HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Jersey & Merchandise Thread

Old
03-03-2012, 07:02 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Anywhere I've asked the place wouldn't do it, since I have 2 Volchenkov jerseys was thinking of switching one of them to Da Costa, or for having it available for the future. What I've been told is they dont want to take responsibility for effing up taking the nameplate off.

Here's a pic of one of my fave jerseys I have, replica jersey with pro stitching though.

I have a blank 07 home, and was thinking about getting Volchenlkov on it. I would be willing to trade (but the Jersey is in Calgary, so I won't be able to mail it until later in the year)

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Al Cverik

vCash: 500
If you lived in Ottawa, I'd be able to send you to a guy who would get that looked after. Seeing as how you're not, best advice I can give you is to go to any sewing store/ Walmart and buy a $2 seam ripper, pull the nameplate off, and hope there's a pro-shop in your area that can sew on a new name. Places here in Ottawa charge $20-30 to add a name/nameplate.

As long as you don't rip the jersey, any damage you do to it will probably just be covered by the new nameplate you're going to put over there it used to say "HEATLEY", so you'll never see it. Any glue residue will also just be covered by the new nameplate, so no worries there.[/QUOTE]

After reading this thread I took my Heatley jersey to a local shop just to see what they could do. Long story short I asked if they could turn my Heatley jersey into a Spezza jersey and he said they could. I trusted him and we will see what happens. I hope I don't get ripped off. If I do I wouldn't wear a Heatley jersey anyway.(or a ****** looking Spezza jersey.)

Al Cverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:17 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan44 View Post
A couple older pictures. I have since added to the collection. A bonk 14 "A" (still looking for a 76) and my parents are coming for a visit and bringing my all star Alfie and Karlsson.
I used to collect other jerseys but have focused more on my Sens. I have a vast collection of team Canada jerseys and Gretzky jerseys amongst others. Came close to getting an old 14 Marsh but decided on a pair of Kelly Guard game used pads instead the gold pads he used in Bingo!
I'm so jealous right now.

03-04-2012, 04:34 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
I have 2 Senator Jersey's and I believe they are both authentic. Both have all embroidered patches etc. I know my white 2007 is definitely so.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:23 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by great1 View Post
I love that Chris Kelly Binghamton jersey! I have a blank reebok Bingo jersey from the year after the lockout, I wish it was a SP like yours so I could customize it with Spezza or Kelly.
Thanks. I got it from a girl who's Dad is part of ownership/management or something along those lines.....I cant quite remember. I can't seem to find anywhere that can put the older Bingo name/numbers on a blank jersey though cause I want a Carkner for my wife.

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:28 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
I'm digging your Sens collection!

The McLlwain jersey is especially epic.
Thanks. My wife and I were on our honeymoon and she surprised me with tickets to a Kolner Haie (Cologne Sharks) game. Once I saw the roster for the team I knew I had to get a Dave Mc jersey. 80 euros The beer was brought around the rink by a guy with a backpack and he would pump it into your mug so you wouldnt have to get up from your seats!

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 08:13 AM
BK201

Does anyone in here have experience in framing jerseys and if so do you gave any tips for making the jersey look nice? Like no wrinkles.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Cverik View Post
Is it possible to get name plates and numbers changed on jerseys? I'm curious because I have a Heatley Sens authentic.
Yep. You can go see Lou @ Clubhouse on Merivale road 224-9293, and he will put #15 Smith on it for you.

You can only change the name plate, not the numbers as it will leave a mark!

Quote:
Our wives should start a support group, lol...
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan44 View Post
A couple older pictures. I have since added to the collection. A bonk 14 "A" (still looking for a 76) and my parents are coming for a visit and bringing my all star Alfie and Karlsson.
I used to collect other jerseys but have focused more on my Sens. I have a vast collection of team Canada jerseys and Gretzky jerseys amongst others. Came close to getting an old 14 Marsh but decided on a pair of Kelly Guard game used pads instead the gold pads he used in Bingo!
I focus on the Team Canada Jersey's, Canadian Teams, SENS, All Star jersey's and big names like Gretzky!

Kick myself for not getting a Gretzky (Burger King Jersey), as they are now rare and going for about $500 now!!!!!

Last edited by Rocket Richard: 03-05-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 09:13 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Richard View Post
Yep. You can go see Lou @ Clubhouse on Merivale road 224-9293, and he will put #15 Smith on it for you.
Haha, I love Lou. Guy is gold. Doesn't take BS from ANYONE, never shies away from A-hole douchecanoe customers to tell them what he really thinks of them. He's a dying breed though, it's a shame. The guy is in it for the love of the business & sports.

Cool thing about his store is that he's got some CRAZY old stuff from being in business for over 30 years (not on display, but you can ask) If you're a collector of old oddball stuff you might never find anywhere else, he's the guy in the city to see.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
is there a way to take off the heat-pressed numbers?
i have a black third i bought with hossa in the back.
i know the sens store can add the old fonts/letters, but can they remove the number first? or will the stitched numbers hide it well?

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:12 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Two guys came into the Sens Shop the other day and both placed an order for a customized jersey (heritage). The first order was a Suter jersey, his bud ordered a Parise jersey with the number 10.

Confidence? Hope? ... extremely stupid?

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:20 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Two guys came into the Sens Shop the other day and both placed an order for a customized jersey (heritage). The first order was a Suter jersey, his bud ordered a Parise jersey with the number 10.

Friends of Suter and Parise? #amancandream

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:

Extremely stupid. Parise wore 11 in University, 9 for NJD. Everyone knows he will wear 91 when he comes here. That is why Turris wasn't allowed to have it. Duh.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
i know the sens store can add the old fonts/letters, but can they remove the number first? or will the stitched numbers hide it well?
It's not worth removing them at all, as it bleeds into the material. If your getting the same numbers stitched, you will have to see that it fits before it is sewn on.

I don't see why it couldn't be done though!

Again, the man to see is Lou @ Clubhouse on Merivale road!

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:24 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
Are you talking about heat pressed VINYL numbers?

If so, I have had some success before with a product called "GOOF OFF", available at most hardware stores (Home Depot). However, I really, really stress that things can go awry very quickly with that product. There's a chance you can ruin the jersey, and it's not a small chance.

Things to know when using Goof Off on a jersey:
1) You night ruin your jersey by bleeding the colors. DO NOT USE ON A NEW RBK JERSEY, the colors will DEFINITELY run. Only use on old CCM/Koho jerseys, and even then, test it on the inside hem to be sure the color won't run.

2) Goof Off smells like you painted your entire house in lacquer. Only use in a well ventilated area, and only with gloves. Your jersey will also stink too high heavens, so it'll need a wash (or two) afterwards.
(protip: never EVER tumble dry your jerseys: wash in cold water, then hang dry them)

3) it will take a LOT of hard work/scrubbing to get the vinyl off, and even then it might not work.

All in all, if it's a jersey you value at all, you might not want to risk it. I've re-claimed some jerseys with vinyl on them, but I've also ruined a few (although they're usually just cheap jersey's I've found around town, so no big loss).

(Vinyl heat press numbers are frigging terrible).

As for heat-pressed TWILL numbers... man, good luck. The glue on those suckers can sometimes be too much for even the strongest paint thinners. If it's heat-pressed twill, just live with the fact that you have a Hossa jersey. You are guaranteed, GUARANTEED going to do irreversible damage to it. Trust me. In many cases, the glue is just too much of a SOB to work with.

It could be worse: you could have a Bryan McCabe Leafs jersey.
(What? Too soon?)

Old
03-06-2012, 07:27 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:

Stupid, especially if either one of them signs with the Leafs or something, and you have to put up with D-bag Leafs fans pointing that fact out to you for the rest of your jersey-wearing life.

What a waste of money...

Old
03-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godinster View Post
Shamelessly stealing the idea from the Flyers thread.

ecseller.com
borntradejersey.com
jersey101.com

These three seem to have the best reputation. I bought two from borntrade a month or so ago and they look great, friends haven't been able to tell the difference.

Wound up costing me just under $100 with shipping from China for $25 [for both]
I alot of the red threading on the Spezza jersey at SBP. I thought it was a limited time threading but I guess not.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 08:30 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
I alot of the red threading on the Spezza jersey at SBP. I thought it was a limited time threading but I guess not.
I think you accidentally a word there.

Old
03-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
I think you accidentally a word there.
What the heck?

I definitely did not post this?

Old
03-06-2012, 08:59 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
What the heck?

I definitely did not post this?
Well, that's really weird then?

Old
03-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Well, that's really weird then?
It's been cleared up.

I guess my account accidentally got merged with a friends.

Haha I was so confused for a good 5 minutes

Old
03-06-2012, 09:20 AM
MatthewT

Quote:

On NHL.com im pretty sure it won't let you mix up players and teams jerseys

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
That's what I thought as well. Like if I entered "Gretzky" 99, I'm pretty sure it didn't let me do it.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:27 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
It's technically not allowed under the licensing agreement as governed by the league and the NHLPA.

Most stores at any local level really do not give a carp, though, because they aren't advertising it's availability. It's not really ever enforced, except for huge retailers like NHLshop.com, etc... Sens Store definitely won't be getting a call from the league's licensing offices, that's for sure. Small potatoes.

Old
03-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Imagine the store said no to the order?
Bob Suter and Paul Parise would be mad they aren't allowed to get their jerseys!

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote