HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2012, 04:27 PM
BklyNYR4Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
This sums up exactly how I feel, too.
I'd say have your one-on-one meeting with your rep...and insist that under the circumstances you deserve to speak with someone else, as they rotate their ticket reps every few months. Never resort to losing your cool, then you lose the high ground.

Old
03-05-2012, 04:32 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Can someone help me with this question?

I have $165 seats now and if I renew and choose "upgrade", would they let me "downgrade" to lower priced seats? Last season (when lower bowl did their re-location), they made it clear that you cannot downgrade.

Thanks
they wouldn't let anyone downgrade last season i don't think they will now

Old
03-05-2012, 04:35 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

From MSG's release on the ticket price increases next year, I guess this is why the first two rows are at a ridiculous premium...

A completely new offering for fans next season will be the new Gallery Seats, providing a premium experience in the upper bowl. The new Gallery Seats will be the front two rows of the upper bowl and feature 25% more legroom, and superior sightlines. The first row will also have a personal television for each seat and a drink rail to rest food and beverages. Current season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase the new Gallery Seats.

03-05-2012, 04:37 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Can someone help me with this question?

I have $165 seats now and if I renew and choose "upgrade", would they let me "downgrade" to lower priced seats? Last season (when lower bowl did their re-location), they made it clear that you cannot downgrade.

Thanks
I doubt it. They know the upper bowl seats are going to sell without a problem, but not necessarily the expensive seats in the lower bowl. Secondly, they hear sth's say all the time they are going to drop their tickets because of the cost and most renew They do not want to start a precedent where people flock to the cheaper seats. They want the expensive seats sold

Old
03-05-2012, 04:39 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Also, Rangers prices increased 5 percent more than Knicks prices.

Full release is here - http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...n-ticket-info/

Old
03-05-2012, 04:45 PM
BklyNYR4Life

Hardly worth the increase...unless they're doing more renovations to the first rows over the summer...outside of the TV (which I'm not sure I'd say is that good to have) a lot of what they're saying in the press release is false at the moment, and hardly justifies a $60 increase per seat.

Old
03-05-2012, 04:53 PM
patnyrnyg

I think the right course of action for the team to have done would have been to set the prices, THEN send out a survey to STH asking which sections they wanted in order of preference. Although, it wouldn't have prevented situations like NYRangers88 has been given. Someone who is in the 300's who wants to keep the similar seats, requests the $79s as his first choice and then gets the last row of the $79 seats. Obviously, most would choose to move back one more row and save $26/ticket.

As far as dealing with your rep. Stay calm. Let them know you know it is not them who set the price and not them who screwed you in your eyes. Ask what can be done. If you get nasty or yell or whatever, they are just not going to help you. They'll tell you they will see what they can do, but will likely mark in your account that you were rude, nasty, whatever, and wont give you any consideration.

Old
03-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Legend23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff spicoli View Post
I have a question for you guys in the upper bowl. When I called my rep to voice my displeasure with being moved off of the aisle to the middle of the section, I was told it was to give me the same "sightline". New locations were all about "sightline"; tenure wasn't a factor. She went on to tell me that when they did the survey before reconfiguring the lower bowl, they found that more people were more concerned with maintaining their "sightline" than being on an aisle.

Here's my question. Did I miss a similar survey for the upper bowl? I know they sent out something about continuing to sit next to your current neighbor, but did they send out any other kind of survey about seating preferences? I don't remember seeing one.
When we were moved last year from section 219 isle seats we were moved over to section 111 row 15 on the isle where the sightlines are not as good but the price only went from 95 to 100 ticket from this season and we were way closer to the ice. The seat in front of us is row 111 row 14 is $41 dollars more next year as we are $114 (14% increase) and the seat across the isle is $56 dollars more per game. Those seats do have some additional leg room...but our rep told us that we were given those seats partly because we are 30 + year season ticket holders. I dont know if that is true or not but just saying that you will get different stories from different reps. I want to move to sections 210, 211, 212 rows 3-7 as those are $73 a game and are center ice so I am going to give my rep a call and see if we could switch although I know they will try to have us stay. If we stay I can see myself priced out of the tickets in a few years. Good luck to everybody on trying to get the seats they want as the people on this board are the true ranger fans

Old
03-05-2012, 04:58 PM
BklyNYR4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
His email is larry.brooks@nypost.com so I figure that's the best route. I know there are some other columnists too in the area that love to harp on the ticket issues in NYC (can't think of them off the top of my head) so you may wanna look into telling them too if interested.
Thanks NYRFAN218.

I sent Larry an email, and will reach-out to other people and let you guys know if I get any sort of response.

And I agree with patnyrnyg, I'll be having a face-to-face with my rep as soon as possible (though I've called 4x today so I guess she isn't around...shocker) but the way to go is to be calm. It's not the reps fault, they're just handing out the orders. Yelling at them might vent some anger, but it would be displaced and won't help me or anyone get things resolved.

Old
03-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

I got moved over 2 sections, im in the middle of the blue seats 400s now. 417, thought id be 419 from my current 412. Im right behind the goal

Last edited by Giglio NYR15: 03-05-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old
03-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Traderalways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I got moved over 2 sections, im in the middle of the blue seats 400s now. 417, thought id be 419 from my current 412. Im right behind the goal
What row??? Are u worried about obstructions??

Old
03-05-2012, 05:25 PM
jeff spicoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I think the right course of action for the team to have done would have been to set the prices, THEN send out a survey to STH asking which sections they wanted in order of preference. Although, it wouldn't have prevented situations like NYRangers88 has been given. Someone who is in the 300's who wants to keep the similar seats, requests the $79s as his first choice and then gets the last row of the $79 seats. Obviously, most would choose to move back one more row and save $26/ticket.

