HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Im actually worried about the playoff seeding

Old
03-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAvery16 View Post
Nashville would be a good series.
Fans of other teams are losing their **** on the main boards thinking about us vs. STL or NASH. They needs MOAR GOALZ!!!111!!!

But that series would be a goalie due to remember.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Fans of other teams are losing their **** on the main boards thinking about us vs. STL or NASH. They needs MOAR GOALZ!!!111!!!

But that series would be a goalie due to remember.
I would relish it. Main boards would feel the hurt of a million butt's if we play St. Louis or Nashville.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Legend23

Worried about Pens?

Anyone worried about the Pens possibly catching us? 8 points back with 17 games left and 2 games against us. We have one game in hand and a slightly easier schedule but if we have a bad week this week it could get interesting. I hope I am being paranoid but since Letang came back they are on fire.

Legend23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:12 AM
dethomas07

Not now..but the playoffs definitely..i have a feeling syd will be back for the playoffs and then that will be a scary team...A true juggernaut

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:18 AM
bathgate

Penguins and Bruins scare me the most. With the Pens, the key is to control the neutral zone. Although we have beaten the Bruins three times, there size may wear us down in a seven game series.
However, if Hank plays up to his standards and does not fall off, I loike our chances against all comers

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Until its clinched, I can't help but think of a collapse.. just how I am.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Crease

The idea of winning the Atlantic Division is so unfathomable to me that I'm programmed to expect a collapse at this point. It's the Mets/Jets/Rangers fan in me.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Hell yes the Pens scare me. Especially the way we've played the last two games against them. Not to mention they're red hot. We can't afford to go into a funk or we'll end up 2nd in the Atlantic.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 08:44 AM
bogans

I really hope that the Pens and Flyers both end up in that hard hitting, hopefully long four-five matchup. In addition, if we could push the Devs down to seventh, so that they can take some of the snarl out of the B's, it would be awesome. If those matchups were to end up materializing, then I could certainly see the Rangers being a real contender.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Mkhizgilov

Is there any word indicating if crosby is gonna be ready come playoff time or not?

Mkhizgilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 12:28 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Until its clinched, I can't help but think of a collapse.. just how I am.
This isnt the Mets

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 12:54 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

The only teams in the east that could push us to seven games are Pittsburgh (Crosby was cleared for contract today ), Ottawa (yes Ottawa), and Boston but I doubt Boston would.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 12:58 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkhizgilov View Post
Is there any word indicating if crosby is gonna be ready come playoff time or not?
No official word on whether he will be ready come playoff time, but with him being cleared for contract today, the writing is on the wall pretty much.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:54 PM
shelaur22

From Sid's interview after practice today, it seems that if he remains symptom-free after "days" of contact practice, he could be playing again as soon as Sunday or early next week.

shelaur22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Mkhizgilov

He's been cleared for contact and returned earlier too, you never know with concussions they might limit his playing time

Old
03-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Vitto79

meh alot of teams would be kinda tough like Buffalo, Washington, Tampa.........I would feel better with Florida or Winnipeg

however we shoud all feel good about this team right now. They can beat anyone in a 7 game series

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 03:04 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1518
As a season ticket holder for the Jets, during the beginning of the season, I dont think we should have worried at all about them but have you guys really been watching them lately? They're really starting to pull it together and become dangerous. I think the Jets are going to start winning almost as much on the road as they do at home now. I love both teams and I really, really do not want to see them meet each other in the first round. Although I guess if that did happen, I'd be guaranteed to see one of my teams in the second round for sure! If you missed the Buffalo game, see if you can find it and take a look at the way the Jets are playing lately. Also, Pavelec is playing brilliantly, do not go by what his stats show. He can definitely steal some games all by himself. That plus us crazy fans in the stands could pull an upset or two in the playoffs. The Jets will make the playoffs, book it.

Watch the Jets vs Canucks coming up, I'm betting it won't be the blowout a lot of people are predicting.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:43 PM
satrabyk

Ya esp if they get Backstrom and Green back, that could trouble. But hey if the NYR are good enough to go all the way they have to beat the good team sooner or later and sometimes the playoffs are totally different ball game, so will see. I think Fla would be the easiest opp as of now.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:45 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
As a season ticket holder for the Jets, during the beginning of the season, I dont think we should have worried at all about them but have you guys really been watching them lately? They're really starting to pull it together and become dangerous. I think the Jets are going to start winning almost as much on the road as they do at home now. I love both teams and I really, really do not want to see them meet each other in the first round. Although I guess if that did happen, I'd be guaranteed to see one of my teams in the second round for sure! If you missed the Buffalo game, see if you can find it and take a look at the way the Jets are playing lately. Also, Pavelec is playing brilliantly, do not go by what his stats show. He can definitely steal some games all by himself. That plus us crazy fans in the stands could pull an upset or two in the playoffs. The Jets will make the playoffs, book it.

Watch the Jets vs Canucks coming up, I'm betting it won't be the blowout a lot of people are predicting.
Why woudl ppl predict a blow out, heck there is not team that you can say will even beat another with confidence in this NHL. A series though Rangers and Jets would be tough on the blueshirts for sure.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Mkhizgilov

devils?

Old
03-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Gatorade*

Pens and Devils would give the Rangers probs. Boston also for that matter.

Sather should have added some depth at the deadline. A couple injuries could really ruin a great season.

Gatorade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
meh alot of teams would be kinda tough like Buffalo, Washington, Tampa.........I would feel better with Florida or Winnipeg

however we shoud all feel good about this team right now. They can beat anyone in a 7 game series
Buffalo is a tough team. Much like NY, they are a never give it up and fight fight to the end. The only difference is they're in a low place. Both of the teams are having terrible offensive woes and defensive breakdowns. Myers is their staal in this situation. The one guy who has shined

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Scooter17

I don't think there are any "easy" match-ups for this team. All the games will be close and hard fought because of the way this team plays and is built. Its been that way all year. We win a lot of low scoring 1-goal games and we have trouble scoring.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Mkhizgilov

First round matchups of Devils vs. Bruins and Philly vs. Pittsburgh would be ideal for us

Old
03-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I'm really starting to fester some fear over Pittsburgh. With the possibility of Crosby coming back for the playoffs, I've been getting this horrible feeling that he will return to another one of those "heroic" auras and beat the Rangers in the playoffs.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote