HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

10,000 Pt XXVII: One of our posters is a cannibal, try to guess which one.

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2012, 10:41 AM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
yeah I'm hard to find haha. Some guy on the boards here said HOOOOOCH as I was heading to the bathroom. Then he posts on here, that was me man! ha ha.

Yeah there are family members in our wedding party that I want to cross off too! ha ha but it's mainly my sister. Yeah I'm cold blooded like that

But seriously we think are list is huge at 200! (which I know it is) but hey you can't invite everyone.
Do what we did. We got married in a place that had restricted capacity! I think we had 65 people at our wedding. We got married in Yosemite btw. (not as expensive as you might expect)

Also, my family is very small, and my wifes is gigantic, so we told a lot of her extended family it wasn't fair to have 90% of the wedding be her family.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:48 AM
do0glas

Quote:
yeah I'm hard to find haha. Some guy on the boards here said HOOOOOCH as I was heading to the bathroom. Then he posts on here, that was me man! ha ha.

Yeah there are family members in our wedding party that I want to cross off too! ha ha but it's mainly my sister. Yeah I'm cold blooded like that

But seriously we think are list is huge at 200! (which I know it is) but hey you can't invite everyone.
if you can swing a friday wedding, and not do a full dinner plate/open bar you will save a TON of money. talking thousands of dollars back in your bank right there.

we were at 200 at one point too and it was just a ridiculous amount of money, if you are doing an actual reception area. if you rent out a school gym somewhere you can invite as many as you want. but i would say the average for a reception dinner plate per guest is 70-90$. plus whatever add-ons you get like photography/open bar/DJ blah blah. glad its over! hahaha

Old
03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Celebrated my parents 45th wedding anniversary @ Yosemite, Ahwahna Hotel.

On the other side of the "party wing" was a wedding reception. My parents went over to "toast" the happy couple.

My brother got married at Disneyland (Hotel). Cinderella's coach (silver liveried coachman, etc., white horses). Reception room limit: 125. (AIUI, the cost was in the vicinity of six figures. But when your only daughter is getting married, it's hard to say no.)

Old
03-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Lockout Season

Congrats Hooch!

Quote:

It's really hard to keep the numbers down, but not everyone will come so that helps. My wife and I sent out about 150 invitations, but we ended up with about 116 guests.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
plus whatever add-ons you get like photography/open bar/DJ blah blah. glad its over! hahaha
I have a friend who DJ's for weddings and man seeing how much he gets for what he does you're probably better off spending a few months learning how to spin and put in CDs yourself than to hire a DJ.

also whoa lots of you are married hahaha

Old
03-06-2012, 11:02 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
(AIUI, the cost was in the vicinity of six figures. But when your only daughter is getting married, it's hard to say no.)

Old
03-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
(AIUI, the cost was in the vicinity of six figures. But when your only daughter is getting married, it's hard to say no.)

That's a typo right? You meant five right? Six is ridiculous.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:26 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post

That's a typo right? You meant five right? Six is ridiculous.
Nope.

This was about 10 years ago.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:52 AM
do0glas

usually the brides parents pay for everything, but in todays world its not realistic.

i didnt go to six figures though! you just have to be able to differentiate between what is needed for a memorable wedding vs. omg i have to have this!

Old
03-06-2012, 12:04 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
usually the brides parents pay for everything, but in todays world its not realistic.

i didnt go to six figures though! you just have to be able to differentiate between what is needed for a memorable wedding vs. omg i have to have this!
Our parents split it fairly evenly, I think my Mother-in-Law paid for slightly more.

Still we kept it around $25k or so. Which is pretty impressive for getting married in a 'destination' like Yosemite. My wife did some serious bargain hunting and creative planning. Our wedding looked like it costs us $50k and a lot of people commented on that.

One thing we decided early on was not to pay for peoples hotel rooms. It would have been far to expensive. We did splurge on dinner though (Ahwanee dining room) a rehearsal day catered BBQ and we paid for an entire tour tram for our party to see Yosemite.

Just be creative.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Kitten Mittons

Congrats Hoooch!!!

Biggest mistake of your life

Old
03-06-2012, 12:14 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:

In the 1960s-1980s, yep, that was the norm (and the groom/family paid for the honeymoon and rehearsal dinner).

But nowadays, it seems like bride, groom, and their families are splitting the costs for wedding, reception and honeymoon.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:16 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Quote:
AIUI, the cost was in the vicinity of six figures.

Old
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
I just finished watching Justice League: Doom movie and then I stumbled upon this:

Posted it a few days ago. Hilarious.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
Kitten Mittons

Weddings are a waste of time. They are so stressful, every couple in end is gonna regret doing it in the first place. Just get registered and throw a huge party for friends. Cheaper, plus you don't have your relatives judging everything for hours.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:21 PM
do0glas

Quote:
In the 1960s-1980s, yep, that was the norm (and the groom/family paid for the honeymoon and rehearsal dinner).

But nowadays, it seems like bride, groom, and their families are splitting the costs for wedding, reception and honeymoon.
both of our parents helped where they could, but my wife and I paid for the bulk of the costs. just how it goes sometimes, although it gave me a lot of power to say no/yes to certain things.

im glad they bought her dress. both sets helped out as much as they could.

i think we kept it at around 12k (las vegas) and no we didnt get married anywhere near the strip!

we had to save after the wedding to go on our honeymoon in the summer. we got the wedding portion for free cuz she worked at the church, so that was a burden lifted.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:35 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Weddings are a waste of time. They are so stressful, every couple in end is gonna regret doing it in the first place. Just get registered and throw a huge party for friends. Cheaper, plus you don't have your relatives judging everything for hours.
Ouch dude, cynical much?

We don't regret it, our wedding was wonderful and we look back it very fondly. As for marriage, some end badly sure, but not all of them. I couldn't imagine my life not being with my wife, it would seem empty.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Ouch dude, cynical much?

We don't regret it, our wedding was wonderful and we look back it very fondly. As for marriage, some end badly sure, but not all of them. I couldn't imagine my life not being with my wife, it would seem empty.
That's cause you're American - you just have fun, it's a special day blah blah blah... Armenian weddings have a panel of a bunch of Gordon Ramsay's (relatives) ... all of whom you gotta please and all of whom you won't be able to. The weddings are obviously way more fun American weddings (wow "you people" are booooring) but by the end of the night, bride and groom want to shoot themselves in the face.

Also, I was talking about weddings, not marriages.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Kitten Mittons

Old
03-06-2012, 12:47 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That's cause you're American - you just have fun, it's a special day blah blah blah... Armenian weddings have a panel of a bunch of Gordon Ramsay's (relatives) ... all of whom you gotta please and all of whom you won't be able to. The weddings are obviously way more fun American weddings (wow "you people" are booooring) but by the end of the night, bride and groom want to shoot themselves in the face.

Don't marry an Armenian then.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
Don't marry an Armenian then.
Wasn't going to anyway. I'm not crazy.

And my post applied to basically all ex-Soviet republics, but Armenian specifically when it comes to family feuds.

Old
03-06-2012, 01:03 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Wasn't going to anyway. I'm not crazy.

And my post applied to basically all ex-Soviet republics, but Armenian specifically when it comes to family feuds.
I think most other Nationalities have crazy inlaws as well.

Old
03-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Kitten Mittons

Basically Eastern Europeans/Balkans/Italians/Middle Easterners/Asians.

Old
03-06-2012, 01:16 PM
hockeyball

Quote:

My father-in-law is Armenian and a bunch of his family did attend our wedding

Old
03-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
My father-in-law is Armenian and a bunch of his family did attend our wedding
I like you better now.

But just so you know, they were talking **** the whole time.

Closed Thread