As far as dealing with your rep. Stay calm. Let them know you know it is not them who set the price and not them who screwed you in your eyes. Ask what can be done. If you get nasty or yell or whatever, they are just not going to help you. They'll tell you they will see what they can do, but will likely mark in your account that you were rude, nasty, whatever, and wont give you any consideration.
agree and agree. I told my rep at least twice that I wasn't angry at her personally because I know she had nothnig to do with the seat allocation. I also sent her a follow up e-mail thanking her for trying to help, since I know my call isn't going to be the only one she fields. If I want any chance to get back on an aisle, I for sure don't want my ticket rep not on my side.

Old
03-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderalways View Post
What row??? Are u worried about obstructions??
No im row B. Im not worried, Im fine now in Row B. I just am directly behind the goal next season where in 412 now, im a little to the side. I like the side angle better as I feel I can see play behind the net more. This yr im also seats 4-5, next year 15-16 I think..IM hoping im not more in the middle of the row now. I prefer closer to aisle.

I dont get how I could get moved over 2 sections though, logically I assumed 412 turns into 419, apparently I got moved over 2 sections towards the goal though. Its closer to the escalators lol. Im assuming I will have to walk down the stairs to the 8th floor to access the concourse and bathrooms? I wonder if they will widen that walkway behind us now in the new 400s blue seats and add a bathroom or 2. They have to right? for the west balcony people too?

Old
03-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Traderalways

Quote:
No im row B. Im not worried, Im fine now in Row B. I just am directly behind the goal next season where in 412 now, im a little to the side. I like the side angle better as I feel I can see play behind the net more. This yr im also seats 4-5, next year 15-16 I think..IM hoping im not more in the middle of the row now. I prefer closer to aisle.

I dont get how I could get moved over 2 sections though, logically I assumed 412 turns into 419, apparently I got moved over 2 sections towards the goal though. Its closer to the escalators lol. Im assuming I will have to walk down the stairs to the 8th floor to access the concourse and bathrooms? I wonder if they will widen that walkway behind us now in the new 400s blue seats and add a bathroom or 2. They have to right? for the west balcony people too?
I think row 2 is great!!! My buddy is row 5 in 420... I think he's obstructed.

Old
03-05-2012, 05:33 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:

your seats might be a tad obstructed. in the virtual seating chart, row 3 u cant see below the goal line. you might want to take a look

Old
03-05-2012, 05:36 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

We got section 225, row 15. Was hoping we'd get the center section of 224 but I'm pleased we got the first row at the price break. It's basically the same view we have now too from 405.

Old
03-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
your seats might be a tad obstructed. in the virtual seating chart, row 3 u cant see below the goal line. you might want to take a look
I did, but row 2 and 3 are a big difference and those arent 100% accurate. The sightlines for that area arent going to change, so when I go sunday night, im just going to go to that spot and sit in row 3 and see lol.

Heres my question, How many rows deep are the new 400s. 5 rows of 47 and then 2 rows of 29? 7 rows in total? And how many seats are in each row, Im assuming 20.

Old
03-05-2012, 05:38 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

just renewed was section 427 E and now section 208 row 18 I'm pretty happy I'm only 1 seat off the aisle does anyone know how many rows are going to be in section 208?

Old
03-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Metrangerfan711
Gotta Believe!

Much agreed , NYRFAN218

Old
03-05-2012, 05:40 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
I did, but row 2 and 3 are a big difference and those arent weird. The sightlines for that area arent going to change, so when I go sunday night, im just going to go to that spot and sit in row 3 and see lol.

Heres my question, How many rows deep are the new 400s. 5 rows of 47 and then 2 rows of 29? 7 rows in total? And how many seats are in each row, Im assuming 20.
i believe you're correct on the rows. how many seats, i would assume either the same as there are this year or 1 or 2 less if they actually make the seats wider

Old
03-05-2012, 05:43 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Keep in mind that upon getting these invoices, there's going to be fans that range from passive-say-nothing to extremely-aggressive-angry & threatening. The Rangers will keep a bunch of emergency locations open to placate the people at the extremely angry end of the range. You just have to be able to talk your way into them releasing you a different location from inventory that only your rep's supervisor has access to

Old
03-05-2012, 05:50 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
His email is larry.brooks@nypost.com so I figure that's the best route. I know there are some other columnists too in the area that love to harp on the ticket issues in NYC (can't think of them off the top of my head) so you may wanna look into telling them too if interested.
Yea, send him an email.

Old
03-05-2012, 05:50 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Keep in mind that upon getting these invoices, there's going to be fans that range from passive-say-nothing to extremely-aggressive-angry & threatening. The Rangers will keep a bunch of emergency locations open to placate the people at the extremely angry end of the range. You just have to be able to talk your way into them releasing you a different location from inventory that only your rep's supervisor has access to
I know for a fact this is exactly the case. I work at another venue (nassau coliseum) and they call them "ticket holds" that they use for emergencies.

I know my situation isnt nearly as extreme as other cases, but Im certaintly going to try and get my seats moved.

03-05-2012, 05:51 PM
BklyNYR4Life

Minor update: I emailed the writer of the snyrblog post about the invoice, he said he'd let me know if there's going to be any follow-up piece about the price hike. Though I'm really looking forward to my chat with my rep, hopefully tomorrow.

Old
03-05-2012, 05:57 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Anyone have any numbers for what Knicks STH are paying for this upcoming year?

Closed Thread