HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Prospal Signs 1-Year Extension

Old
03-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Since it's resurrected...

Anyone wonder if the "reshape" was told to Vinny prior to him signing his extension? I just wonder if he was aware of the direction prior to signing and if not, how he feels about it now.

If Nash is being honest and he didn't tell him teammates anything the news came out in mid January that he was on the block as I recall. Dont' remember when he signed his new deal but....
I remember specifically Howsoon using the words "through our transition" when announcing the contract. What that meant then and if it's the same as "reshape"... I obviously don't know.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Since it's resurrected...

Anyone wonder if the "reshape" was told to Vinny prior to him signing his extension? I just wonder if he was aware of the direction prior to signing and if not, how he feels about it now.

If Nash is being honest and he didn't tell him teammates anything the news came out in mid January that he was on the block as I recall. Dont' remember when he signed his new deal but....
I don't think they re-sign a player like Prospal to a one-year contract, while also discussing future roles with the organization, without telling him all that's going on--or at the very least that there's a strong possibility that Nash will be moved as part of the changes.

Also, Prospal was extended on February 8. The Nash thing was reportedly in mid-to-late January.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Xoggz22

I don't disagree with any of the responses and recall Howson uttering the words "help us through our transition" (or however it was phrased). Makes sense the the CBJ knew when they signed Vinny that either Nash had already asked for a trade OR they did, indeed, decide on the "nuclear" option and Nash just helped push it through.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining I'm hopefully everything was laid out and Vinny bought in. Just hope it doesn't come out where Vinny says they didn't make this clear or ????

Just concerned with how things have turned out throught he Nash saga. NOw that he's playing soooo well maybe the CBJ gets the McDonagh or Stepan they want in the deal for him.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:27 PM
frito

My speculation is that Nash's trade request is what drove the Vinny signing. CBJ is losing it's captain and looking to gut other memebers of the official leadership group. They are at least smart enough to realize they need a calming force who will at the same time hold people accountable while they re-shape the roster. If I was a betting man I would speculate that they inform or at least eluded to Vinny what was going on and requested that he keep that information clsoe to the chest. Vinny being the leader he is likely complied.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:44 PM
blahblah

Maybe, but I was trying to figure out long before Vinny got signed why he was still on a team bleeding money with no chance of making the playoffs.

I don't think one move had anything to do with the other.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 04:04 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Vinny has been with more teams than an old puckbunny. I suppose he finally wanted to settle down and prepare to retire somewhere where folks appreciate him.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Vinny has been with more teams than an old puckbunny. I suppose he finally wanted to settle down and prepare to retire somewhere where folks appreciate him.
It's so ironic to me that we have such a hard time getting players to come here (supposedly) and yet once they're here many choose to stay after their careers are over. Didn't Clark take a position in the organization this year? Doesn't Shelley talk about coming back? I think Moreau stayed for quite a while, if he's ever left the area. Modin stayed, etc...

Kinda funny if you're into irony!

Prospal owns 2 homes in FLA. I know there was talk around his 1000 game celebration that he consideres FLA home and would retire there.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote