HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stephane Auger

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 08:07 AM
gbl1p

vCash: 500
Stephane Auger

I've just about had it with this hack of a referee. Auger had the honour of butchering last nights game, and was there in full effect. In a game that had 27 penalties dished out to both teams, I almost feel bad for Columbus for them eating up most of them. There were disgustingly awful calls going both ways. 12 penalties called in the third period alone. Don't forget that Auger is the arse who butchered the one and only Sens vs. Nucks game last year in Van city. We all know it was Auger who fed Chara that ridiculous OT "Holding the stick" penalty vs. Detroit earlier this season. So what gives? There are some officials out there who are fully competent and ref a game with great flow and in the end you don't notice them there. Guys like Auger just stomp the hell out of any flow in Hockey these days. As fans can we not voice our displeasure? Is there nothing the league can do to fix the blatent disparity amongst referees?

Old
11-14-2003, 08:44 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbl1p
I've just about had it with this hack of a referee. Auger had the honour of butchering last nights game, and was there in full effect. In a game that had 27 penalties dished out to both teams, I almost feel bad for Columbus for them eating up most of them. There were disgustingly awful calls going both ways. 12 penalties called in the third period alone. Don't forget that Auger is the arse who butchered the one and only Sens vs. Nucks game last year in Van city. We all know it was Auger who fed Chara that ridiculous OT "Holding the stick" penalty vs. Detroit earlier this season. So what gives? There are some officials out there who are fully competent and ref a game with great flow and in the end you don't notice them there. Guys like Auger just stomp the hell out of any flow in Hockey these days. As fans can we not voice our displeasure? Is there nothing the league can do to fix the blatent disparity amongst referees?
I was at the game, and the game felt more like a practice than it did a game. There was absolutely no flow to the game, and it had everything to do with the ref.

I believe that, on average, the refs in the NHL should be calling more penalties, but not the ones that were being called last night. If the calls related to a lot more of the stick-work that has a negative effect on the game, I wouldn't have minded so much, but the calls just seemed stupid, especially late in the game.

Old
11-14-2003, 09:29 AM
Spezza

Obviously didn't see the game but wasn't Joanatte or Auger responsible for that farce in Carolina last year.

Closed Thread