HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10,000 Pt XXVII: One of our posters is a cannibal, try to guess which one.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2012, 06:24 PM
  #51
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbelikewall View Post
Check out a Real Madrid game. Soccer in Europe and South America in unlike anything you have ever experienced when it comes to sports.
As an added bonus, if you've never been part of a riot, it's a chance to try something new!


hockeyball is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:32 PM
  #52
SoupyFIN
Moderator
#character
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 23,400
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbelikewall View Post
Check out a Real Madrid game. Soccer in Europe and South America in unlike anything you have ever experienced when it comes to sports.
Real ain't got **** compared to Liverpool.

Ye, my halfbrother dragged me there about 10 years ago.



Which reminds me, I really need to visit my halfbrother this summer.

SoupyFIN is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:33 PM
  #53
jwhitesj
Registered User
 
jwhitesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
I'm so happy, I have to share this, my wife finally got a job offer after being unemployed for a year and a half. We might get to stay out of the poor house after all.

jwhitesj is online now  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:35 PM
  #54
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
I'm so happy, I have to share this, my wife finally got a job offer after being unemployed for a year and a half. We might get to stay out of the poor house after all.
Awesome man, congratz. Why wife is desperately trying to get a job herself. She was having problems at her old job (her boss was scapegoating her own mistakes onto my wife) and so my wife quietly started looking around for a new job. As soon as she did, her boss somehow found out and fired her the next day.

Sucks :\

hockeyball is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:38 PM
  #55
jwhitesj
Registered User
 
jwhitesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Awesome man, congratz. Why wife is desperately trying to get a job herself. She was having problems at her old job (her boss was scapegoating her own mistakes onto my wife) and so my wife quietly started looking around for a new job. As soon as she did, her boss somehow found out and fired her the next day.

Sucks :\
That does suck. So many crappy employers out there who treat there employees like garbage. The economy is getting better, so hopefully your wife can find something sooner rather than later. It's not easy.

jwhitesj is online now  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:40 PM
  #56
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonticus View Post
Please. You'll log on after your midterms and tell us you aced it and you always knew it was going to be that easy.

Either way, good luck!
Nope, bombed the first one. Two to fail left.

Kitten Mittons is online now  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:40 PM
  #57
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow
 
DrFeelgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Redwood City, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
That does suck. So many crappy employers out there who treat there employees like garbage. The economy is getting better, so hopefully your wife can find something sooner rather than later. It's not easy.
The worst part about it is, given the economy and how many unemployed people there are, employers hold all the cards and can treat their employees like trash because they are easily replaceable (assuming this is not a specialized job we're talking about).

DrFeelgood is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:42 PM
  #58
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor
 
KpopandHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,968
vCash: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Nope, bombed the first one. Two to fail left.
But how will you ever graduate???

KpopandHockey is online now  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:43 PM
  #59
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
But how will you ever graduate???
Yeah.........

Kitten Mittons is online now  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:44 PM
  #60
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
The worst part about it is, given the economy and how many unemployed people there are, employers hold all the cards and can treat their employees like trash because they are easily replaceable (assuming this is not a specialized job we're talking about).
HR :\

My company is looking for a new HR manager (can't hire my wife, company rules) right now and we got over 40 qualified applications within 2 days, for an HR manager.

Btw, I live in Reno, so that's an insane amount of qualified people for a fairly specific job.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:44 PM
  #61
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Yeah.........
You'll have to resort to doing it the American way sir.

Get to bribing.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
  #62
USF Shark
Zôion politikòn
 
USF Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DC Area
Country: United States
Posts: 20,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
I'm so happy, I have to share this, my wife finally got a job offer after being unemployed for a year and a half. We might get to stay out of the poor house after all.
awesome!

__________________
"I hate books; they only teach us to talk about things we know nothing about."
-Jean Jacques Rousseau
USF Shark is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:49 PM
  #63
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
You'll have to resort to doing it the American way sir.

Get to bribing.
You mean giving "contributions"? Bribing is the Russian way.

But yeah, I guess I'm gonna need to ace the finals.

Kitten Mittons is online now  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:51 PM
  #64
jwhitesj
Registered User
 
jwhitesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Yeah.........
I thought I failed my physics midtemr, ended up getting an A...

The teacher was very generous because most of the class did way worse than I did.

jwhitesj is online now  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:51 PM
  #65
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
I'm so happy, I have to share this, my wife finally got a job offer after being unemployed for a year and a half. We might get to stay out of the poor house after all.
That's great news. Congrats!

__________________

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:54 PM
  #66
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow
 
DrFeelgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Redwood City, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
HR :\

My company is looking for a new HR manager (can't hire my wife, company rules) right now and we got over 40 qualified applications within 2 days, for an HR manager.

Btw, I live in Reno, so that's an insane amount of qualified people for a fairly specific job.
That is an awful lot of competition for a fairly specific job

DrFeelgood is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:54 PM
  #67
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
You mean giving "contributions"? Bribing is the Russian way.

But yeah, I guess I'm gonna need to ace the finals.
haha, good point.

I don't miss college, I have to say. I loved some classes, but some teachers were so horrible it was more stressful than my job.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:56 PM
  #68
Wedontneedroads
Registered User
 
Wedontneedroads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
As an added bonus, if you've never been part of a riot, it's a chance to try something new!

My ex went to a Boca Jrs. vs River Plate in Buenos Aires back in college.

During the game a riot broke out and they started ripping the chairs out of the cement floor and threw them at people.

Why aren't Sharks fans that passionate huh?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Real ain't got **** compared to Liverpool.

Ye, my halfbrother dragged me there about 10 years ago.



Which reminds me, I really need to visit my halfbrother this summer.
Liverpool is awesome. I love good EPL soccer. I will however never forgive them for beating AC Milan in the Champions League finals. At least we got revenge a few short years later

You'll Never Walk Alone has to be the greatest team "motto" in all of sports. Especially when it's accompanied by the ENTIRE stadium singing it before and after each game. AWESOME.


Last edited by Wedontneedroads: 03-05-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Wedontneedroads is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:56 PM
  #69
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 57,025
vCash: 500



Cool.

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:57 PM
  #70
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Wow thanks for the spoiler, Shape.
Ahhh ****beans. My bad. I did mean to spoiler tag it then got side tracked at work and just hit reply.

If it makes you feel any better I was spoiled with the same news in the middle of watching it last night. No joke.

Shape is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 06:59 PM
  #71
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,660
vCash: 500
Hf needs to also fix the spoiler tag for the mobile versions... it doesn't hide the text at all. It also sucks in general.

Kitten Mittons is online now  
Old
03-05-2012, 07:05 PM
  #72
SoupyFIN
Moderator
#character
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 23,400
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbelikewall View Post
Liverpool is awesome. I love good EPL soccer. I will however never forgive them for beating AC Milan in the Champions League finals. At least we got revenge a few short years later
Don't come at me bro, I just went there with my halfbro. He's a huge Liverpool fan, even thou he lives in London.

I think back when I was still playing and actively following matches, ManU was my favourite. Or pretty much any team R9 ever played for- he was my idol back when I started playing, shame that he never played in England.

SoupyFIN is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 07:08 PM
  #73
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,941
vCash: 500
I dunno, I have a tough time watching Soccer. The sport itself is alright, but with all the flopping and crying I feel like I'm watching a Canucks game...

hockeyball is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 07:11 PM
  #74
Wedontneedroads
Registered User
 
Wedontneedroads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Don't come at me bro, I just went there with my halfbro. He's a huge Liverpool fan, even thou he lives in London.

I think back when I was still playing and actively following matches, ManU was my favourite. Or pretty much any team R9 ever played for- he was my idol back when I started playing, shame that he never played in England.
Hahaha that's blasphemous! He has about 5 fan bases looking to Green Street Hooligan him every week for liking Liverpool and living in London

Aston Villa is my EPL team. Sadly...

Sounds like you can't hate on AC since they swooped Ronaldo up at the end of his career

Wedontneedroads is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 07:11 PM
  #75
SoupyFIN
Moderator
#character
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 23,400
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I dunno, I have a tough time watching Soccer. The sport itself is alright, but with all the flopping and crying I feel like I'm watching a Canucks game...
Sort of same nowadays.

Thou, I'm not exactly the person who should be complaining about it as a former striker.

SoupyFIN is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.