HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus @ Colorado 9:00PM EST

Old
03-02-2012, 03:56 PM
JrussJacket

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Victory is great but bad is Johansen ice time and playing Kubalik, Calvert and Mayorov on farm, we want build a new team and not build our team on grinders like MacKenzie or Boyce or Dorsett

Do you watch many games? DD and DM IMO are arguably the teams mvp's. They give 110% every game and do not take any shifts off. DD has taken his game to another level this year and deserves respect. Dmac has been a beast defensively and could easily take Samuel PŚhlsson next year.

Why do you have such an infatuation with Max Mayorov? I do like him but he has not progressed at all. Kubalik, I would like to see up here but its more important for him to play important games down in Springy.

Johan has not looked very good since getting back into the line up. It could be a confidence issue, but its also his strength and conditioning. He looks very slow and tired shortly into the game. I think thats the reason he has been sitting and not getting much playing time.

Last edited by JrussJacket: 03-02-2012 at 04:20 PM.
JrussJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:30 PM
JDCox17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
A well-played defensive game and a real bomb from Tyuts! I remember posting after the Sharks game that I was surprised by his shot, he can really lean into it! A nice pass to set him up and good work by Fedor positioning himself to unload on Vrarlrormrorv.
A fun story about Tyutin and his shot. We went to the STH appreciation night a little over a week ago. My wife and our youngest went out on the ice for the pass-and-shoot with the players. I guess there was some sort of device tracking the speed of the shots. Anyway, my wife asked Tyutin how fast his slapshot was and he said "Well, I could tell you, but I only know it in metric."

JDCox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:42 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Years ago I read a column in a golf magazine commenting on people saying they could be good at golf if only they could be consistent, those people holding up as evidence the monster drive they had on that one hole. The point of the column was that you are consistent. That the good shots are your occasional inconsistency, but that the dubbed shots and missed four-foot putts are who you really are as a golfer.

I wish I didn't think of this column as relates to last night's game for the Jackets and specifically Steve Mason.
Exactly. This is why I'd take a known quantity 'decent' goalie over a struggling former Calder winner.

Richards alludes to this consistency issue more along the lines of DEPENDABILITY in his post game comment: “The goalie made big saves when he needed to make big saves,” Richards said. “In the third, if he doesn’t make that save, I would guess there would have been a different outcome. It allowed us to continue to play the way we were playing. It’s amazing what that does to a team. If you make a mistake, your guy is going to bail you out.”

What bothers me about that quote is he's saying HOW VULNERABLE the rest of the team is to one late period goal. I think that's one of the results of having a bunch of young guys and a mgmt that doesn't seem to see what the team needs before the fans do. So with a more veteran dependable D, and a more dependable goalie (and a new GM), we'd be winning a lot more games.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew

In case you missed it like I did.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:53 PM
davidbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

In case you missed it like I did.
ah, thank you!

davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:13 PM
frito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Downie(? - some Avs player) kinda waved/poked/tapped the blade of his stick up near Nash's face as they were settling in for the faceoff and Brass saw it.
Ah, thanks. Good for Brass for sticking up for the Capt'n.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote