may not be as well. Smith, JOB, Neil, Condra, Dawg and Greening would be a great bottom six IMO.

Karl Cowensson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 10:37 AM
  #787
kaws
Registered User
 
kaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto & Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 274
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVoice View Post
does anybody have a clip of the joker saying......and here we go!

kaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.