HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2012, 01:49 PM
NYRSchrute217

vCash: 500
I'm happy with my new seats. Price jump irks me but overall they appear to be good seats with a nice view, and on the aisle. Can't complain.

Anyone know how many rows the 200s sections will have?

Old
03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
acjc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Its growing on me. I didn't get a Dolan screw job so I'll take it but I can't help but feel I got a slight downgrade. And I was hoping for a slight upgrade... but yea, i'm prob pretty lucky all things considered.
You could have gotten moved to the West Balcony with your sightline stolen and a 67% increase in ticket price...

Old
03-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Traderalways

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
I'm happy with my new seats. Price jump irks me but overall they appear to be good seats with a nice view, and on the aisle. Can't complain.
Old section?? New section??

Old
03-05-2012, 01:57 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post

Anyone know how many rows the 200s sections will have?
Ive been trying to figure that out and my best guess is 26 or 27 rows. If you look closely at the map try to count - they are usually accurate.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:00 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Ive been trying to figure that out and my best guess is 26 or 27 rows. If you look closely at the map try to count - they are usually accurate.
24 rows.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:01 PM
17futurecap

Moving from section 315 row K, to section 221 row 11, seems like pretty comparable seats to me. Of course I'm going to try and get moved back, but I doubt that will happen.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:04 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

May be a stupid question but how the hell are people in a wheelchair getting up to those seats behind the upper bowl? There's gotta be an elevator or something back there I imagine.

03-05-2012, 02:49 PM
BklyNYR4Life

I was in one of the old 300's that got renovated before this season, and I was shocked to see MSG do right by me and allow me to keep my front-row seats in the new 300's this season.

Even though I haven't gotten my renewal email or packet in the mail yet, I'd been following this thread and trying to extrapolate whatever info I could from what people have been posting here. I went to check my account online today, and saw the renewal invoice is open on my account. My 2 seats, which this season cost me $4,838...is according to my invoice, going to cost $10,275...I'm ****ing livid right now. I had to vent somewhere about it. I'm about to call my ticket rep, and do my best to have a civil conversation with them. The $5-8 bump per season is one thing, but this is insane. If I'm so aggressively being priced-out of my seats, I think I deserve a few minutes of someone higher up the chain.

So yeah, add me to the list of those pissed-off of what's going on at MSG!

Old
03-05-2012, 02:53 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
@stevezipay
Steve Zipay Section? RT @Fixxser: @stevezipay My seasons are $2650 next year. This year they were $1600. Guess what I'm doing with my season ticket?
1 hour ago via TweetDeck
Favorite Retweet Reply
replies ↓

JMAGGIO24 jesse maggio
@ @stevezipay @NYP_Brooksie guys talkin about rip off rangers season tickets went up from 8k to10k in section 112
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Old
03-05-2012, 02:55 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
I was in one of the old 300's that got renovated before this season, and I was shocked to see MSG do right by me and allow me to keep my front-row seats in the new 300's this season.

Even though I haven't gotten my renewal email or packet in the mail yet, I'd been following this thread and trying to extrapolate whatever info I could from what people have been posting here. I went to check my account online today, and saw the renewal invoice is open on my account. My 2 seats, which this season cost me $4,838...is according to my invoice, going to cost $10,275...I'm ****ing livid right now. I had to vent somewhere about it. I'm about to call my ticket rep, and do my best to have a civil conversation with them. The $5-8 bump per season is one thing, but this is insane. If I'm so aggressively being priced-out of my seats, I think I deserve a few minutes of someone higher up the chain.

Your seats are now what's called "Gallery Front Row Goal" at $125 a piece. I'd be pretty pissed too.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:56 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
ouch. sorry to hear that man. thats horrible.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:58 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:

Don't expect to be moved, they made that very clear to me. I requested a one on one meeting with my rep, where it's very possible I could lose my cool. I feel bad for my rep because it's not his fault, but what else can we do?

03-05-2012, 03:00 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:

I'd definitely go to Brooksie with that information. No better person to go to about destroying MSG than him and hopefully some papers put out some information about this and rip them a new one in the press.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:01 PM
jeff spicoli

I have a question for you guys in the upper bowl. When I called my rep to voice my displeasure with being moved off of the aisle to the middle of the section, I was told it was to give me the same "sightline". New locations were all about "sightline"; tenure wasn't a factor. She went on to tell me that when they did the survey before reconfiguring the lower bowl, they found that more people were more concerned with maintaining their "sightline" than being on an aisle.

Here's my question. Did I miss a similar survey for the upper bowl? I know they sent out something about continuing to sit next to your current neighbor, but did they send out any other kind of survey about seating preferences? I don't remember seeing one.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
thesnake

Quote:

I feel your pain man... but those are sweet seats.

I was in old section 115 before the remodel.... row A. $95 per seat

This year the bumped me up to 112, row 6 at $150 a game... and they'll be $155 next year. Dont get me wrong... they are awesome seats.... but $60 per game increase in 12 months is rough.

Honestly, you have some prime seats there, I'd keep them if I were you. I used to sit in 314 row A... I wish I had kept those... I'll be gunning for seats like yours when its time for relocation this summer.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:03 PM
BklyNYR4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Don't expect to be moved, they made that very clear to me. I requested a one on one meeting with my rep, where it's very possible I could lose my cool. I feel bad for my rep because it's not his fault, but what else can we do?
I don't expect anything from them. They've been awful to STH's for years...and this makes it crystal clear it would be naive to expect ANYTHING from them. None the less, I'm going to try to calmly talk with my rep (and I agree, I feel bad for her...she's a new rep for me and we've never spoken before and this is going to be a less than pleasant conversation) but I'm going to try to keep calm and insist that if she can't at least give me answers I'm satisfied with (not talking moving necessarily) that there needs to be someone else I can speak with.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:04 PM
thesnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff spicoli View Post
I have a question for you guys in the upper bowl. When I called my rep to voice my displeasure with being moved off of the aisle to the middle of the section, I was told it was to give me the same "sightline". New locations were all about "sightline"; tenure wasn't a factor. She went on to tell me that when they did the survey before reconfiguring the lower bowl, they found that more people were more concerned with maintaining their "sightline" than being on an aisle.

Here's my question. Did I miss a similar survey for the upper bowl? I know they sent out something about continuing to sit next to your current neighbor, but did they send out any other kind of survey about seating preferences? I don't remember seeing one.
Same thing happened to me in the lower bowl last year. I was an aisle seat and was moved to mid row for sightlines. I was luck and able to move to the aisle in the same row, but that was because someone didnt renew I guess.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:09 PM
BklyNYR4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake View Post
I feel your pain man... but those are sweet seats.

I was in old section 115 before the remodel.... row A. $95 per seat

This year the bumped me up to 112, row 6 at $150 a game... and they'll be $155 next year. Dont get me wrong... they are awesome seats.... but $60 per game increase in 12 months is rough.

Honestly, you have some prime seats there, I'd keep them if I were you. I used to sit in 314 row A... I wish I had kept those... I'll be gunning for seats like yours when its time for relocation this summer.
Oh I'll never question how how good the seats are. I'm very lucky to have them. But doubling the price on them, as business savvy as it is, is just insane.

And the brass-tax of it is I split the seats with my Dad, and still being in grad school and without what I would call a "real" job, it's tough to cover the tix at the price they're at now. At least at $59 they were easy to sell to friends when we wanted, and easy to get a few extra dollars on bigger games...but for $125 I doubt there will be much of a market for them except for when we're talking about big games which we'd want to attend. I've sort of already come to grips with the fact that the seats will be gone next season (haven't even told my Dad yet...this will be his second time losing his Rangers seats) but I'll be damned if I'm not heard before giving them up.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:11 PM
MessierIsGod

Can someone help me with this question?

I have $165 seats now and if I renew and choose "upgrade", would they let me "downgrade" to lower priced seats? Last season (when lower bowl did their re-location), they made it clear that you cannot downgrade.

Thanks

Old
03-05-2012, 03:15 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Oh I'll never question how how good the seats are. I'm very lucky to have them. But doubling the price on them, as business savvy as it is, is just insane.

And the brass-tax of it is I split the seats with my Dad, and still being in grad school and without what I would call a "real" job, it's tough to cover the tix at the price they're at now. At least at $59 they were easy to sell to friends when we wanted, and easy to get a few extra dollars on bigger games...but for $125 I doubt there will be much of a market for them except for when we're talking about big games which we'd want to attend. I've sort of already come to grips with the fact that the seats will be gone next season (haven't even told my Dad yet...this will be his second time losing his Rangers seats) but I'll be damned if I'm not heard before giving them up.
This sums up exactly how I feel, too.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:17 PM
BklyNYR4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I'd definitely go to Brooksie with that information. No better person to go to about destroying MSG than him and hopefully some papers put out some information about this and rip them a new one in the press.
Any idea what would be a good avenue to get in touch with Brooksie? I don't tweet or anything but I'd love to help him lay some fire to MSG on this issue.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:17 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Can someone help me with this question?

I have $165 seats now and if I renew and choose "upgrade", would they let me "downgrade" to lower priced seats? Last season (when lower bowl did their re-location), they made it clear that you cannot downgrade.

Thanks
IF there are available seats at a cheaper price point when it is your turn to call in over the summer you should be allowed to switch to them.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:20 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
IF there are available seats at a cheaper price point when it is your turn to call in over the summer you should be allowed to switch to them.
Thanks.
And if not, then I am obligated on the $165s (actually $170 with the increase)?
Sucks.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:26 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Thanks.
And if not, then I am obligated on the $165s (actually $170 with the increase)?
Sucks.
I honestly don't know the answer to that. I mean technically you've already "renewed"...but are they going to force you to take them if you tell them you can no longer afford them? No idea. How many years have you been a season subscriber?

Old
03-05-2012, 03:27 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Any idea what would be a good avenue to get in touch with Brooksie? I don't tweet or anything but I'd love to help him lay some fire to MSG on this issue.
His email is larry.brooks@nypost.com so I figure that's the best route. I know there are some other columnists too in the area that love to harp on the ticket issues in NYC (can't think of them off the top of my head) so you may wanna look into telling them too if interested.

Closed Thread