HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXXIII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2012, 01:27 PM
PyrettaBlaze

vCash: 500
No Cammalleri tomorrow.

MAGodin:
Michael Cammalleri suffered an upper-body injury last night and won't face #Habs tomorrow night.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
No Cammalleri tomorrow.

MAGodin:
Michael Cammalleri suffered an upper-body injury last night and won't face #Habs tomorrow night.
To be fair, I don't think we'll even notice Bourque.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:33 PM
overlords
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
To be fair, I don't think we'll even notice Bourque.
We will, when he fumbles every pass that comes to him.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
No Cammalleri tomorrow.

MAGodin:
It breaks my heart.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:06 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 567
Quote:
No Cammalleri tomorrow.

MAGodin:

i won't see some cammy action

dishing out checks
shoving pucks in the net
going into corners

this game isn't worth watching

Old
03-05-2012, 02:11 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Cammy is looking alot better for Calgary than Bourque is for Montreal

Old
03-05-2012, 02:16 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaHabsFan View Post
So what ?

he was useless for the habs and was earning twice the Bourqu,s salary.

Just plain good riddance.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Jamie Thomas

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
So what ?

Yea great idea. Let's just trade every player for others earning half the salary. Now that will make a great team.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Thomas View Post
Yea great idea. Let's just trade every player for others earning half the salary. Now that will make a great team.
Hey, we're gathering top picks here. We are making progress.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Jamie Thomas

Quote:
Well to be fair, I'm pretty happy with the top pick, it's the best ending to this ******** season.

But man has Bourque been horrible for the Habs. I can't believe people are happy with him just because he "earns half the salary" of Cammalleri. Well that might be because he is half the player. But when people on this board start hating a player, that said player can never do anything right.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:35 PM
phoque taupe

vCash: 152
Quote:
We have so many 2nd round picks..
Now we can get all the rentals we need !!

Old
03-05-2012, 02:38 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawktop View Post
We have so many 2nd round picks..
Now we can get all the rentals we need !!

Rentals? We need a 3rd line center to replace Moore, who was replaced by Halpern who was replaced by Nokelainen.

We need a pp d-man, to replace Souray, who was replaced by Streit, who was replaced by Schneider, who was replaced by Bergeron, who was replaced by Wizniewski who was replaced by Kaberle.

So we really only have 1 second round pick next season.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:38 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Thomas View Post
So, tell me frankly, were you impressed by Cammy's play with the Habs this year ?

Frankly, does this player worths 6 million a season ?

I don't care about Bourque. He could be dealt next summer for another 2nd round pick. I don't care.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:44 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaHabsFan View Post
If only we had an iginla to carry cammy then we could have kept him

Old
03-05-2012, 02:45 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Rentals? We need a 3rd line center to replace Moore, who was replaced by Halpern who was replaced by Nokelainen.

We need a pp d-man, to replace Souray, who was replaced by Streit, who was replaced by Schneider, who was replaced by Bergeron, who was replaced by Wizniewski who was replaced by Kaberle.

So we really only have 1 second round pick next season.
LOL.

Habs are sooooo dumb. So many 2nd picks wasted..

Old
03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
So, tell me frankly, were you impressed by Cammy's play with the Habs this year ?

I don't care about Bourque. He could be dealt next summer for another 2nd round pick. I don't care.
He may not be worth 6M$, but he's infinitely better than Bourque.

And who the hell wants Bourque? He was available for 2 months and no one took him because he had 4 more years at 3.3M$. Leave it to the Habs to pick up someone's expensive garbage.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:49 PM
DAChampion

We didn't trade Cammy for Bourque.

We traded Cammy for Bourque, a 2nd rounder and extra cap space.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:50 PM
GeneralManager*

Quote:
So what ?

SO WHAT? Seemingly EVERY player that we trade or leaves for free happens to have better careers (minus Komisarek)...perhaps we should take a good look at ourselves and realize that the problem has NEVER been the players its this damn environment we've created that's conducive to a loser mentality as Cammalleri so aptly stated.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
We didn't trade Cammy for Bourque.

We traded Cammy for Bourque, a 2nd rounder and extra cap space.
And you're completely missing the point. A trade for a 2nd rounder and Holland would've been a better deal.

Bourque is stinking up the place.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:01 PM
GeneralManager*

Quote:
And you're completely missing the point. A trade for a 2nd rounder and Holland would've been a better deal.

agreed, i would have not taken bourque, kept kostitsyn who can actually play on a scoring line...and signed a real 3rd line player. Bourque is so useless...motivated or not, kostitsyn was the guy to keep. We fail so much.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Miller Time

Quote:

true, but reality is that it was likely not a realistic possibility that we'd have found someone willing/able to take Cammy's 6M$ cap hit (& 14M$ in remaining salary) without an NHL contract coming back the other way.

Bourque has continued to be pretty bad this season, but @3.3M$, hopefully we can move him this summer or next season if management decides they've seen enough.

I didn't like the trade owing to the fact that Gauthier didn't properly shop Cammy (and apparently, he specifically targeted Bourque), but as far as the return we did get, it's hard to argue that it wasn't a decent move for us.

While Cammy has started to finally produce for the Flames, he's still not a 6M$ player, and I doubt he gives them anything more in the remaining 2 years.

worst case scenario is that we get stuck with Bourque for all 4 years, but if he continues to play/perform this poorly, hopefully the AHL option gets considered until they can find someone to take him.

personally, I think Bourque will come back better next year... he's had a rough season, and rumor had it that he showed up to camp in less than stellar shape. Hopefully his dismal season is a wake up call, and he works his butt off in the summer so as to come into camp ready to deliver a solid top-9 season for us.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:12 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

So the end result is the Habs traded Cammy for two 2nd rd picks ?

Man his value was very low.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
true, but reality is that it was likely not a realistic possibility that we'd have found someone willing/able to take Cammy's 6M$ cap hit (& 14M$ in remaining salary) without an NHL contract coming back the other way.
I didn't say anything about not taking a contract back, I said Bourque was a terrible piece to take back.

Quote:
Bourque has continued to be pretty bad this season, but @3.3M$, hopefully we can move him this summer or next season if management decides they've seen enough.
Wait...why would anyone take that contract? The guy was on the block for TWO months.

NO ONE wanted him. Gauthier obviously was stupid enough to when he panicked and wanted to get rid of Cammy ASAP.

But after seeing him with a Habs jersey on, ask yourself why any team would take that guy for FOUR more years @ 3.3M$. He's simply starting to get that toxic contract tag on him.

Quote:
I didn't like the trade owing to the fact that Gauthier didn't properly shop Cammy (and apparently, he specifically targeted Bourque), but as far as the return we did get, it's hard to argue that it wasn't a decent move for us.
Even if it was a decent move, decent simply isn't good enough. We're not a in a position to make 'slightly' better than a sideway swap. We were a bubble team, so we basically downgrade in talent for a few futures and cap space over the next 2 years. What the **** is that? Seriously. Not great futures and nothing to help us in the present or the near future.

That's just not good enough. Like Gauthier is.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Jamie Thomas

Quote:

I was certainly not impressed by Cammalleri this year. He didn't play well and he didn't produce.

But if you look at the context, the Habs have 1 line producing this season. The other players all sucked. Trading Cammalleri in the middle of his worst season is just stupid. Either you keep him and shop him closer to the deadline, when the contenders want to outbid themselves and usually overpay or you keep him and hope he rebounds next year.

Like him or hate him, he is a proven 30 goal scorer. He certainly did not do it this season, but I'm not sure that it is fair to throw him the rock when most of his teammeates underachieved. And how many 30 goals scorers will the Habs have next season? My guess is maybe 1, if Pacioretty can continue to progress.

Maybe it's just me hating Bourque because he has been beyond awful since joining the team, but I know for a fact that Cammalleri is a much better player than him, despite what most of this board has been saying since the trade.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Et le But

Cammalleri sucked.

It wasn't about his comments, he was getting paid 6M to be the softest forward on the team and cry because he couldn't play with Desharnais and Cole ahead of a more deserving Pacioretty. He was reaching Gomez levels of terrible this season.

Part of it is that the Habs suck, but the reality is that Cammy is a one dimension player on a terrible contract who thinks he's too good to try most nights, and the idea of him being a terrible teammate did not originate with that one interview.

I'm not sure about that trade, but we were always going to have to take on some other teams scraps unless you wanted to give up a pick or something. There was no way we were getting 6M off the books without taking something back. Ideally we should have gotten an expiring like Penner back, but I'm not sure the Kings would be dumb enough for that.

What was especially dumb was trading both Cammalleri and Kostitsyn. Say what you want about the latter but he's better than Bourque.

Closed Thread